Author Topic: Bug?? Bernard and Hendak seem to be busy  (Read 3655 times)

Offline hanfist

• Planewalker
Bug?? Bernard and Hendak seem to be busy
« on: August 29, 2008, 08:13:25 AM »
Hi. Playing with the Nalia romance and unfinished business installed and I think that's all. After I freed hendak and the slaves (including the children on the boat) I get back and tell Hendak -- he says great and so on, gives me the rewards and then, when I try to talk to him or to Bernard I get the ``hendak/bernard seems to be busy'' message in red that means no dice.... :'(

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Bug?? Bernard and Hendak seem to be busy
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:39:39 AM »
Reinstall the game(backup your saved games). Before installing mods, install the official patch from Bioware.com. Do a clean backup. Install mods. Restore your old save and continue playing.

Offline Drew

• Kind of a prick
  • Planewalker
Re: Bug?? Bernard and Hendak seem to be busy
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 07:49:56 PM »
Hi. Playing with the Nalia romance and unfinished business installed and I think that's all. After I freed hendak and the slaves (including the children on the boat) I get back and tell Hendak -- he says great and so on, gives me the rewards and then, when I try to talk to him or to Bernard I get the ``hendak/bernard seems to be busy'' message in red that means no dice.... :'(
This is a common error that you find when trying to run BG2 on windows XP without the latest patch.  If you don't have the most recent patch installed, you'll need to uninstall your mods, install the patch, and reinstall your mods.  After doing so, your saved game should still be playable, and you won't need to start over.
Poor baby. Couldn't find a fight anywhere else so you had to come here, huh. -Cybersquirt

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: