Author Topic: Quick question regarding ToB (no it's not about progress)  (Read 19187 times)

Offline Cal Jones

• Planewalker
Quick question regarding ToB (no it's not about progress)
« on: August 04, 2008, 02:04:12 PM »
Just want to know what happens when you enter the ToB section with Keto in party. Does she disappear, or does she just sit there, mute, for the duration? (I'm intending to swap her out for Sarevok at that point, to be honest).

Offline Bursk

• Planewalker
Re: Quick question regarding ToB (no it's not about progress)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 03:49:17 PM »
Cal, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but I too plan to swap Keto for Sarevok in ToB.

In case you didn't know, Keto's wine bottle is an immovable object and she gives it to the PC if she ever leaves the group.  I think this is a known issue, but I can only assume that it's too difficult to fix, otherwise it would've been done by now.  Anyway, using Shadow Keeper it's possible to remove the bottle completely, or it can be transferred between characters' inventories (useful if Keto were to leave the group for a short time then rejoin). If you do remove it completely but then need it back at some point, Shadow Keeper can also add items to a character's inventory by selecting the blank entry you want the item to occupy, clicking Change Item and selecting the item from the list ("Keto's Bottle of Wine" is in the Potion category, so you'll need to scroll down the list).

I hope this is a help to you.

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 07:12:38 PM »
I recall being annoyed by that bottle as well.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 01:03:27 AM »
She's there, mute. I'm sure something will be done about the bottle, when Keto ToB is ready. (Hey, maybe she'll finally share!)

Offline Cal Jones

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 12:45:37 PM »
Well something a bit odd did happen, actually - I had Keto and Kelsey in party after beating Jonny boy in Hell, but when they popped up in the Sacred Grove, Keto had been renamed "what the hells am I going to do now?" or something to that effect, and Kelsey was called "If only they could see me now." I managed to fix Kelsey using the K thing, but didn't work for Keto. I ended up having to dump her in the Sacred Grove (but as I was going to ditch her for Sarevok anyway, it didn't matter at that point). At least she got to walk home from there rather than being imploded in the pocket plane... Though I am stuck with that blasted bottle.  >:(

Really enjoyed playing her though, especially the bard contest bit, so I do hope a ToB segment happens some day. Was nice to see an NPC who actually gave a rat's ass about Yoshimo instead of just condemning him as a traitor.

Offline jordoo

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 11:22:03 AM »
Any official answer on this question?

I'm about to finish up SOA with Keto and Saerileth who has TOB content. So I wanted to continue on in TOB with Keto figuring she would work but be silent.

Is it going to cause me issues in my game?

Thanks
Really enjoying Keto BTW! Great job on her!

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 09:02:27 AM »
I haven't heard of anybody else with that problem. You should be fine.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline jordoo

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 11:18:38 AM »
Thanks. I'll definitally miss her personality though!

Offline Ishad Nha

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 09:02:33 PM »
I reported this to the moderators, Kulyok&

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 12:23:15 AM »
Necroposting is bad: hungry Kulyoks will come and get all your figs, dates and grapes. And eat them!
To your question: if an NPC does not have a string fixer in ToB, yes, there's a chance his or her lines will get scrambled and there is nothing you can do about it. Write a string fixer. Or, better yet, develop some ToB content soon. :)

Offline Ishad Nha

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 05:15:57 AM »
The choice is necromancy or starting a wholly new topic about exactly the same question. Seems to me that necromancy is the simpler solution.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 07:39:59 AM »
Okay, I'll play as Captain Obvious here. The anti-necromancy stance has a reason. When you're talking in an active thread, it assumes all participants are able to reply, that is, if you ask a question, they're free to choose whether to reply to you or not; if you troll them, provoke them or bite them, they have a chance to snap back; if you're invoking a moderator, it is to deal with a current issue and not wasting their time; and so on.

However, replying to a long-dead thread, in my eyes, is like talking to absent people: if you ask them a question many years later, they won't be able to participate answer; if you invent a sarcastic reply, it's like kicking a defenseless person - again, they can't answer. So, it's best to speak to the living - that is, start a new thread, possibly with a link to the old one.

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 04:27:32 AM »
^^ +1
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 09:06:08 PM »
Spambots carry special permission to violate necroposting rules.