Author Topic: ToB CD error message  (Read 5373 times)

Xalren

ToB CD error message
« on: August 01, 2008, 11:28:10 AM »
Ok I had a error where it would say that I didn't have the ToB cd in when I tried to play ToB, even though I did and it worked when I used it to play SoA. I tried re-installing it and the error was gone. However when I put the patch back on the error game back up. Help me, also I am running vista.

Offline Lorph Halys

• Planewalker
Re: ToB CD error message
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 12:02:30 PM »
According to the BioWare tech support forums, the solution to this problem is to run the program in administrator mode.

I don't use Vista, so I can't tell you how to do this myself, but there's a guide on how to do it here that I would assume is accurate.

Hope that works for you. If not, the relevant thread is here[/i]. It contains some further suggestions.

norwegianpidgeon

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 01:46:54 PM »
Just recently my laptop stopped reading my TOB disk.  I'm pretty sure it's because the disk is like 7 years old and has gotten a lot of wear and tear.  Is there anyway to run the game without the disk?  When I installed both SOA and TOB I ran the full install.  Any help?

BTW:  In my game I'm in Suldanesselar and have already put a ton of time into the current game and would really be disappointed if I had to drop the game.

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 03:08:27 PM »
Just recently my laptop stopped reading my TOB disk.  I'm pretty sure it's because the disk is like 7 years old and has gotten a lot of wear and tear.  Is there anyway to run the game without the disk?  When I installed both SOA and TOB I ran the full install.  Any help?

BTW:  In my game I'm in Suldanesselar and have already put a ton of time into the current game and would really be disappointed if I had to drop the game.
Single DVD Full Install for Baldur’s Gate 2

With these instructions, you can create a spanking new DVD with BG2 and ToB installed; or create a ISO that can be virtually mounted as a disk-in-drive.

Hopefully you can find a utility, or do a really good but final disc cleaning, that'll read all the files from the ToB disc (and maybe the others).
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 04:55:37 PM »
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,25779.0.html

I wrote a guide on how to fix things with vista ^_^

Vista = evil

I swear it just runs around going

NUU VISTA IS TEH AWESOMENESS YOU CANT PLAY GAMES YOU MUST LEARN NEH NEH NEH NEH NEH!!!

//rant

XP was the playing one (notice it is a sticking out tounge ;) )

vista is like your snotty little brother/sister that just knows everything and fun isn't in its vocabulary :D

norwegianpidgeon

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 09:34:09 AM »
Thanks for the responses guys.  last night I was looking at this again and I think it's just that my CD/DVD drive has gone bad cause I wasn't able to get it to ready any discs. 

Azazello:  I found a noCD crack from your link that i'm going to try when I get home tonight.

irenicus:  Thanks for the response but it's not a Vista issue.  I looked at your posts and I'm glad I don't have to deal with that.

short of buying an external drive i think the noCD crack is my only hope.  i don't have a 2nd computer right now and having to drop my game and reload it as well as all the mods i'm playing on another computer would be too much of a pain.....especially since i'm so close to fights Irenicus as well.  God I love this game.

Offline Rika

• thug life baby
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 09:48:06 AM »
If that wouldn't work, you can always download the CD images and mount em eih.

Hope you saved your saved games..
So if the devil wants to dance with you, you'd better say never cuz the dance with the devil might last you forever

norwegianpidgeon

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »
actually I went home on my lunch break and tried a couple of the no cd patches i found.  one of them worked and the game fired right up without ready my disc.

Offline Montimarc

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 05:04:21 PM »
actually I went home on my lunch break and tried a couple of the no cd patches i found.  one of them worked and the game fired right up without ready my disc.

Hey man could you link the patch please. I have the same problem ^^

norwegianpidgeon

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 09:06:22 AM »
http://gf.wiretarget.com/baldurs_gate_2.htm

I used the InfinityCracker.  Make sure that you run the .exe file from within your SOA directory.  At first I extracted the file to my SOA directory and tried to run from a subfolder within the SOA directory and it didn't work.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: