Author Topic: Stone of Askavar - overpowered or not?  (Read 2553 times)

PetrusOctavianus

Stone of Askavar - overpowered or not?
« on: July 15, 2008, 01:23:43 PM »

I read somwhere (can't remember where) that it was overpowered, but no details were given.
I played a bit of it before and the encountyers were harder than the vanilla ones, but the game kept crashing when trying to visit the ner areas. But now there is a patch out and I was wondering wether to install it or not.
So can anyone shed some more light on this mod, especially regarding overpoweredness. cheesieness and how much it blends in with vanilla BG, Tutu amd the NPC Project?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Stone of Askavar - overpowered or not?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 12:36:02 AM »
It's marked as compatible in this thread, but I'll strongly recommend you to backup your installation(dialog.tlk, override directory) before installing this mod. Kept crashing - yes, I saw a post like this, too, a few months ago, after the mod'd been removed, it worked, as the user reported.

From what I saw: overpowered yes, lack of punctuation - very much so. But if you're not dead set on perfect blending with the game, go ahead - just backup your installation before installing it, as I said.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: