Author Topic: Need just a quick little bit of help on an fresh installation  (Read 1904 times)

Offline ncarty97

• Planewalker
Hello everyone.

First off, thanks for any help in advance.  I don't think my questions are too difficult, but I searched for about half an hour and couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for.

My first question is about the order of installation.  I just finished BG1Tutu with the NPC banter mod, which I really enjoyed, and decided that rather than play through a vanilla BG2 installation, I'd add a few mods to spice it up.  So I'd like some feedback to make sure my install order is ok:

1) Install BG 2: SoA
2) Install BG 2: ToB
3) Install official patch 26498
4) Install unofficial Fixpack (BG2_Fixpack_v6.exe)
5) Install BG2_Tweaks_V6.exe
6) Install Shadows over Soulbar v 1.12
7) Install The Darkest Day 1.03
8) Install TDD patch to 1.03A
9) Install The Big Picture (BPv177a.rar)

I was going to add Ascension, but if I understand it correctly, Ascension is included in The Big Picture.  Everything installed ok, except in BP, something at the very end that referenced Level 50 failed (forgot to screen cap it, but if no one knows what I am talking about I can try again).

So does that look good?  Obviously there are tons of mods I could add, but is there anything I NEED to add to make it work?

My second question involves The Darkest Day.  It drops a new launch icon on my desktop.  If I were just adding that mod, I assume I would use it, but since I am using The Big Picture, should I use it, or the original?

Thanks again for your help!

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
Re: Need just a quick little bit of help on an fresh installation
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 09:52:53 PM »
Although there is a version of Ascension in BP, I recommend you hold off on using BP until the next version update. You can play with stand-alone Ascension instead.

Instead of BP, you can play with either Weimer's Tactics, Sword Coast Strategems II -- or both. If both, SCSII goes after Tactics.

The versions of some of those mods need updating. Do not use those older versions. Go to these links, and follow this install order:

1) Install BG 2: SoA
2) Install BG 2: ToB
3) Install official patch 26498
4) Install Ascension
(4a) (if you want - Weimer's Tactics)
5) Install G3 BG2 Fixpack
6) Install Shadows Over Soubar -- (SoS description)
7) Install The Darkest Day -- (TDD description/walk-thru)
8 ) Install G3 BG2 Tweak Pack
9) Install Sword Coast Strategems II

For more assistance with this type of installation, Search/Read/Post at the Mega Mod Help forum over at SHS.
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline ncarty97

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 08:49:35 PM »
Thanks.  The only reason I really wanted BP was to make sure that TDD and SoS worked together.

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 11:23:58 AM »
BP and other large mods was updated a few years ago to be independent of each other. (The description on its homepage is outdated.)

BP is now a stand-alone AI mod similar to Tactics, SCS, Improved Anvil, etc. Read BPv177_ReadMe.rtf
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 02:57:29 PM by Azazello »
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: