Author Topic: Some creatures not attacking (and few other issues), need help!  (Read 2369 times)

Arlaya

This makes me feel like stinky cheater. I don't know what is the cause, but some characters (as far as I noticed - mages) aren't attacking my party. This happened to this fellow assasin before Friendly Arm Inn, this happened to Ogre Mage which appears when the woman dies near the Firewine Bridge and among others, unfortunately, this happens also to Davaeorn. I have mods to make those creatures/fights tougher (Enhanced Creatures, Sword Coast Stratagems) and a few other that should have no effect on the fights. If anyone has an idea, and would need some more information about components installed or something, I'd gladly tell all I know.

Well and I noticed some other not-so-great things happening to my mods. If anyone can help, I'll be graeteful even more!

At first, I paused (hold by mouse) TuTu installation to read what is shown and there were some kind of warnings (though it says it's completed successfully. And it kinda works. But...
There's green water everywhere. I've read that TuTufix should deal with it, and I know that in previous installation (1,5 year ago, so don't ask me what I did differently then, please :D) it all worked fine with basically same mods (have mine listed).

Another thing, most annoying, are lags appearing in some locations like Gnolls Stronghold. It's not about amount of monsters, I've just done Firewine location and it ate dozens of kobolds at once with no problems whatsoever.
Here tough was another case - when I installed the newest version of BG1 NPC project it lagged everywhere. With version 14 (or so) the rest works fine, just a few (important and fun :( ) lag...

Funny thing is also the iItem mod. I don't get the thing. It was installed fine and worked fine, before I found that new BG1 NPC mod, installed it, and then because of lags I began to experiment and in result game went crazy. So I deleted both BG1 and BGII - SoA folders and copied fresh ones in their place (had stored). Theoretically it all should work fine, neh? I patched anew, did everything same way as before, but iItem mod refused to be installed, Vault installed with warnings and some component about Edwin from other mod also refused to install... No idea.

Here I post the list of mods/patches/fixes I have installed (I did this list for myself last time when it all worked perfectly, I only added Askavar Stone now I think. Could this mess up so many things? :o).

x - BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH.exe
x - BG1FixPack11.exe
x - BG1TOSCGameTextUpdate11.exe
x - BG2ThroneOfBhaalFixPack112.exe
x - BG2ThroneOfBhaalGameTextUpdate12.exe

------ BG1 directory -------

x - BG1 Ease of Use

----- TuTu ------

x - TuTu
x - TuTu Fix

!!_DO NOT_!!
x - walking speeds
x - remove spells that weren't in BG2 (funny, this time that option never shown anywhere)

----- BG2 directory -----

SOUND:
x - rename folder music in bg2 to music.bak and copy the music folder from bg1 to bg2
x - restored BG1 casting sounds (tutu sounds)

ITEM/STORES:
x - none

QUESTS:
x - Slime Quest
x - Grey Clan Episodes
x - Sirines Call
x - Askavar Stone
x - Vault
x - Secret of Bone Hill

NPC's and TWEAKS:
x - BG1 NPC Project
x - BG1 Unfinished Business

NPC MODS:
x - none

GRAPHICAL MODS:
x - BG1 NPC Potrait Pack
x - One Pixel's Productions

AI/SCRIPTING:
x - none

KIT/SPELL:
x - none

GLOBAL TWEAKS/IMPROVEMENTS:
x - MixMod
x - Enchanced Creatures
x - BG2 Tweak Pack
x - iiItem
x - SC Stratagems

----- WORLD MAP ----

---- TUTU GUI -----

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
Re: Some creatures not attacking (and few other issues), need help!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 06:29:26 PM »
Funny thing is also the iItem mod. I don't get the thing. It was installed fine and worked fine, before I found that new BG1 NPC mod, installed it, and then because of lags I began to experiment and in result game went crazy. So I deleted both BG1 and BGII - SoA folders and copied fresh ones in their place (had stored). Theoretically it all should work fine, neh? I patched anew, did everything same way as before, but iItem mod refused to be installed, Vault installed with warnings and some component about Edwin from other mod also refused to install... No idea.
It sounds like in the quote above that you deleted only the override folders from bg1 and bg2.  I'm not a Tutu expert nor am I Igi (the writer of iiItem), but I can tell you that if you didn't remove the weidu.log file when you trashed your override directories it would cause all kinds of problems on your mod installations.  Perhaps that was part of the issue.  If you've got the English language version of bg1 and bg2 you may want to consider EasyTutu instead of Tutu.
I know that EasyTutu requires an un-modded installation that means only bioware provided patches installed.  I think Tutu might have the same requirements, so some of the issues could stem from having some fixpacks already in place before doing your tutu installation.

As I've said, I'm not expert but perhaps I've provided some things worth thinking about....
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Arlaya

Re: Some creatures not attacking (and few other issues), need help!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 09:55:57 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I didn't do anything to my overrides nor weidu.log, if I want to erase anything I just remove whole folder and copy the fresh one (stored) in it's place so no conflicts should arise. But they do anyway sometimes. Well anyway, I'm now trying to go with The Big World project and so far all the bugs I listed above are absent. Wonder if new will come :P

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: