Author Topic: Problem With Mod  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Gibberer

• Planewalker
Problem With Mod
« on: June 08, 2008, 07:07:31 PM »
When my party leaves the keep Nalia begins the speech about paying the reward and then leaving the keep but when I ask if she would not consider fighting for her home the game...does not freeze but nothing happens and only options 1, 5, and 6 appear.  Any ideas what to do? 

Wanted to add that if I completely avoid the issue of trying to hold her keep the game proceeds normally.  Also thought I should say that my PC is not a fighter, monk, or barbarian.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:13:00 PM by Gibberer »

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Problem With Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 08:55:40 PM »
When my party leaves the keep Nalia begins the speech about paying the reward and then leaving the keep but when I ask if she would not consider fighting for her home the game...does not freeze but nothing happens and only options 1, 5, and 6 appear.

Are the other options blank text?

If so, that indicates that you did not correctly install the mod.

Reinstall it, ensuring that--

1. The game is not running,
2. No other mod installers or modding tools are running,
3. You let the installation finish entirely before playing (including answering the "press enter to exit" prompt in the text window.)
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Gibberer

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 09:48:49 PM »
The game wasn't running when I installed it the first time.

This was the first mod I tried to download(wild applause for the designer ;D).

I would have sworn that I did install it completely and certainly didn't start playing until then.  Also I started a new game just for the mod.

Will the new installation make in impossible to play the mod on a saved game already defeating the trolls in the keep?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 09:53:37 PM »
Your saved games should be fine.

Are you by chance running Vista, or Win2K/XP as a guest or limited-access user? That's the only other likely possibility--that the mod didn't have permission to correctly modify your files.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Gibberer

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 09:59:34 PM »
Nope, none of those and I downloaded this mod(very smoothly organized, might I say) again and immediately got passed that trouble spot so despite my PC's lack of brutish physical ability I have assumed regency over the keep.  Thanks again JC! :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: