Author Topic: Khalid has gone insane!  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Silverstar

• Planewalker
Khalid has gone insane!
« on: April 25, 2008, 05:26:59 AM »
We were tackling the nasty dwarven warriors in Nashkel mines (FoTD adds them, right?) Khalid got wounded badly and got a morale failure. Not uncommon for him as he is not known for his bravery. However, after the battle ended, I quick-saved, and waited for Khalid to shake out of it.

Problem is, he did not.

He kept running all around. Even I caught up him and rested my party, nope, he always had a yellow circle and became uncontrollable.

Tried CTRL+R but to no avail.

I fear the difficulty introduced by this mod was too much for Khalid's fragile mind. Sigh.

I did not have a cleric with remove fear spell so I had to dump him out of the party, he did not even get his kick out dialogue which is nice as I got to keep Jaheira whom I really adore.

Any suggestions? He had pretty good treasure on himself which is gone for now. I can kill him and loot his corpse but it won't sit well with me. (being NG and all) should I try getting a cleric and returning to cast a remove fear? It would be too much work though. I now have Shar-teel and she is a much better warrior. (cooler too!)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Khalid has gone insane!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 04:36:25 PM »
First you need to tell me what other mods you have installed. FotD does not add dwarven warriors to the Nashkel mine.

The problem with Khalid sounds like an odd bug. I have not experienced anything like that with any of the NPCs. I do know that a morale failure should always be temporary and in Khalid's case, it should end after 60 seconds.

-Echon

Offline Silverstar

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 10:38:51 AM »
I did not know that duergars were added by your mod. Sorry. I do not know the exact list of new content added by your mod so I assumed it was...well, due to difficultiness of the battle but the loot was horribly unbalanced, with AC-1 magical armors and +4 special axes.

I had UB, Comforge, BG1 quests mod and FotD installed.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 01:00:49 PM »
BGQE doesn't add those, either.

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 03:16:19 PM »
Hey All,

Those nasty "dirty" duergar dwarves (five of them) are added to the third level of the Nashkel Mines by CoMForge, but you will only encounter them if you install CoMForge after installing FotD.  ;)

Cheers,
LoneRogue
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing..."

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: