Author Topic: Keto/Aerie/HD  (Read 9812 times)

Incorrigible

Keto/Aerie/HD
« on: April 21, 2008, 09:49:16 PM »
I'm playing my first game with Keto (umpteenth with Kelsey and other PP mods) and loving her so far!  I have Aerie and Haer'Dalis in my party so I can see Keto's reactions to their relationship, and it was great...for maybe four or five flirts.  There's been no flirtations since HD cheesed off Aerie by calling her "mousie" so she would say her lines with conviction.  I killed a LOT of time in Chapter 3 to see what else would happen, and it's Chapter 6 now and I'm wondering if something ain't right.  My PC is female, so obviously there was no romantic conflict over Aerie.  Is that necessary for their romance to proceed?  I've had a very difficult time finding information about this, so I'm hoping you folks here can help me.

In Shadowkeeper, the AERIEROMANCEACTIVE Global Variable is 1, with 1715348 for AERIEROMANCE.

HAERDALISROMANCEACTIVE is also 1, and HAERDALISROMANCE is 1934526. 

I hope this is enough information to figure out what's going on!  I've never kept HD and Aerie around long enough to see their full romance, and now that Keto's around to spice it up I'd really like to.  Otherwise, they've become dead weight banter-wise.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Keto/Aerie/HD
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 08:44:48 AM »
Strange. What's the Lovetalk local variable on HD? (Check his portrait, Affects, and look for LOVETALK in SK.)
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Incorrigible

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 10:19:13 AM »
LOVETALK is set at 13.  Are his chats with Keto sans Aerie considered lovetalks?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:44:30 AM »
Yeah, the code they use for HD/Aerie is very much like the code they use for the four PC romances, but obviously keys off HD talking to Aerie instead of HD talking to the PC. So HAERDALISROMANCEACTIVE refers to the state of things between HD and Aerie, LOVETALK under HD refers to the progress on the track between HD and Aerie, etc.

If it's at 13, that means you should have seen "You have come to me, my goddess!  I have prayed for my love not to be denied, and my majestic queen appears before me!" which is a couple of talks past the "mouse" one.

I really don't know what might be holding things up, but I have a guess. This is the point where, if there is an active Aerie/PC romance, the actual "triangle" business starts up. You do have the romance going with Aerie, so it looks like something is waiting. You might try setting HAERDALISROMANCE to 1 to try to force him to get to the next talk, or using the AdvanceRealTime(99999) trick that some favor now.

(I'm all but certain it's not us causing the problem, though.)
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Incorrigible

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 10:50:38 AM »
Hm, the only non PPG mod I have installed is Romantic Encounters, which is looking pretty culpable at the moment.  Thanks a bunch for your help!  You wear the overlord mantle gracefully.   ;)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 10:57:08 AM »
I would be surprised if RE did anything to it, actually. It might just be a touch of ropey coding by Bioware.

Try saving the game and then doing

CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(99999)

and see if it shakes anything loose.

Incorrigible

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 11:30:45 AM »
Hmm, no good.  I guess I'll try again next time, maybe with a male protagonist so Aerie doesn't get so confused. Thanks again!

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 11:59:29 AM »
Well, intriguingly the game does think you have a romance going with Aerie, as AerieRomanceActive is 1. I can't explain, though.

Marrow

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 11:46:37 PM »
I realize this comment is a bit late, but I've been having the same problem, strangely enough. I am playing a female CHARNAME and I took along HD and Aerie just for the extra lovin'  ;D. They got to the dialogue where HD confesses his feelings and Aerie asks for time to sort herself out. It has been roughly 7-8 game days and I've AdvanceRealTime'ed it twice to no effect.

Here's the thing though, I do not have Keto installed so she definitely cannot be the source of this problem. I do have RE though and my question is that if it is a problem with Bioware's coding, wouldn't more people have noticed it? I suppose not many female Charname's take along Aerie/HD, but I had never heard of this bug before.

Here's to hoping it's not RE though. I love that mod too much to be suspicious of it...  ;)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 12:56:39 AM »
It's not RE, no. RE only works after Spellhold, and only if Haer-Aerie romance is not active.

By the way, all RE-related questions are better asked in RE forum, because chances are I simply won't see them otherwise.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: