Author Topic: Tweaking Jasper  (Read 10148 times)

Offline McZero

• Planewalker
Tweaking Jasper
« on: April 18, 2008, 05:12:02 PM »
Hey guys, i wanted to change jaspers name and speech to surprise my friend and con him into believing i made it :)

I tried changing his speech in jassy\English\fwjassy.TRA but it just reset >.<

I'm not going to relelease the mod or anything gay like that, i'de just like to change a few things for my own use.

I can't find the file to change his name, any help?

Cheers, McZero
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 05:35:19 PM by McZero »

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Tweaking Jasper
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 12:20:37 PM »
Maybe you forgot to (re-)install the mod after you changed the .tra references?
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline McZero

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 12:56:51 PM »
Allright, i'll give that a shot thanks.

Edit: That worked! Cheers man.

Where do i go about changing Jassy's name? :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:06:20 PM by McZero »

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 02:59:03 PM »
Try the .tp2 file. I don't recall if it's actually traified or not.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline McZero

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 04:31:33 AM »
Nope, couldn't find anything significat=nt  ???  :-\

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 10:52:05 AM »
It's in jassy/setup.tra .

By the way, lecture lecture to you budding hackers, even Windows Search has the ability to search inside a file for a particular string. The free program Agent Ransack makes it even easier. There's really no reason you couldn't have found this information on your own by searching the files within the BG2 directory for "Jasper".
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 07:22:24 PM by jcompton »

Offline McZero

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 02:17:39 PM »
I tried that, it just came up with the readme.  :-\

Offline Qwinn

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 11:17:50 PM »
I lub Windows XP for it's stability, but seriously, my Windows Search function is absolutely 100% useless for picking up strings within files. It does okay finding files based on the string being within the filename (and I'd certainly freakin' hope so), but within the files themselves, nothing.  I can tell it to search a directory with ONE file, and that file contains the string I'm searching for 20 times, and it will still fail to find the string within that file.  It's that bad.

Thank you for suggesting an alternative out there, cause the windows version is utterly broken as far as I'm concerned.

Qwinn
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 11:19:37 PM by Qwinn »

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 05:35:25 PM »
TextPAD is another good one. Searches inside of multiple directories with good output options, and clicking on the search result loads the file and positions the cursor at the start of that line. For example,

Searching for: sling
bg1npc.tp2(831): PATCH_IF ((sx = 1) AND (sz = 2)) BEGIN //Equip sling and bullets
bg1npc\tra\english\x#faldorn.tra(171): @170  = ~Jaheira, I, for one, know well enough how to load a bullet into a sling. Can I be excused from listening to your instructions on that subject yet again?~
bg1npc\tra\english\x#imoen.tra(159): @158  = ~I'll be 'slingin' spells' in no time. Haha!~
bg1npc\tra\english\x#montaron.tra(164): @163  = ~Here. Have yer sling back.~
bg1npc\tra\english\x#montaron.tra(165): @164  = ~My sling? What do you mean? It isn't miss- oh, I see. I, uh, knew you took that.~
bg1npc\tra\english\x#pcinit_tmp.tra(536): @532  = ~*She slings an arm around your waist and mockingly drags you forward a few paces.*~
bg1npc\tra\english\x#pcinit_tmp.tra(1122): @1118 = ~Am I to assume that you are thinking right now that this stone can be fitted into a sling, should we run out of stones?~
Found 7 occurrence(s) in 5 file(s)

Searching for: blue
bg1npc\phase2\baf\x#xzint2.baf(221): AttackedBy([EVILBUTBLUE],DEFAULT)
bg1npc\phase2\baf\x#xzjell.baf(16): Allegiance(Myself,EVILBUTBLUE)
bg1npc\phase2\baf\x#xzjell.baf(29): Allegiance(Myself,EVILBUTBLUE)
bg1npc\phase2\baf\x#xzjell.baf(61): Allegiance(Myself,EVILBUTBLUE)
bg1npc\phase2\baf\x#xzjell.baf(73): Allegiance(Myself,EVILBUTBLUE)
bg1npc\phase2\baf\x#xzslim.baf(9): Allegiance(Myself,EVILBUTBLUE)
bg1npc\phase2\baf\x#xzslim.baf(20): Allegiance(Myself,EVILBUTBLUE)
bg1npc\phase2\baf\x#xzslim.baf(30): Allegiance(Myself,EVILBUTBLUE)
bg1npc\phase2\baf\x#xzslim.baf(62): Allegiance(Myself,EVILBUTBLUE)
bg1npc\phase2\baf\x#xzslim.baf(74): Allegiance(Myself,EVILBUTBLUE)
bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#kisequ.d(124): IF ~~ THEN DO ~ActionOverride("X#keth",JumpToPoint([1010.1638])) SetGlobal("X#KivanSea","GLOBAL",5) ActionOverride("X#SAHA01",Enemy()) ActionOverride("X#SAHA01",Attack("seasnake")) ActionOverride("X#SAHA02",Enemy()) ActionOverride("X#SAHA01",Attack(Player1)) ChangeEnemyAlly("seasnake",GOODBUTBLUE) ~ EXIT
bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#xzint.d(485): DO ~SetGlobal("X#TalkedToZizi","GLOBAL",2) SetGlobal("X#SlimeCraze","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobal("X#XzarSlime","GLOBAL",1) ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,EVILBUTBLUE) ActionOverride(Myself,Polymorph(SLIME_OLIVE)) TakePartyItem("X#XZSLIM") DestroyItem("X#XZSLIM")~
bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#xzint.d(496): DO ~SetGlobal("X#TalkedToZizi","GLOBAL",4) SetGlobal("X#SlimeCraze","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobal("X#XzarSlime","GLOBAL",1) ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,EVILBUTBLUE) ActionOverride(Myself,Polymorph(SLIME_OLIVE)) TakePartyItem("X#XZSLIM") DestroyItem("X#XZSLIM")~
bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#xzint.d(507): DO ~SetGlobal("X#TalkedToZizi","GLOBAL",6) SetGlobal("X#SlimeCraze","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobal("X#XzarSlime","GLOBAL",1) ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,EVILBUTBLUE) ActionOverride(Myself,Polymorph(SLIME_OLIVE)) TakePartyItem("X#XZSLIM") DestroyItem("X#XZSLIM")~
bg1npc\phase2\dlg\x#xzint.d(518): DO ~SetGlobal("X#TalkedToZizi","GLOBAL",8) SetGlobal("X#SlimeCraze","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobal("X#XzarSlime","GLOBAL",1) ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,EVILBUTBLUE) ActionOverride(Myself,Polymorph(SLIME_OLIVE)) TakePartyItem("X#XZSLIM") DestroyItem("X#XZSLIM")~
bg1npc\phase3\ajrom\baf\x#ajrom.baf(580): !Detect([EVILBUTBLUE])
bg1npc\phase3\dyrom\dlg\x#dyro.d(2560): ++ @1077 + DYRO14.12Blue
bg1npc\phase3\dyrom\dlg\x#dyro.d(2569): IF ~~ DYRO14.12Blue
bg1npc\phase3\pid\x#pcinit.d(13177): ++ @3371 DO~ SetGlobal("X#BlueEye","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobal("X#EyeColor","GLOBAL",1)~ + CoBlue
bg1npc\phase3\pid\x#pcinit.d(13187): IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CoBlue
bg1npc\tra\english\bg1npc_tmp.tra(709): @475  = ~You find yourself in an old cavern deep underground, sketches of old, long forgotten gods painted on its walls. Blue and orange; your sense of taste cringes at the sight of these gaudy colors. You are moving along the narrow corridor, delving deeper into the labyrinth, and you know that there is a real possibility of not returning. You do not want to.
bg1npc\tra\english\bg1npc_tmp.tra(737): This is your engagement ring Ajantis gave to you. The ring is Ilvastarr family treasure. It is ornamented in rather a plain way, with only a few elaborate decorations around a light-blue gem.~
bg1npc\tra\english\p#brlt.tra(431): @430  = ~Mystra's star? Its blue soft light is pleasant to behold. Mayhap I would have picked it, if I indeed had to choose.~
bg1npc\tra\english\p#brlt.tra(538): @537  = ~'Twas your sheltering haven and the refuge for years, I remember. But surely this vast and untroubled blue expanse, clear and pristine, stirs something in your memory and heart?~
bg1npc\tra\english\p#brlt.tra(547): @546  = ~Sea is... majestic, and eternal. Neither crystal blue lakes amongst sprawling forests of pine, nor most tender caresses of a devoted lover can compare to its splendor and grace. 'Tis sad but inspiring that her everlasting beauty will gladden someone's eye long after we're gone.~
bg1npc\tra\english\p#brlt.tra(651): @650  = ~*Branwen lightly touches her seemingly twisted ankle with a pair of fingers, and cool blue light emanates from her fingertips. In a matter of seconds, she is up and smiling.* Shall we continue, <CHARNAME>?~
... clipped out for space ...
Found 68 occurrence(s) in 30 file(s)

all instantly acessible. Even searches dlialog.tlk, though it seems to elide some strings so the linecount is wrong.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 05:37:53 PM by cmorgan »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: