Author Topic: compatibility of IWG2 with IWD2 mods  (Read 4523 times)

Offline coineineagh

• Planewalker
    • coineineagh's page
compatibility of IWG2 with IWD2 mods
« on: April 04, 2008, 08:39:20 PM »
I know this is an old project, but I'm soon going to play it with a detailed walkthrough at hand, so I hope someone who knows a bit about the engine can help me out. I suspect my problem is easily fixed:
2 mods I installed added arcane spells to the druid spell list (Burning Hands, Cat's Grace, Stoneskin, Fiery Cloud, etc.), but after running IWG2.exe my druid can't cast them anymore.
My game tactics rely on my druid being able to cast Stoneskin. In IWG2 these spells are greyed out and state: "[spellname] beyond druid casting ability", as if the appropriate stat is too low. I hope the file in Override, that is involved in linking the new spells to druid wisdom, has been overwritten. If I'm wrong, then it is probably due to an alteration in the dialog.tlk or chitin.key files.
If anyone knows of a simple way around this problem, I'd be happy to hear it.

I'm trying to iron out the problems with IWD2 mods in IWG2, and if you have anything to add, please check out this thread:
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,23874.0.html
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 11:26:37 AM by coineineagh »
clever remark pending

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: