Author Topic: Yet more praise for this mod  (Read 2701 times)

Varel1

Yet more praise for this mod
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:36:35 AM »
I have just finished playing Shadows of Amn for the second time with this mod installed. I would like to congratulate all concerned, as I believe they captured not only the personality of Nalia, but also the other romanceable females perfectly.

My first playthrough involved Nalia, Viconia, Jaheira and Aerie, whilst my second involved only Viconia and Nalia, (I dumped Jaheira asap). The additional dialogue in the second game between Nalia and Viconia was sparkling. and has tickled my curiosity regarding just having Nalia and Aerie, (or indeed Jaheira), in the party.
Therefore this mod has excellent replayability potential.

This is a superb mod, and I only have one complaint, i.e. in the maze beneath Spellhold, once you have the crystal and the hand, the main character staggers and a party member expresses concern. I preferred Nalia's concern in the original game, (from memory, "we will have to be extra gentle with you") to the concern in the mod.

This is nitpicking, however, and I sincerely hope that you will find time to add TOB content.

Once again, well done to everybody involved in the creation of this excellent mod.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Yet more praise for this mod
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 07:46:47 AM »
It's Jason's writing all along, both for Nalia and Aerie-Jaheira-Viconia-other characters. I was just coding stuff.

(And, yes, I tend to complain about replacing the original dialogue, too - see Anomen's Hell arrival comment and the Flirt Pack).

Glad it worked for you. :)

Varel1

Re: Yet more praise for this mod
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 08:26:05 AM »
Many thanks for the link, Kulyok, very entertaining.

I have never played as a female character in BG2 and thus have been spared the romance with pompous Anomen, therefore, all of the quoted dialogue was new to me.

My favorite romance was Viconia, and I would put this Nalia romance equal with that and above the official Aerie and Jaheira romances.

This could be gameplay, or because both Nalia and Viconia are voiced by the superb Grey DeLisle.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: