Author Topic: CRC failed.... help please.  (Read 1060 times)

Offline wizardboi

• Planewalker
CRC failed.... help please.
« on: March 09, 2008, 06:47:17 PM »
Hi I am new and I just want to say that I love Baldur's Gate I had the setup on my Mac before the power supply went.  My problems is this:
On XP Pro I installed both Baldur's Gate games from the dvd with their expansions.  I upgraded BG2 and both games are in their own folders side by side on the same HD.  I dl the EasyTutu for the ToB and ran the installer which was located on the desktop.  I used the defalt temp location and installed.  The installation went all the way across to the end and gave an error.  The error is this:   CRC failed in TutuCore.exe
                         Unexpected end of archive
Please help me figure out what went wrong or what I did wrong.  Need more info please ask.  Thanks.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: CRC failed.... help please.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 05:29:45 AM »
Try downloading again.  Be sure to download and save the distribution to your computer prior to running it.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline wizardboi

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 01:57:19 PM »
Hey, thanx for replying.  I downloaded the file 3 times and each gave me the same error.  I used a dl manager then the built in one and switched browsers with no luck.  I think I'm going to try the regular tutu program and see what happens.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 07:10:46 PM »
Hrm.  Well, I can't recreate that issue.  When I download the distribution, the MD5 sum checks out, and it installs fine.

Perhaps try deleting the C:\Temp\EasyTutuSetup folder between attempts to be sure you're getting a clean start.  Also, using a MD5 tool to check your download against the checksum posted on the EasyTutu page might reveal something.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline wizardboi

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 03:24:43 AM »
Hurray!!!!!!!!!  I got it to work.  I just wanted to let you all know.  It was somewhat simple.  Here's what I did in case anyone else has this issue.
1. I uninstalled BG 1 & 2 from my second Hard Drive
2. I reinstalled them to the defalt location (C drive)
3. I applied the bioware patches to both
4. I downloaded EasyTutu with Internet Explorer and saved it to my desktop
5. I ran that and let it save in the Temp folder defalt location.
6. I installed and it worked.

Thanks goes out to Macready for the help in the hint in the right direction and to try once more.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: