Author Topic: Chapter 7 issues  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Qwinn

• Planewalker
Chapter 7 issues
« on: March 08, 2008, 01:25:50 PM »
Hey Sim, remember me? :)  I beta'd quest pack a few eons ago, hehe.

Okay, I recently did a big run through where I explored every last bit of content.  It was a remarkably clean run, actually, with EasyTuTu, BG1NPCv14 and BG1UBv6 installed.  Most of the issues I found have been resolved by the modders for the other two mods, but this one everyone seems to agree is best handled by BG1UB.

Quoting myself from the TuTu thread:

"In Chapter 7, assuming you took care of all other quests in Chapter 5, when you get back to Baldur's Gate, there's three new things you can do:

1) clean out the Iron Throne building again
2) rescue Duke Eltan from the Flaming Fist HQ
3) kill the two assassins in the Undercellar

The game seems to pretty much expect you to do them in that order - I'll explain how in a sec.  There's certainly no need to do them in that order, and you can in fact be nudged to do the last one first.  For example, when I went back to BG from Candlekeep I first went to the East section (with the Sorcerous Sundries).  Immediately, Husam came up and talked to me and told me to meet him in the NE section.  When you do, a bunch of shadow thieves appear with him, tell you that they're from Amn and that Amn has nothing to do with BG's troubles, and tip you off about the assassins.  Tamoko is another NPC that can tell you about the assassins before doing either the Iron Throne building or rescuing Duke Eltan.  Anyways, yes, I did the assassins first on Husam's say-so, and talked to Husam after, at which point he leaves.  But then, when I talked to Tamoko and to Duke Eltan, both of them told me to go kill the assassins even though I had already done so, and I had no option to say "Already taken care of", I could only say something like "I'll head over now and take care of it".  This is no big deal, you can still go to the coronation and proceed, but that whole thing seemed... well, unfinished.  Which may mean it's probably better as a BG1UB issue, but thought you might want to know."

Anyways, great work for the mod!  Other than the hobgoblin that follows you but doesn't say anything in the Drizzt area and that halfling fellow in Gullykin with the messed up dialogue, I didn't run into any issues with BG1UB, that's nice work :)

Qwinn

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: Chapter 7 issues
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 08:41:02 PM »
I remember you. Good tester.

I'll take a look at the situation you describe and see if it's something that can be rectified easily. If it's just a simple extra response as you describe then I may as well implement it. The other issues actually sound more pressing though. I was really quite sure I'd fixed the halfling dialogue, and I'll check the hobgoblin. Cheers.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
Re: Chapter 7 issues
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 05:09:49 PM »
I got the hobgoblin and the halfling problems worked out.
The Ch7 looks a bit bigger, so I haven't gotten around to it.

Can you send you diff if you need:
BGT/Tutu: Bunsen saying gibberish fix
BG/BGT/Tutu: HOBGO5 dialogue wasn't set

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: