Author Topic: Questions about Ascension's Sarevok content  (Read 8461 times)

Offline Thorass

• Planewalker
Questions about Ascension's Sarevok content
« on: March 02, 2008, 01:22:36 AM »
I am curious to know more about Sarevok's "fate" (as I'd put it) in the Ascension. The game is nearing it's end for me, I am clearing Watcher's Keep before going for the final showdown at Throne of Bhaal - suddenly, just after defeating this random monster group in Watcher's Keep, Sarevok began talking to me. First it was about how impressed Sarevok is of the PC's power, how I kill everyone who stands in my way and so forth, but then I changed the topic to that of remorse and nessecity of killing. Finally I got to ask if Sarevok feels any remorse for all the deaths he has caused (even if not directly) - those of Tamoko and his brother Yoshimo. Indeed, it for a while it seemed that I got to see Sarevok's hidden humane side, but then he ended the long conversation by saying; "You presume to know my past, and that you can yank me by some emotional chains - while I have none. This conversation is finished."

Anyways, what I'm asking is this - I assume this is part of possibility of changing Sarevok's alignment. If this is not part of Ascension's "Sarevok possible alignment change" then I am confused, since Sarevok has talked with the PC only once before this and the game is nearing it's end.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 04:25:10 AM by Thorass »

Amgot

Re: Questions about Ascension's Sarevok content
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 05:03:45 AM »
My guess is that you have UB installed. One of its components is:

Y. Sarevok's Remorse for Yoshimo and Tamoko, by Sovran and Winterine

David Gaider "would have liked to see Sarevok confronted with the idea that not only was he responsible for Tamoko's death (and delve more into that), but Yoshimo's as well". This component sheds some light on the link between Yoshimo, Tamoko, and Sarevok. In SoA, an extra dialogue between Yoshimo and Charname is added, as well as a small extension to Yoshimo's storyline. In ToB, a dialogue between Charname and Sarevok explores presviously unresolved issues such as Tamoko’s *real* cause of death, which can -- and probably will -- also affect the possibility of Sarevok's redemption. [This is also one facet of the upcoming Sarevok Relationship mod.] If you start a new game in ToB but wish to assume you say the SoA part soon, then using the CLUAConsole to SetGlobal("U!SIlmater","GLOBAL",1) is all that's needed. This component requires ToB.

Offline Thorass

• Planewalker
Re: Questions about Ascension's Sarevok content
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 01:32:53 AM »
Ok. So - what' up with the Ascension Sarevok content that hasn't fired? I actually got into new conversation with Sarevok yesterday, but is it normal for the content to start firing so late? Sarevok has been in the group for month and a half now, I have run out of things to do in Throne of Bhaal - only the final battle lies ahead - the content is firing like REALLY slowly.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 02:10:41 AM by Thorass »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: