Author Topic: EasyTutu: install order, mods and another thing  (Read 6203 times)

Zyxst w2ba

EasyTutu: install order, mods and another thing
« on: February 27, 2008, 10:32:46 AM »
What is the "proper" install order for EasyTutu with mods? For activating the cheat codes and CLUA console, when do I do that? I have a BG mod (Tiomara's EoU) but when do I install it? Why am I stuck with the original ammo stacks from BG?

What I have atm:
BG Original Saga
BG Baldurdash fixes
BG2 SoA+ToB
BG 2 Official patch
BG2 Baldurdash fixes
EasyTutu
BG EoU (not sure where this goes, but I installed it here)
BG2 mods (DBG, EoU, Kivan, Flirt Pack, Kelsey)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: EasyTutu: install order, mods and another thing
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 11:00:48 AM »
First and foremost, you ask these questions before the installation. If you've already installed everything, you're stuck with your install, and at best, our advice will help for the next installation.

Okay, from your order:

1) Don't install Baldurdash. Clean, patched BG installation and clean, patched BG2(SoA+ToB) installation.
2) Install EasyTutu.
3) Install mods for EasyTutu into EasyTutu directory, and mods for BG2 into BG2 directory.
4) DON'T install Ease of Use, or BG EoU. BG2 Tweaks at G3 will have all you need, including all the fixes from EoU.

For activating the cheats:

Debug Mode=1
under program options; in Baldur.ini in EasyTutu folder for EasyTutu; in BG2 folder for BG2.

You're stuck with the original ammo, because EasyTutu tries to be true to the original BG. Use BG2 Tweaks to restore BG2 ammo stacks.

Also, for EasyTutu mods, try
http://www.pocketplane.net/tutumods
http://gibberlings3.net/bg1npc
http://gibberlings3.net/coran

(If you want Kivan, you'll like Kivan in BG1 NPC by the same author, and Coran friendship by the same author).

Zyxst w2ba

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 11:16:27 AM »
So, another clean install (scandisk+defrag) is pointless? Does the G3 fix offer choices on what to install? Sorry but none of the Tutu mods appeal to me.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 11:22:04 AM »
You've installed already. It's not a perfect install, but it may well work; I bet it will, especially since you've got very few mods.

I advise you to proceed, and enjoy. It's a pity you'll be playing with silent NPCs in BG1, though, but that's just me.

Zyxst w2ba

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 11:29:53 AM »
You've installed already. It's not a perfect install, but it may well work; I bet it will, especially since you've got very few mods.

I advise you to proceed, and enjoy. It's a pity you'll be playing with silent NPCs in BG1, though, but that's just me.

It works fine, just you're first sentence telling me my install is screwed really put a downer on the whole thing.

The NPCs seem to talk just fine and give their selection/command vocals. Is there something more?

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 11:37:09 AM »
BG1 NPC adds banters, quests and interjections to the original BioWare cast. It also adds six romances, all optional.

If you're the kind of person that plays BG2 with an entirely self-created party just so you don't have to hear the chatter of NPCs, you probably won't get much out of BG1 NPC, but if you miss the intraparty interaction in BG1, you might love it.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 11:41:50 AM »
It works fine, just you're first sentence telling me my install is screwed really put a downer on the whole thing.

Yeah, I know how it is. But that's the thing: if you've installed already, and it works, so asking about the installation order was a little too late.

It seems like you're going with NPC-enhancing mods in BG2(Kivan, Kelsey, Flirt Pack), which is why I advise BG1 NPC.

Zyxst w2ba

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 12:07:53 PM »

Yeah, I know how it is. But that's the thing: if you've installed already, and it works, so asking about the installation order was a little too late.
I didn't feel the need to ask until now because I'd found an install order posted by Macready on Sorcerer's Place forums and since he's the person who's credited with EasyTutu, I thought he would know what he was talking about. I couldn't find any more info on installing other than that and I looked here, G3, Spellhold Studios, Sorcerer's Place and the EasyTutu homepage. I never realized once I installed mods that it was permanent, meaning I couldn't do a second, clean install or just uninstall. <- What you're implying.

I'd heard good things about EasyTutu and wanted to try it out.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 12:15:32 PM »
For your next run/istall, a good start for Tutu stuff (so far also compatible with Macready's Beta version of the next EasyTutu_ToB):

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=8122

You can always uninstall; and you can have multiple installs of EasyTutu (I have three running concurrently right now, along with a fixpacked BG2, an unfixpacked BG2, a Fixpack + BGT, and a vanilla BGT install).

BUT: for the most fun, my recommendation is grab what you like, and play a whole game through, then change some things/swap in soem new mods, and play again. Voila - several years of decidedly different romps through the same game, with all sorts of new content, and no need to upgrade your machine for Crysis :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 12:27:35 PM »
I didn't feel the need to ask until now because I'd found an install order posted by Macready on Sorcerer's Place forums and since he's the person who's credited with EasyTutu, I thought he would know what he was talking about. I couldn't find any more info on installing other than that and I looked here, G3, Spellhold Studios, Sorcerer's Place and the EasyTutu homepage. I never realized once I installed mods that it was permanent, meaning I couldn't do a second, clean install or just uninstall. <- What you're implying.

Oh, I'm sorry - of course, you can reinstall at any time. It's just it normally involves half an hour of re-installing both games, EasyTutu, mods, etc - so I imply it's a painful process.

By the way, to make your clean installs very painless and quick(just in case you need this) - check this topic.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: