Author Topic: Heart of Winter rocks  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Heart of Winter rocks
« on: February 25, 2008, 04:35:48 AM »
Fellow Diablo II fans will understand: I used to play D2, and when the expansion, Lord of Destruction, was out, I was head over heels with glee.

Now, with IWD: HoW, and joinable NPCs, it is even better. Not to mention high screen resolution, Alt key for highlighting, and so on - in other words, everythingthat LoD gave Diablo II, HoW gives to IWD.

Buy it. :)

Offline shiroryu

• Planewalker
Re: Heart of Winter rocks
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 05:14:53 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me to hear that you modded D2 in some way as well.  ;D

Yeah, big D2 fan myself, but never got around to LoD. I loved the gameplay - Necromancer was the ultimate uber-summoner. I was cackling as skeleton mages and warriors followed me around. But most of all, I loved the movies. Blizzard movies were simply the best - gorgeous graphics, great narration..

oh yes, IWD:HoW. Will check it out sometime.
"Kneel before the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt." - Mazrim Taim, Wheel of Time

"Right. I had to get up at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down at the mill and pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our mother and father would kill us and dance on our graves singing Halleluja. "

Offline Annatar

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 08:45:39 AM »
Great. Now I have to go and finish pimping out my Frost-Zealot who's been stewing ever since I started my last PS:T game.
Pindleskin runs, here I come.

What's the comparison between HoW and LoD, by the way? Just the fact that they're both expansions, or does HoW improve on the original game in actual gameplay? (as I think LoD did with the siege lines and the friendly Barbarian soldiers.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 08:47:40 AM by Annatar »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:59:23 AM »
It's got a dragon. Aaand the usual - a new city, an intriguing tale(woven with the original IWD events), new monsters and animations.

Offline Riviera

• Insanity and Randomness Incarnate
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 06:31:00 PM »
Oh yeah, I had a lot of fun with D2 back in the day. I'd drag friends in so we could have a good ole time blasting everything to smithereens (we'd be an army of sorceresses... ahhh good times).
NPC favorites:

Xan
Kivan
Solaufein
Tsujatha

Note that they are all elves <3

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: