Author Topic: FAQ  (Read 41861 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: FAQ
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 01:50:00 AM »
Is Holvir supposed to react to the party getting Pale Justice? I both CLUAed it in and got it from the corpse (after teleporting the party with the console since the quest in UB for IWD doesn't work very well) and he remained silent in both cases.

I wanted him to, at first, but then I decided to limit "banter if item" dialogues, because it's really, really easy to miss them(and it's incredibly easy to miss that sword).

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 02:19:25 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply. Cheers.

Tieflingz

Re: FAQ, more NPCs?
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 08:00:52 AM »
Salutations, and apologies if this have been inquired before

Will there be more joinable NPCs made other than the 5 this mod currently have?
Often I play an evil character and all of them are just too friendly and nice to my likings~ But then I have nothing to pick on when I wish to have companions to chat with while hacking and slashing through hordes of monsters.

If there will be more, and taking suggestions, please do inform!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »
Yes, for the time being, the mod is complete.

I agree, the five NPC are leaning toward the good side. The problem is, the game itself leans toward good side - unlike Baldur's Gate, there's nothing there for your average(and not so average) villain. :) So, that's how it is for the moment.

Offline Tieflingz

• Backstabber
  • Planewalker
  • Backstabber
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 11:58:28 AM »
I see~

But indeed, IWD I tends to be aligned with the good side in comparison to IWD II, which became more of a neutral alignment storyline. I guess which is why I liked IWD II better (Along with the 3E Tiefling/Aasimar races.... if only they can be applied to BG or IWD)

My gratitude for reviving the IWD series none-the-less, keep up the awesome works of IE~
All hail Lawful Evilness<br />Oh, and Hiding in Shadows/Invisible Potion Gulping with Backstabbing in the face.

Offline Ishad Nha

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2011, 08:58:48 PM »
In Icewind Dale 2 you can change NPCs in the middle of a game. I don't know if this is possible for IWD 1. Looking through the IWD1 game manual suggests that it is.
Go into Character Arbitration, Delete the existing member. Then Import the Character file.
Return to the game, the NPC dialog and quests should work properly.
If the new NPC has a much lower level than the other party members, you can use the console to bring them up to the level of the others. IESDP notes tell you how to do this.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:12:10 PM by Ishad Nha »

Nugrud2

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2014, 11:39:17 AM »
To see the banter with Player1, your protagonist will have to remain in the first slot.

The first slot as in the "party formation window": screen

or the bar to the right on main screen, where I can move my protagonist behind Holvin and Korin cause he's a weak mage?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2014, 03:33:34 PM »
Hi! If I remember correctly, the first slot means the bar on the right on the main screen. The game shouldn't care which party formation you use (for example, you can use the star formation where the person in the first slot on the right bar is in the middle of the formation and is protected by other party members).

Offline Nugrud

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2014, 12:49:59 PM »
Unfortunately IwD's star formation puts the last member in the middle, not the first one. If it must be the first slot then let it be. Anyway thanks for the mod, I would never return to this game if I did not know it exists!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2014, 01:15:36 PM »
And welcome to PPG! :)

Offline Nugrud

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2014, 12:10:00 PM »
It is a bit of a problem after entering new area straight into a battle. may I just for that moment of fight move my protagonist to the rear and return him to first slot afterwards?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2014, 12:26:57 PM »
You're going to be fine either way, yes. One downside: your companions will initiate their conversations with the first slot. So if you have Holvir in the first slot, and then Nella suddenly starts a love confession, be aware she's talking to you. :) (Not sure if Holvir can initiate a conversation with Holvir, but stranger things have happened).

Offline Creepin

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2014, 01:18:47 PM »
Does romances rely on quest order? I'd like to go to HoW before Lower Dorn's Deep, and further to TotLM after Lonelywood, but I'm worrying if it might break or skip something within romances ::)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2014, 02:37:10 PM »
You won't break anything, no, it's absolutely fine whenever you decide. I usually advise your quest order or close to it, because HoW and TotLM both assume that some degree of flirting has already happened, but they are not a committed pair yet; there's been no confession.  You're going to get two extra player-initiated lovetalks in HoW and one for ToTLM, by the way.

Offline Creepin

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2014, 02:45:14 PM »
Kulyok, thanks for your fast answer! I was just circling 'round Hjollder's hut waiting for it :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2014, 03:29:34 AM »
Updated the FAQ.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 01:58:04 AM »
I have updated the FAQ with the notion that I recommend playing Heart of Winter after Chapter 3,4 or 5, since it's meant to be a part of the main campaign(it's not meant to start after the end of the main game, that is). I've also updated the mod's site with this suggestion.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: