Author Topic: A few bugs...and spoiler request!  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Silverstar

• Planewalker
A few bugs...and spoiler request!
« on: January 30, 2008, 09:19:40 AM »
Hey there. I really enjoyed the modifications this wonderful mod makes into good old BG1 so far. It gives a very different and unique experience, something I never thought possible with vanilla BG1. The hard battles, and the meager resources I was forced to use...wow, the game was so much fun (I like pain, chunky deaths and reloads!) despite technical and aesthetic problems of BG1.

I have quite a few mods, Slime Quest, UB, EoU, some item mods and this one as well.

Well, now...rest of the post contains spoilers so beware! You have been warned!

I have some problems in my game, but I am not sure if they are %100 FoD related since there is no document to say which battles or areas the FoD mod modifies. (which, IMHO, you must add...a general list of all the changes and new encounters would be welcome.)

I visited the area east of the Beard, and fought my way through a throng of skeletons. Fun, and I did not even have fire wands or fireball spells memorised, though Viccy sure helped with her turning. I found a cave entrance and entered in, anticipating much tougher fights!

And I found...after couple of loads and different spell tactics, I beat the duergars. I reached to the end of the cavern, which was sealed by rocks. I clicked on the question mark icon to examine it and it said:

'Drow Chain+2.' That's it. I knew I have encuontered a bug. I could not find another way out of the cave so I had to CLUAConsole outside. Sigh. What was supposed to happen normally?

Anyway, aside from that, I did BG quests, and Grand Duke gave me the tome to return Candlekeep. On the way to home, however, a thief stole it and I think and hope that this is also a FoD quest? Anyway, I chased him and finally killed the nasty bugger in Nashkel. (VERY tough fight, Jaheira was killed by poison arrows, BTW!)

Then I identified the document in his possesion. It vaguely said about meeting somewhere outside of the carnival north of the hills? I immediately thought about Nashkel Carnival and went there...but I searched the entire map (which was immensely painful and boring considering the walking speed of BG1) but found no one. So I visited the neighbouring maps as well, but found nothing.

Then I had Viccy cast Detect Evil in each map as well, she only detected the usual random monsters...

I used Sword Keeper and found Zenan's file. It was named jc_thf01. So, I CLUAConsoled a jc_thf02! And it turned out to be a mysterious man...I think this was whom I was supposed to find. After I know his name through the trick in the document, we battle...and my journal says something about mines and Zenan's first words...

I am throughly confused and lost and can not continue my game. First, where am I supposed to meet the mysterious man? I do not want to use CLUAConsole to finish this quest but without it I can not continue my game. And then, where are the mines the mysterious guy talks about? Nashkel Mines, Cloakwood Mines OR the new Duergar-infested cave in the new area? Ooh I do not want to travel and explore each map again and again, please point me in one direction, anyone?

If all fails I can CLUAConsole the tome and return home, but I do not know the code for the tome, or which tome was needed...Hmm...

Can someone offer help or advice for my troubles? The sealed-off cave bug and what to do next? Or else I am utterly and terribly stuck!  :'(
Thank you all in advance.

Offline Silverstar

• Planewalker
Re: A few bugs...and spoiler request!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 07:46:51 PM »
Well I just recently uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it, and upon reloading a save game and re-entering Nashkel Carnivale, my mysterious guy was right where he was supposed to be. I'll be able to continue playing, it seems. Yay! Thanks for designing such a wonderful mod again!

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 02:31:18 PM »
The new area with the skeletons and the caves with the duergar are added by FotD. There are no quests related to them at the moment. There is only one way in and out of the caves. Did you try to leave them the same place you entered them?

Everything else you mentioned must be from one of the other mods. FotD does not alter the main plot.

-Echon

Offline Silverstar

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 03:52:11 PM »
OK I see. I thought the new encounter with the thieving villain was from FoTD too. As for the cave of duergars, why yes, it seems I have missed the exit (or entrance) with my mouse pointer. Still, mildly curious about the 'Drow Chain+2' bug upon clicking the end of tunnel.

Thank you very much for your time and sorry for any inconvenience.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: