Author Topic: Permissions  (Read 3520 times)

Offline SentinelBlade77

• Planewalker
Permissions
« on: January 31, 2009, 01:54:24 PM »
This is going to be redundant, but it's a formality I need to take, so just humor me and give a nod or not wherever I post it.

I'm writing a ridiculously large Baldur's Gate fanfiction. I was very impressed with this mod, and wished to include some of the work in my story.

Due credit will be given where due, and I can go into more depth of what I'll be doing if you wish.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Permissions
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 05:06:24 PM »
Sure, I'd love to hear more about it. And yes, it would be nice if you credited the mod and referred your readers there if you're going to be using scenarios and/or dialogue from us.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline SentinelBlade77

• Planewalker
Re: Permissions
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 03:45:22 AM »
I knew going into it that I was going to love Xan, and Kivan, but I always look at it as particularly special when I'm expecting a mod to be mediocre, and it ends up blowing me away. (The most extreme example of this was Angelo, I admit I expected that one to suck).

Well, with this particular mod, I didn't think it would be terrible, but Nalia had always been a kind of background character to me. Not particularly bland, but known in the back of my mind for being the NPC who looks like Drew Barrymore more than any other trait. This mod, however, really helped me see her in a new light, which is why she will be featuring a little more prominantly in my story than I had initially thought.

I'm not going to have the romance played out in full, but a great deal of it will be. The character will let her down gently and it will turn into more of a close friendship, where I would subtly alter the details so it's not hinting at romance anymore. I might go into a sort of sibling-type relationship, working with mindsets from her being raised as only child. You've done too good of a job for me not to want to include your stuff.

I'll be putting my own details in too, just using your work as a skeleton structure for this particular aspect. But of course I'll direct them to you.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: