Author Topic: Ranger kits  (Read 5913 times)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Ranger kits
« on: December 24, 2007, 02:48:52 PM »
Apparently while I was sleeping, the two ranger kits from UB were included with Divine Remix.  DR has checks to make sure the kit isn't installed twice, but does UB?  Should the kits be moved exclusively to DR?
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Re: Ranger kits
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 02:56:17 AM »
I think the kits should be removed from the next version of UB. Better let DR have them instead.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 08:25:00 AM »
I don't really see why. They're unfinished business, so probably do belong in Unfinished Business.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 08:34:53 AM »
I had this bizarre experience today: I was installing D0Tweaks after BG2 Fixpack, and looking up each component in the Readme as I did so. "Holy symbol fixes? Additional alignment fixes? Meh, everyone knows that optional components of the Fixpack suck. No way." Mods, mods, more mods... finally, D0Tweak: "All right... wait, wait, this Holy symbol fixes component is supercool! I want to install it! Wha-why isn't it here? Where is it? In the Fixpack? ... Oh."

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 09:33:15 AM »
Yeh, I guess the solution is to put every component in every mod. On which note, and in the spirit of the whole "let's mend UB!" thing, I just made a Quest Pack fix! Wow.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 11:07:07 PM »
I don't really see why. They're unfinished business, so probably do belong in Unfinished Business.

The reason for me is that the restored kits here, seem to belong to other Mods more than UB. DR is the perfect place for two kits that I would think were never meant to be included in the final version of the game. The Feralan and The Justifier are already two components of DR that currently detects UB and skip them in case UB have them already installed.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: