Author Topic: Combined installer for BG1UB  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
Combined installer for BG1UB
« on: December 15, 2007, 10:14:11 PM »
I'd like to convert BG1UB to a combined BG/BGT/Tutu installer. Any co-authors object?

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
Re: Combined installer for BG1UB
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 10:43:07 PM »
I'm not sure I'd like the mingling of BGT and Tutu bug reports with the version we worked on, but it's not like I've done anything other than neglect the whole project anyway. :)

Sim will have to give his opinion before I can give any meaningful response.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 09:09:58 AM »
Well, yes, obviously merge BGT and Tutu--they're going to be predominantly identical anyway. But do we gain much from a merger with vanilla BG1 aside from increased complexity?

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 12:22:11 PM »
User convenience to have a one stop shop for BG1UB for any BG variant (maybe jc will know, but it doesn't seem like the vanilla BG1UB is exactly flying off the shelf; everybody wants Tutu or BGT).

On the flip side, I don't necessarily want to support BGT/Tutu versions; trying to weed through the TP2 and other files looking for what's original and what's not could suffer from the increased complexity, and trying to keep like posts separated here might be hard (but again, nobody comes here but to talk about A64's versions).

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 06:22:15 PM »
Yeah, its a convenience thing. Plus, if you decide to make a new version of BG1UB, one wouldn't have to make the changes twice or thrice. Without proper diff-ing, that would be a pain to go through all the code from A to Z and work out what exactly changed.

If we want the BG1 version to remain separate, that's fine with me, except I ask that changes are well kept track of.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: