Author Topic: CTDs entering Copper Coronet Sewers (BG2)  (Read 5988 times)

Offline +3 Pen

• Planewalker
CTDs entering Copper Coronet Sewers (BG2)
« on: November 27, 2007, 09:02:39 PM »
The CTDs occur at the conclusion of area loading, which is probably important. This is my mod loading order:

RTT Item Pack
G3 BG2 Fixpack
COM Food and Herbal mod
Bag Bonus
Ruad?
Boards-O-Magick Item Pack
The Magnificent Magic Store?
Item Upgrade
Banter Packs
Underrepresented items
Improved Horns of Valhalla
Munchmod
COM Encounters
Ascension
Turnabout
G3 Anniversary Mod
Unfinished Business
The Longer Road
Tower of Deception
Dungeon Crawl
Quest Pack 2.3
iiItem
Herbs-Addon
Selune's Armoury
Kelsey
Rupert the Dye Merchant
Romantic Encounters
Flirt Packs
Ashes of Embers
Divine Remix
G3 BG2 Tweakpack

My party consists of my cleric, Minsc, Korgan, Jaheira, Jan, and Kelsey. I'm fully patched, and it was the first thing I did after the game installation.

It's very early in the game, so I don't know if any other areas are affected. Thus far, I've only hit the slums and government district, as well as a few stores. Once, inside the Copper Coronet, Jaheira started on some of her early-game musings, and matters froze. No problems when I reloaded and she mused outside the CC, however.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I'm willing to do a complete uninstall/reinstall and keep my saved game, if that what's required--even start a new one, but only if I can get this straightened out. In advance, thanks.

Offline AnnabelleRose

• The chain smoking modder-wannabe
  • Planewalker
  • Not Dead
Re: CTDs entering Copper Coronet Sewers (BG2)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 12:44:59 AM »
Looking over your modlist, I am not seeing any incompatabilities.

I am going to assume you used the official patch as well.

WOuld it be possible for you to post your WeiDU log, so we can see what order you installed your mods?

I will say that if this is your install order, I would suggest doing it a little diffrent.

Bioware Official Patch.
G3 BG2 Fixpack. - If you did, I would not suggest installing the beta fixes this time.
RTT Item Pack
COM Food and Herbal mod
Bag Bonus
Ruad?
Boards-O-Magick Item Pack
The Magnificent Magic Store?
Item Upgrade
Underrepresented items
Improved Horns of Valhalla
Munchmod
COM Encounters
Ascension
Turnabout
G3 Anniversary Mod
Unfinished Business
Tower of Deception
Dungeon Crawl
Quest Pack 2.3
iiItem
Herbs-Addon
Selune's Armoury
Rupert the Dye Merchant 
Flirt Packs
Ashes of Embers (1)
Divine Remix
Kelsey
Romantic Encounters
Flirt Packs
Banter Packs
The Longer Road (2)
G3 BG2 Tweakpack

1 - R.E. Ashes of Embers: If you are using the remove weapon restrictions from mods, you might want to do it after Kelsey (I rarely use this, so I do not know if you can change Kelsey's proficiencies).
2 - I think I remember some issues with The Longer Road/Turnabout, but since the moderator for that mod likes to delete any post jcompton makes on her boards I cannot find any refrences. I'll let one of the more knowledgeable answer if there are any compatability issues (I would not suggest asking the author either, as saying jcompton seems to case problems on her boards).

Baswically my normal order is:
Official patch
Un-official bug fix pack.
Quest(s), store(s), and item mod(s).
NPC(s).
NPC Tweaks/Enhancements.
Tweaks.

I will warn you that almost anytime you have to play the reinstal game, it is almost always nessicary to start a new game. You can wind up with wierd character names, messed up dialogues, item descriptions, etc...

I hope I have been helpful.

Good luck with your game.
"A good pipe and tobacco will make you a patient philosopher or a philistine depending on how you are bent." - Ted's Pipe Shop

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 01:12:47 AM »
Anything that affects the Copper Coronet sewers. The problem lies - shuld lie - in AR0404.bcs. I would take a 'clean' AR0404.bcs either from your clean backup or from any mod's backup directory(just check all mod directories), and put it into override, replacing the corrupt one.

Or try uninstalling CoM encounters.

Offline AnnabelleRose

• The chain smoking modder-wannabe
  • Planewalker
  • Not Dead
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 01:24:35 AM »
I thought the issues with CoM Encounters had been fixed.

I've never had any problems with it.

Anyway, I'd trust Kulyok, she knows the IE far better then me.
"A good pipe and tobacco will make you a patient philosopher or a philistine depending on how you are bent." - Ted's Pipe Shop

Offline +3 Pen

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 10:01:47 AM »
MajorTomSawyer, the order I listed those mods in was the installation order.  As a sometime-Morrowind player with 200+ mods going at any given time, I'm used to tracking installation and order. ;)  You never know what can come back and bite you in the ass at some future point.  That noted...

AR0404.bcs was only in /override.  I uninstalled COM Encounters, leaving no apparent AR0404.bcs.  But I was then able to enter the area; so I suppose AR0404.bcs was generated from another file on-the-fly.  In any case, it worked.  Kulyok, many thanks!

Damn shame about COM Encounters.  It sounded good.  I'm looking to make this run-through more of a "flavor" one than was previously the case, adding a lot of detail--shops, items, new quests--rather than ramping up encounter difficulties.  Ah, well.  I'm running again, and that's all to the good. :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 11:35:55 AM by +3 Pen »

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 03:54:38 PM »
If you're willing, try putting CoM Encounters before g3Fixpack, just like you have RTT Item Pack. The "uninstall CoM Encounters" chorus may pipe in to not do this, but this is your game and you can do whatever you want with it.
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline +3 Pen

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 06:53:09 AM »
If you're willing, try putting CoM Encounters before g3Fixpack, just like you have RTT Item Pack. The "uninstall CoM Encounters" chorus may pipe in to not do this, but this is your game and you can do whatever you want with it.

Too late.  Choice made, as indicated above.  And I would have had to uninstall 31 of 32 mods in order to do it: just not worth it, especially as I've alreadly got my party assembled and played through Korgan's quest.  Thanks for the advice, though.

Just in passing--one of those shop mods consists of some very nicely balanced stuff that appears to have been written by somebody for whom English was, at best, a third language.  I'm not mocking them.  I'm quite serious.  The spelling, grammar, and thought processes are so muddled that I can't even make out what the descriptions mean in a few instances.

Offline CoM_Solaufein

• CoM Founder
  • Planewalker
  • War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength
    • Chosen of Mystra
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 07:09:01 AM »
Must be some mod conflicts going on. I always have Encounters installed and never had any issues with the sewers.

Offline +3 Pen

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 12:02:08 PM »
Must be some mod conflicts going on. I always have Encounters installed and never had any issues with the sewers.

Mind, I'm not ruling out some sort of unforeseen triple whammy--COM Encounters + X + Y causing problems.  It's difficult enough checking out one mod against others.  It's much, much harder considering the ramifications of multiple mod interactions.  Perhaps the problem could have been cured by removing something else.  But in any case, uninstalling COM Encounters did the trick.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 12:50:19 PM »
Not for nothing, but have you considered the possibility that it might have been a bum download? Shaitan, I think, was having trouble with Nina, with crashing upon entering the CC from the street, and it turned out to be a corrupted download. A fresh DL solved the problem.

Offline +3 Pen

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 11:13:54 PM »
Not for nothing, but have you considered the possibility that it might have been a bum download? Shaitan, I think, was having trouble with Nina, with crashing upon entering the CC from the street, and it turned out to be a corrupted download. A fresh DL solved the problem.

If the download was corrupted, though, the archive itself should have failed to open, since the archive would have been corrupted, too.  The archive was intact.  I even downloaded it a second time.  Same file size and dates both for archive and contents.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: