Author Topic: Xan's friendship path for BG1 is here!  (Read 54233 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Xan's friendship path for BG1 is here!
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 01:19:16 AM »
I don't have anything to do with DSotSC, no. If they screwed up, they didn't just screw up Xan's talk - they screwed BG1 NPC, Finch, etc. It's their problem.

EDIT: I did post a notice at DSotSC forum, though. Hopefully it'll be fixed... eventually.

Offline Lemernis

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 04:34:54 AM »
I hope that comment was taken in the light-hearted, gentle chop-busting spirit that it was meant with the  ;) attached.  I guess an emote can't always do justice to tone of voice one intends.  Spoken, tone would be friendly and kidding.  :)

Anyhoo, I'd be very surprised if there is a fix for something like this with a game already underway.  Just reporting the bug 'sall. 

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2008, 12:36:38 PM »
Xan Friendship v5 is available, with German translation. Many thanks to the translator, Steffen.

If you speak German, please, spread the word on German forums.

English and Russian users need not update.

Offline Leomar

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2008, 09:24:48 PM »
Thanks Kulyok.  :)

Have someone problems with the German version, please post your comments in our German Forum (click me).

Greetings Leomar

Offline Rydeen

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 10:25:20 AM »
When I download this Kaspersky tells me it contains a trojan! Please fix this.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 10:34:04 AM »
Welcome to PPG, and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.

We check our mods with various antivirus software; so far we've been fine - I hope. You can install Xan's friendship and other mods. Please, check this post. I'll certainly do another re-check on my side, but, like I said, usually it's a false positive.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 10:21:38 AM »
Okay, problem solved. Weidu 208 was giving false alarms. We switched to Weidu 210, and the warnings have gone. Re-download the mod again, if you were concerned the first time.

Offline Yovaneth

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2009, 06:16:52 PM »
Kulyok - I can't find a speciific bug-report thread and I haven't turned up an answer to this particular problem, so I'm hoping you can help. I started with v4 and updated to v5 just in case it was fixed. Now, the problem....

On beating seven bells out of Marek in the Blushing Mermaid, some locals got caught in the crossfire and turned red (maybe a result of having SCS installed?). I slept and they turned blue again. On leaving the BM Xan starts

'<CHARNAME>, you have started down the dangerous path <etc>'

It doesn't matter which answer I give, the interjection is in an infinite loop and triggers approx. every two-three seconds. I tried kicking Xan out and reclaiming him, but the moment I did so he started again. Any ideas? I tried following the .dlg file myself to see if I could spot a possible problem but I failed miserably.

-Y-

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2009, 11:21:06 AM »
Dangerous path dialogue is from BG1 NPC mod, x#xanlt.d - if your rep drops. It should trigger ONLY if Xan is in party, naturally. It looks like this in v17:

IF WEIGHT #-2 ~%BGT_VAR% Global("X#XanLowRep","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN X#XanLowRep
SAY @784
++ @785 DO ~SetGlobal("X#XanLowRep","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("X#XALowRepTalkTime","GLOBAL",7200)~ + XALREP1
++ @786 DO ~SetGlobal("X#XanLowRep","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("X#XALowRepTalkTime","GLOBAL",7200)~ + XALREP2
++ @787 DO ~SetGlobal("X#XanLowRep","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("X#XALowRepTalkTime","GLOBAL",7200)~ + XALREP3
++ @788 DO ~SetGlobal("X#XanLowRep","GLOBAL",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("X#XALowRepTalkTime","GLOBAL",7200)~ + XALREP4
END

- you see that it should be closing itself. So, either your installation is screwed, or there's some problem with dialog.tlk - you don't have Virtue installed?

It's definitely not Xan Friendship, in other words, but it's still a problem. I recommend you to post a new topic in BG1 NPC about this, with your Weidu.log(which Bg1 npc version are you using?). Uninstall Xan Romance from BG1 NPC if you have to.

Offline Yovaneth

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2009, 05:13:27 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to check that. I hadn't realised my rep had taken such a dive from a fight that I didn't even start! The version of BG1NPC 'should be the latest' but it has to be worth a re-check. I don't have Virtue installed - now I come to look at my Weidu log, I'm surprised at how little I do have listed for BGTuTu (UB, Tweaks, BG1NPC, SCS, Xan, Indira, Grey Clan). In the past I had always avoided taking Xan perceiving him as a weak choice but this time through I have really enjoyed having him, thanks both to you and the BG1NPC team.

-Y-

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 07:42:17 AM »
Small typo in O#XanBG1.tra:

@268  = ~At last, the Creator Races were destroyed in a great cataclysm. It is said - somewhat poetically, perhaps, that the very being of Faerun cried out, and from that grief were born those known as the Younger Gods. Corellon Latherian was among them.~
Larethian.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2009, 07:57:05 AM »
Thank you!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2009, 01:32:16 AM »
Version 6, with updated German translation, is out. Again, English and Russian users need not update.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2009, 12:24:14 AM »
One more thing: now v6 also features a French tranlation, courtesy of Eleima and Graoumf's workshop. Thank you very much, ladies and gents!

French users are welcome to download. Other users are very welcome too, but non-French(and non-German) users need not update.

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2009, 02:47:33 PM »
Hello Kulyok,

I downloaded the zip file for Windows and there's no french translation. The ReadMe (in the zip file) talks only about the german translation. Have I missed something?

Offline Eleima

• Planewalker
  • Be warned! Stickler for spelling & continuity =*)
    • My Fanfiction.net
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2009, 02:52:08 PM »
I just checked it again, as well, and ditto. :(  I don't have a French install option, and no French folder neither.
Check out my DeviantArt account<br />as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net[/font]

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2009, 02:49:37 AM »
Sorry; that's because I uploaded the exe file, and forgot to .zip it with the Readme, as always. Now you can download it from the Tutu Enhancement page as normal, thanks for the tip!

Offline hook71

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2012, 06:23:10 PM »
Looked through O#XanBG1.tra and noticed some things:

@145  = ~I might be wrong, but it seems that everything we do is - every our step is directed towards achieving immortality. One way or the other.~

do is - every our step -> do - our every step

@200  = ~(sigh) Whatever possessed me to bring it with you?~

bring it with -> bring it up with

@235  = ~(sigh) I wish I could escape being Mulahey's prisoner, but then we might have never travelled together.~

could escape -> could have escaped

@266  = ~Then, the time of giants came. Aggressive and prone to intestine strife as they were, they doomed themselves to a slow fall into chaos and savagery, as have their descendants: ogres, ettins and others.~

intestine -> incessant or internal

@268  = ~At last, the Creator Races were destroyed in a great cataclysm. It is said - somewhat poetically, perhaps, that the very being of Faerun cried out, and from that grief were born those known as the Younger Gods. Corellon Latherian was among them.~

Latherian -> Larethian
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:14:46 PM by hook71 »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 04:28:18 AM »
Thank you, I'll make sure to check these for the next update!

Offline Dakk

• Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2012, 08:11:22 PM »
Small typo in O#XanBG1.tra:
Larethian.

Looked through O#XanBG1.tra and noticed some things:
Latherian -> Larethian
That sneaky Corellon!

Also, your Xan-ism has rubbed off on me - so I'm giving this a go for my next playthrough (not sure how/why I didn't install it before)!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2012, 11:50:53 PM »
:) Thank you, and I hope you enjoy it in your playthrough.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Xan's friendship path for BG:EE is here!
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2013, 12:11:57 AM »
Version 7 [BETA] for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is now available, thanks to Kaeloree's hard work. It works fine on my English install, but I'd appreciate an extra report or two from French, German or Russian players.

I incorporated most(if not all) suggestions from this thread into v7, too.

It is available from the mod's download page.

(All new content for v7 has been incorporated into v8 for BGT/BG/Tutu users, as well.)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »
Version 8 adds an Italian translation for all users. Huge thanks to our hard-working translator, totuccio5, and an equally tireless proofreader, Aedan!

Non-Italian users do not need to update or to reinstall, although the new Tutu/BGT/BG1 version incorporates some typo revisions(BG:EE version had them in v7).

The mod is available, as always, at http://www.pocketplane.net/tutumods

Offline Eva Galana

• Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2013, 06:16:44 PM »
Does friendship pick up if you kill the romance? Or will he just sulk rest of game while you are with your other love?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2013, 12:26:53 AM »
It picks up, but only if you killed the romance early enough. If you let it to get all the way to 2 - romance committed, and THEN dumped Xan - sorry, tough luck.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: