Author Topic: Minor Weidu.log bug with questpack 2.3  (Read 3305 times)

Offline R@d@g@st

• Planewalker
Minor Weidu.log bug with questpack 2.3
« on: July 31, 2007, 04:09:43 PM »
No matter the installation order i use the following happens when i install the whole package of the questpack.

2 of the components are bugged and those are particularly the
a: Miscellaneous Enhancements
b: Additional Shadow Thieves Content

The bug is that although they seem to install properly (and i think they do though not sure), the weidu.log isnt updated correctly and instead says that these 2 components were installed instead :
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only

I never install those 2 specific components anyway cause I use BP AI on my install but still this is what always happens.
    The outcome of this, is that every single time i reinstall/uninstall mods the components Miscellaneous Enhancements +Additional Shadow Thieves Content are considered as NOT INSTALLED no matter how many times i install them, the weidu simply thinks i just installed the creature improvements. /sigh
PS : I might as well imagine that if i instead installed the other 2creature components they might have as well appeared on the weidu log as the miscellaneous and shadow thief components though i didnt test it.

Any help would be appreciated cause having a fake weidu.log is kinda messy :S

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
Re: Minor Weidu.log bug with questpack 2.3
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 05:53:45 PM »
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline R@d@g@st

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 07:58:33 AM »
Ty for the fast reply m8

so i Just comment the Designated line in the tp2 file right? and that fixes the miscellaneous component bug. But still there is the bug with the other component the shadow thieves content which cant seem to be able to be fixed in same way. :S Perhaps some other mistake in the tp2 file which is not so obvious?

Offline R@d@g@st

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 06:11:47 PM »
Solution: Minor text edit is needed -- http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,22516.msg292243.html#msg292243

Dont forget i have everything installed except the
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only

Anyway i tried it this was the outcome in my weidu file (still errors so more editing in tp2 needed) :

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Miscellaneous Enhancements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Additional Shadow Thieves Content
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Extended Reynald Sequence
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue Enhancement Only
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // The Tragedy Of Besamen
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Further Slaver Involvement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Nazariel The Lich
///The following 2 components are a bug in weidu installation cause I never installed them I think they are 2 other components but they are misnamed.///

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 09:37:57 PM »
To be honest I'm not really sure what the problem is that you're now relating. Although it's possible you've discovered a bug, it's unlikely considering the number of years the mod has been in the wild. Still, stranger things have happened.

From what I remember of the original issue, it was only the weidu.log that was screwed up -- the correct components were installed (or not - but correctly).

Try this: make a clean, fresh BG2 installation. If you have the space, make it in a separate folder from your existing one. Now install just the qPack - with the corrected TP2, of course. What results do you get?
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline R@d@g@st

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 12:18:53 PM »
To be honest I'm not really sure what the problem is that you're now relating. Although it's possible you've discovered a bug, it's unlikely considering the number of years the mod has been in the wild. Still, stranger things have happened.

From what I remember of the original issue, it was only the weidu.log that was screwed up -- the correct components were installed (or not - but correctly).

Try this: make a clean, fresh BG2 installation. If you have the space, make it in a separate folder from your existing one. Now install just the qPack - with the corrected TP2, of course. What results do you get?

Well meh, u r right on a bg2 fresh install no problem at all everything seems fine... the bug as it seems only appears on big installs :S
But ye i know its just a weidu.log screw up cause everything seems to work fine anywayz so its not very important i guess.
Thnx anyway Azazello.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: