Author Topic: A One-Night Stand with Saemon Havarian (Romantic Encounters)  (Read 153527 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: A One-Night Stand with Saemon Havarian (Romantic Encounters)
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2007, 10:35:46 AM »
Absolutely, yes. I was meaning to add some females as an example, but I just couldn't come up with a name.

Sime, Weathermistress Ada, Garren's daughter, Guildmistress Busya... yes, quite a list. Basically, all those NPCs somebondy wanted to be joinable at some point.

A few extra scenery dialogues with Athkatlan prostitutes, directed at PC, are great, too.

I tend to think that Ellesime and Sendai are not impossible, either, though perhaps Phaere's mother would make more sense.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: A One-Night Stand with Saemon Havarian
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 12:58:07 PM »
Is this going to be a "no edit my work or I kill you" parade?
If you don't edit my work I'll kill you. Better? 8)

I will happily provide what I have got, but I wrote it in Feb 2004... I can imagine there are people out there who would like to have something more adult, so to say. I wouldn't mind someone coming up with a Hendak encounter that's more erotic than what I did; I am ready to consider changes to my work as well (especially before everyone goes like ..yawn).
I will send it to you as soon as it's translated, Kulyok, and will be thankful for any corrections and feedback.

Pity I don't have time to turn this into a full-fledged mod..
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 12:59:45 PM by jastey »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2007, 01:09:28 PM »
Glad to hear it. :)

I actually like less erotic stuff - simply because with it, my imagination runs wild about whatever happens when the screen goes dark; with a fully depicted erotic scene, I feel as if I am railroading.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 02:34:41 PM »
I know what I'll be submitting. It won't be Saemon Havarian...

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 02:44:58 PM »
(I can't believe I'm doing this, but if Jastey can muster up the courage, then by Sune I can, too :) )

Gotta look up the .cre reference, but one of the Lady Bardesses in Amn just got upgraded to Interactive (With Perks). I will not use the one Keto uses, so I will have to go searching; isn't there one available untouched by a mod somewhere?
Mirror content (inverse or retrograde variations on a theme) will go to Renal (because I think I'd better explore the theme from the side I know before I go tangling with the female psyche and attempting . Kulyok, you are not allowed to touch/preview the Renal version (I will steal berelide or Jastey or someone to recheck things ) so as to give you one runthrough without spoilage, after that, he is yours to toy with/rebuild/expand on as you please - I cede you full rights.

I caution that I have friends with alternate lifestyles, and I know that I cannot write from their perspective, so if I do this it may very well fall into the trap of " cliche' " - one Male PC fling with a female character, one Female PC fling with Renal. I will not include Gender, Race, or Alignment reastrictions (though Alignment or Class may determine some responses and pathways). Text Adventure Alone (gotta think of some ways of doing cutscenes without doing cutscenes - that should be fun!).

@Kulyok - Harlequin Romances are "Bodice-Rippers" - romantic stories written (usually by females like my friend, but sometimes male, generally for a female audience.) They have not particulary strong plots, and the action is (at most) the level of the scenes in BG1 NPC Project romances, and they definitely are not aimed directly at depiction of specific acts. Their attraction (my friend says - I actually have only read her work once, and it was for a teen version, so it was misty-eyed teens kissing and getting all hot and bothered, and then he had to leave for the summer, so the Romance was Over) seems to be imagination sparking. "Her soft lips met his, and the world stood trembling on the brink of something wonderful, something new" type stuff. Torn jeans, heaving chests, breathless anticipation, y'know, fantasy. One theme she worked with was the Pirate and the Maiden, set in all sorts of timeperiods.

And I may not be a real writer, but if I am going to let my hair down and walk on the wild side, I am not interested in writing a joke mod at all. If people laugh, my hope is that it is because my writing is not up to snuff, or is hopelessly cliche', not because I am trying to be funny.

I give full editorial control over the Bardess in question (anyone got an idea?) to you from the outset, because I will always have my internal version. That one will never leave the encrypted portion of my harddrive  ;)

Synopsis

Code: [Select]
/* Five Evenings in the Key of Lust */
/* A Dialogue-Only Romantic Interlude Mini Mod. Warning, Adult Content. */
/* Male Fling, Bardess - Female Fling, Renal */
/* author: cmorgan - but don't blame this on any forum - Kulyok made me do it. */

/* Introduction: Prelude and Cappricio */
Interesting. But I have seen this before. Still, interesting.

/* Exposition: Fair Phyllis (madrigal) */
ahh, you say no, but your eyes say... perhaps.

/* Development: Ravel: Bolero */
daggers dance, and wits engage, will you, or won't you?

/* Climax: Beethoven: Symphony IX */
swordplay of a different sort, and spellweaving that leaves no rest

/* Recapitulation: Debussy: Afternoon of a Faun */
who let the party in?

/* Coda: Stravinski: Firebird */
destiny is not kind, and the Firebird has a different path...

Goals: PC interaction with an adult twist; low maintainance code (all through dialogue and text imagery); timeline for alpha - one week.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2007, 03:09:25 PM »
Okay, this sounds really great.

I'll add you, berelinde and jastey to the list, then. :)

Offline RavenBlack

• Planewalker
    • MySpace
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2007, 06:16:29 PM »
Thumbs up from me :) I'd volunteer to help, but I'd probably be so mortified by the results that I'd delete it right away...instead, may I volunteer to proofread? ;)

Anyways, why not Bodhi? Even the PC from those horrid BG novelizations had a fling with her...

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2007, 06:19:49 PM »
I guess it's fair game, but I can't imagine what an immortal vampire would gain from mere sex.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2007, 06:57:55 PM »
Wouldn't you get level-drained an awful lot?

Offline Evaine Dian

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2007, 07:11:05 PM »
"A wild night with Saemon" by Evaine Dian

I doubt that I can come up with something reasonable, but when/if I feel daring, I might give it a try. I don't know if Saemon really is my first choice, however, there are many other characters in BG2 my <Charname> had always wanted to have a "wild night" with.

I guess it's fair game, but I can't imagine what an immortal vampire would gain from mere sex.

Hm, I don't know what she would gain from it, either, apart from fun, but vampires are extremely erotic creatures to me. If you play a female Toreador (or have the right stats) in Bloodlines, you can easily seduce both men and women into more than just blood sucking. :)
"Show me how you do that trick! The one that makes me scream", she said,
"the one that makes me laugh!" she said and threw her arms around my neck.
"Show me how you do it and I promise you, I promise that
I'll run away with you, I'll run away with you..."

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2007, 07:22:16 PM »

Hm, I don't know what she would gain from it, either, apart from fun, but vampires are extremely erotic creatures to me. If you play a female Toreador (or have the right stats) in Bloodlines, you can easily seduce both men and women into more than just blood sucking. :)

Maybe I stand corrected. ;)

Offline Evaine Dian

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2007, 07:40:51 PM »
Some time ago, I read a more or less scientific essay about the modern image of vampires (not directly D&D, AD&D or VtM, though, just general popular culture), and it said something about vampires having a strong sex drive and the symbolisms of their most prominent feature, the drinking of blood. It's all about "fangs, penetration, sucking and staking". :)

As for Bodhi, I think she would do men and women alike, wouldn't she?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 07:46:39 PM by Evaine Dian »
"Show me how you do that trick! The one that makes me scream", she said,
"the one that makes me laugh!" she said and threw her arms around my neck.
"Show me how you do it and I promise you, I promise that
I'll run away with you, I'll run away with you..."

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »
how about that guy in the copper coronet who flirts with the PC, then runs away if you act interested ?   i'm sorry, i cant think of his name right now  (its after midnite and i just got off work )
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2007, 01:52:15 AM »
That's Salvanas.

With Bodhi(or Lassal for females, I suppose) I see how she might use her seductive side to persuade PC to join her - to lure, to promise and so on. It doesn't necessarily have to end in sex, however - well, as a matter of fact, it applies to every encounter. To me, if a male PC hits on a girl and she rejects him - or vice versa - it only adds realism and spice.

I doubt that I can come up with something reasonable, but when/if I feel daring, I might give it a try. I don't know if Saemon really is my first choice, however, there are many other characters in BG2 my <Charname> had always wanted to have a "wild night" with.

Yes, of course - Saemon was just an example.

Offline Chev

• Knight of the Realms
  • Planewalker
  • Knight of Night
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2007, 01:58:07 AM »
This must be good, it got Sim to stop lurking!   :o

This sounds good!  More women for the guys.  Like one of the maids in the castle (fighter quest), Nara mage apprentice (Mage stronghold), the female  merchant Umar hills, the woman with the littke kid 'looking' for the daddy of the kid (temple district),  Lady Lilith Lurraxol of trademeet (MILF)   :P  ,  The woman who gets the 2 guys to fight over her in the Bridge district.

If you use Sime of the thieves guild you might want to put in a check for TS (she is joinable).

Please, please make one of these for BG1!!!  An add in to BG1NPC?

What's the name of this Mod?  Don Juan Mod or Casanova Mod or Player Mod, or libertine Mod.  ParisHilton Mod, Xtina Mod, Slut Mod (I don't think it is a bad word) for the ladies.
I Ride for the King!        a.k.a. Chevalier

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2007, 02:12:41 AM »
"Romantic Encounters" doesn't sound bad, I think. After all, it is not only about sex - it is also about love... or lack of thereof.

Yes, these are all lovely ladies.
(I wonder though, at which point it might be too much? But since, as practice shows, not everything proposed is going to be written, we are safe here).

I do not think putting checks for the mods will be necessary - rather, coding it in a reasonable manner, so no technical incompatibilities arise, will. The rest is left to the user's discretion: after all, you wouldn't install two Haer'Dalis romances, one on top of the other? Same with this.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2007, 02:48:26 AM »
Okay, I might try my hand with Saemon and Aran - not that it is necessarily going to end in anything, mind you.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2007, 04:00:51 AM »
Hendak romantic encounter is translated, I am doing debugging now. :)

One question: I want to integrate a variable that can be used by other modders to check for. Can / should we agree on something systematic? I would use "Global("C#_HendakEncounter","GLOBAL",1)" for accepted offer, and "2" after they spent the first night together.

"romantic encounters" is a very good name for the mod imho.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2007, 04:07:19 AM »
Yes, this is a good idea. We'll probably want it as simple and consistent as possible, so;
- since I'll probably code most of the stuff, I think using my prefix, O#, for consistency might be better(and O#_ to ensure a unique prefix only for this project).
- we'll probably want two variables set to 1 - one for flirting, one for the actual "night together" thing. So, how about

Global("O#_HendakFlirt","GLOBAL",1) - there was some flirting/innuendo going on;
Global("O#_HendakSex","GLOBAL",1) - they have slept together.

Offline Chev

• Knight of the Realms
  • Planewalker
  • Knight of Night
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2007, 04:38:51 AM »
I think Charisma should come into this some how.  Many power gamers have really low charisma, this 'might' teach them a lessen.  It could be different for each encounter +/-.  Really low less than 6 it doesn't happen.  Greater than 16 it might happen more than once.  A CC working girl might say something like 'OH....   ...You aren't the best looking guy I have had.   For you it will be double'.

I Ride for the King!        a.k.a. Chevalier

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2007, 05:58:45 AM »
Yes, this is a good idea. We'll probably want it as simple and consistent as possible, so;
- since I'll probably code most of the stuff, I think using my prefix, O#, for consistency might be better(and O#_ to ensure a unique prefix only for this project).
- we'll probably want two variables set to 1 - one for flirting, one for the actual "night together" thing. So, how about

Global("O#_HendakFlirt","GLOBAL",1) - there was some flirting/innuendo going on;

Some of us might actually be coding this ourselves. I, for one, would prefer to use my own prefixes, or one without prior affiliations. I am reasonably sure that many other modders would prefer to do likewise. Another modder who wants to detect for our variables is going to have to look up the exact spelling of the variables anyway, they would see which prefix to use. AFAIK, even BG1 NPC contains a couple individual modder prefixes. I don't currently have UB installed, but that might as well.

Another alternative might be to use a common variable prefix unique to Romantic Encounters. As this project is likely to grow as more and more modders become involved, I respectfully propose this alternative. I notice that RE is unclaimed, and that would certainly be an intuitive association for Romantic Encounters, and while it would need to be reserved by an individual, I think using a new, unaffiliated prefix might convey the idea that this is a community effort.

Edit: Also, I entirely agree that BG1 is ripe for this mod, but there are logistical considerations, because the incarnations of BG1 best suited to romantic encounter mods come in 2 flavors, Tutu and BGT. cmorgan, Nythrun, Miloch, et al have come up with a cross-platform naming system that enables modders to code for both at the same time, but it does take some getting used to. I'd personally be interested in this, but I think I'd like to get my BG2 contributions(s) done first.

I would not look for the BG1 incarnation of this to be rolled into BG1 NPC. The purpose of that mod was to improve interaction with existing BioWare party-joinable NPCs, so in terms of scope, it's better off as part of Romantic Encounters. Besides, it's entirely likely that the project team for BG1 NPC would likely scream "No more content!" loudly, and in unison. ;D

//my 2 coppers
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 06:08:58 AM by berelinde/BGhead »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2007, 08:46:03 AM »
I will use those, but for the rest of the code I'd like to keep my prefix, as it's all already coded.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2007, 10:29:45 AM »
Off-topic: I have just been off to see Hamilton's Amour et Psyche". Now THAT is what I call a romantic encounter. :)

Okay, now on to business:

Of course, I am all for modders using their personal prefixes. I do think that crossmod-related variables need to be as transparent and clear as possible, however, so I registered RE for this purpose. So, it is

RE_(name)Flirt=1 for flirting;
RE_(name)Sex=1 for sex

- and the rest, is your personal prefix, or me coding it with RE, if you cannot code.

I think it is safe to say that we are talking about BG2 only for the moment, so there is no confusion. Once v1 for BG2 is out, we can proceed from there. (As Tempest said, "one finished mod is better than two half-finished ones").

Also, I suppose it is pretty much self-explanatory that once something is coded and is in the project, it is in the project(so that there's no "Branwen Romance #1" situation on our hands), but I think it is worth to point it out.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2007, 10:53:08 AM »
I do think that crossmod-related variables need to be as transparent and clear as possible, however, so I registered RE for this purpose. So, it is

RE_(name)Sex=1 for sex

100% concurrence

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2007, 11:20:01 AM »
RE_(name)Sex=1 for sex

- and the rest, is your personal prefix, or me coding it with RE, if you cannot code.

Also, I suppose it is pretty much self-explanatory that once something is coded and is in the project, it is in the project(so that there's no "Branwen Romance #1" situation on our hands), but I think it is worth to point it out.
Yes to both.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: