Author Topic: [Release] BG1 Unfinished Business v4 Beta 2 for Tutu  (Read 26350 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: [Release] BG1 Unfinished Business v4 Beta 2 for Tutu
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 02:40:57 PM »
We're talking about a serious content change - namely, introducing a new, _twice as long_ Sarevok Diary into BG1 Fixpack. In my opinion, quality of this item suffers, too. Cool for a fanfic or an optional romance module, but I don't see why all TUTUFixpack users should be forced to read about Sarevok's bedroom antics and a fantasy chase on CHARNAME. I mean, would you like Sarevok's Remorse/Imoen Romance as a part of your game? Every time? And the funny thing is, there are more logical gaps in a new version than in an old one.

So, yes, I don't feel happy about it. Especially since there's a bad history of content changes by the same person already: BGT changed some death variables and cre files just to accomodate NEJ, which its author wants to make incompatible with practically everything.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 02:56:41 PM »
In case your next question is "But what does it have to do with BG1 UB?" my answer is "Why, it seems that they want to delete the said component(s) from BG1 UB, making them must-haves instead of separate and optional. Bad idea, in my opinion."

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 03:01:08 PM »
Kulyok,

I think you are getting it wrong. Nobody said that those components will be part of the BG1 Fixpack core fixes (which by the way, Miloch correct me if I am wrong, will be released for Baldur's Gate and not for TuTu or BGT). The BG1 Fixpack will have OBC components just like the BG2 counterpart and it's pretty reasonable to think that those will be part of that.

Miloch feel free to correct me any time if I am saying something stupid. It'd not be the first time...  :P

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 03:07:18 PM »
What fixpack? If it's the one at G3, then I can't see anything about Sarevok's Diary on the workroom.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 03:15:10 PM »
Yes...That Fixpack. And yes, there is no topic open about this yet as the Beta 2 Version of BG1 for TuTu has been released just few days ago...

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 03:17:07 PM »
Then I do fail to see why Ascension64 is marking these components for future deprecation: if they are already present and optional here, why make them present and optional somewhere else?

And, again, I fail to see how Sarevok's Diary can be even remotedly considered a fix. If it is, then most of Attic fanfics should be coded and included by the same definition. :)

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 09:11:41 PM »
Well, if you are marking the components for future deprecation without even consulting the original authors, you should damn well expect negative reaction.
Who is the original author for the Tutu version of BG1UB? You might be able to tempt me with this question later on if I start marking components for future deprecation in the BG1 version of BG1UB.

But I do not care about the permission stuff here - I just don't want my TUTU games to be spoiled. And since Sarevok's Diary is UB1 component, then yes, it concerns this topic directly.
Are you implying that you would like to use Sarevok's Diary or not. If you do want to use the "Sarevok's Diary Corrections" component, all you have to know is that:

• None of the component's content has been altered
  • When BG1 Fixpack is released, you will find this component in that mod and not this one

...and if you don't want to use the "Sarevok's Diary Corrections" component, umm...uninstall it?

You have already given the BG1 NPC team a huge, huge headache called BGT(yes, I've listened to IER podcast - if not for your personal stubborness, I'd probably never come to be and we'd not have to deal with its existence). Thanks to it, I will never ever be able to read my own BG1 NPC code and dialogues properly - all filenames are changed to horrible %stuff%.
I see these sentences as you blaming me for providing the original stimulus towards making a universal installer of BG1 NPC onto BGT and Tutu. You might recall, however, that originally, there were two versions of BG1NPC: Domi's for Tutu, SirBillyBob's conversion for BGT, that existed before I even joined the modding scene. Since then, I have never said any word about promoting/opposing BG1NPC on any platform.

Also, I have not, up to the current date, provided any substantial help whatsoever in the ongoing development of BG1NPC (unless your cynicism wants to include my action of stickying a BG1NPC topic in the BGT-WeiDU forum). I might also add that while I have simply tested installs of BG1NPC onto BGT-WeiDU, I have never played BGT-WeiDU with BG1NPC. The support I have given doesn't take into account a BG1NPC install -- and that is because I am still sketchy on what exactly it does.

So, if you want to blame me as the original source of "screwing up" the BG1NPC tp2 code, I think it may have originated from a primitive brain.

Do not add to it by butchering TUTU with tweaks made obligatory, please.
Let me say that I haven't even provided any substantial help to the BG1 Fixpack team, nor have I sounded any ideas to the BG1 Fixpack team. I have marked the components for deprecation only becuase it was asked of me, and at this current time sounds reasonable to do so. Yet, while all that "potential" (its not even active) for deprecation can easily be removed or never become active, you presume that I've burned my tp2 code onto CD-R so that it cannot be changed. More productive discussion would be helpful, please...and not here (yes, I mean another thread or in the BG1 Fixpack forum; if you find bugs with this version of BG1UB, then yes, post it here).

I've read and reread this thread, and the fundamental problem I'm having is that I have no idea what anybody is talking about. Why are things being deprecated? Aren't those components already optional? Why is BGT forcing tweaks on Tutu? I am just left with the feeling that I have missed something significant. What the hell is going on?
1. Things are being only 'marked' for deprecation because they might be appearing in BG1 Fixpack. No one is saying they will be. Deprecations may never become active, and when we finalise what will and will not go in Fixpack, these markings may be expanded/removed. This marking is an extension of the idea that fixes shouldn't go in BG1UB. As to what is a fix and what is a tweak, I've only based it upon current discussion from the previous release thread. No one says its correct at the moment, and considering that I've heard BG1 Fixpack will be a long time before release, nothing will be actively deprecated for quite a while anyway...lots more discussion!
2. Yes, but if we decided to have two identical components, one in BG1UB, and one in BG1 Fixpack, then it would be silly.
3. I don't know how BGT came into this. It has absolutely nothing to do with BG1UB. If you are referring to icelus' original request to use some BGTTweak components in BG1UB, I still cannot see why "BGT is forcing tweaks on Tutu". I have never said anything about BGT in this discussion (until now, that its got nothing to do with the current discussion).
4. All hell is breaking loose...?

Then I do fail to see why Ascension64 is marking these components for future deprecation: if they are already present and optional here, why make them present and optional somewhere else?

And, again, I fail to see how Sarevok's Diary can be even remotedly considered a fix. If it is, then most of Attic fanfics should be coded and included by the same definition.
Well, finally some proper productive discussion. Kulyok does not think the "Sarevok's Diary Corrections" component should go into BG1 Fixpack. Fair enough. Does anyone else have any opinions on that?

@Kulyok: do you think any of the other components currently marked for deprecation (probably going into BG1 Fixpack) probably shouldn't go to Fixpack?

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2007, 02:14:34 AM »
Re: Sarevok's Diary changes, both pro and con.

Yes, it's insanely long. Easily the longest dialogue string in the entire BG saga. (I have nothing but utmost respect and sympathy for those who would attempt to translate it for foreign-language versions of UB.) Reading the whole diary at one sitting would easily take at least 10 minutes, even longer if English is not your first language. Even so, being long and being bad are not necessarily the same thing. I mean, consider the list of RPG Cliches that decrees "Every bookcase contains exactly one book, in which there is only enough writing to fill up one page of text." Sarevok is one of the coolest villians around, give the guy a chance to express himself.

You want the diary to be an optional component on install? Perfectly fine by me, especially since it's your game, not mine. And even if you did install the new diary, nobody's going to force you to read it, no more than they make you read all of those Histories of the North that you find everywhere.
But look at what you'd be missing--I rewrote the diary to affect the following changes:

1. Change the dates of many of the journal entries to be more in tune with CHARNAME's expected progress through the game; the dates of some of the entries were off by as much as two years, in a game that only takes 60-odd days to complete.
2. Correct some slight factual details of Sarevok's background, both domestic (Rieltar et al) and family (Bhaal & Alianna), to be in tune with what we learn of his life in BG2 and ToB.
3. Add some cryptic foreshadowing (but no spoilers!!) regarding same.
4. Make Sarevok's journal a bit more like CHARNAME's journal: Visions of the awakening Bhaal essence seen through dreams, Sarevok's views on various achievements & setbacks in his overarching plan, and his interactions with his enemies & minions large and small.
5. Make all of the above changes without lying or misrepresenting Sarevok or his actions--make sure that he only talks about things that he actually did.

Kulyok, I can kind of see where you're coming from when you say that it's like a "fanfic or optional romance module," since many of the diary entires are rather descriptive and ornate. But bear in mind that I wrote the diary to sound like it was written by Sarevok, not Tazok. The diary is anything but a "serious content change"--all I did was to allow Sarevok to take written credit for things he was either already known to have done, or very likely to have done. His "bedroom antics" are backed up in-game, when Cythandria says that she had been Sarevok's lover before he left her for Tamoko. As for the "fantasy chase on CHARNAME" that you mention . . . um . . . are you even playing the same game? Did you somehow fail to notice the incessant attempts on CHARNAME's life, which all lead back to Sarevok? Finally, you say that "there are more logical gaps in a new version than in an old one." Please let me know what you feel these are, so we can discuss the matter. (A PM would probably be better than this already-confusing thread.) I welcome all commentary and criticism, especially if it's at least slightly constructive.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2007, 02:26:52 AM »
@Kulyok: do you think any of the other components currently marked for deprecation (probably going into BG1 Fixpack) probably shouldn't go to Fixpack?

I think her point is (correct me Kulyok if I am wrong): BG1 Fixpack is a Fixpack for vanilla Baldur's Gate/TotSC and BG1 UB for TuTu is a Mod for TuTu. Why would you even mark for deprecation some components that can't be duplicated since the two mods aim to two different gaming platforms ?

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2007, 02:43:33 AM »
Well, then, Miloch needs to clear this up for me. Will BG1 Fixpack ever be available for Tutu as a separate installation (hence, incorporation into EasyTutu does not count)? May I also throw in, will BG1 Fixpack ever be available for BGT-WeiDU as a separate installation?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2007, 02:50:36 AM »
I was referring to you picking up BGT after Bardez and being responsible for creating the Weidu version of BGT, despite Sim and others pointing out that TUTU was stable and functioning and doing the same thing already. If BGT-Weidu wasn't created, BG1 NPC for BGT wouldn't appear and we naturally wouldn't have to deal with it. (Then again, I do think a mistake was made by allowing a BG1 NPC version for BGT in the first place, sigh - I think Bons has it right with Finch). It is well in the past - but a history of unfortunate decisions remains, and as such, yes, I am wary of your involvement in BG1 UB and BG1 Fixpack. Call me prejudiced - it is not a prejudice against you personally, but against decisions in modding you make. I wouldn't go as far as calling your brain primitive - this was funny, by the way.

Permanent corpses, for the reason I stated above: it is a cosmetic decision that a player is better off deciding for himself, much like BG1 GUI or 1PP or BG1 avatars.

Store, Tavern, and Inn Fixes and Restorations - I do not have a lorebook at hand, but Wikipedia states that Elfsong is much the same as the Blushing Mermaid, and, as such, rest within Elfsong should be allowed. There might be other changes - I haven't been dogging .tp2 file, I'm just quoting my personal player experience.

Sarevok's Diary I have already mentioned - allowing it into fixpack is a joke.

Also, I hope that introducing Creature Corrections and the like into the future fixpack will not introduce additional compatibility problems.

Oh, and feel free to start a new thread if you are uncomfortable to discuss it in this one. I think I've made my point already, however.

I think her point is (correct me Kulyok if I am wrong): BG1 Fixpack is a Fixpack for vanilla Baldur's Gate/TotSC and BG1 UB for TuTu is a Mod for TuTu.

To prevent further misunderstanding: we are talking about TUTU now - that several components of BG1 UB for TUTU were marked for deprecation - which means they will eventually go to BG1 Fixpack for TUTU(again, not plain BG1, but TUTU). There wouldn't be any sense to mark them for deprecation if they were introduced in plain BG1 Fixpack only: I don't think any users with TUTU install will bother uninstalling TUTU, installing plain BG1 Fixpack and then installing TUTU again.

@SixofSpades: My point is, you haven't just introduced fixes. You have taken some artistic lisence and liberty, and created something else. Yes, your Sarevok describes events that were/might've been happening in the game, but my original point was that this writing was not in the original game. You added it - and, yes, it is a nice modification, and it may be to someone's taste(I, personally, think that Sarevok sounds too wordy and OOC here, so I do not install it), but it has nothing to do with fixing stuff - it is adding something new. It is in place in BG1 UB, as an optional component - but not in BG1(TUTU) Fixpack.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2007, 03:03:26 AM »
Permanent corpses, for the reason I stated above: it is a cosmetic decision that a player is better off deciding for himself
Actually, this isn't quite right. It's pretty clear, for example, when the ogre mage in the Cloakwood Mines talks about the people he's killed that they're actually supposed to be there.

I don't think Sarevok's Diary is going to get moved.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 03:05:13 AM by SimDing0™ »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2007, 03:34:55 AM »
Actually, this isn't quite right. It's pretty clear, for example, when the ogre mage in the Cloakwood Mines talks about the people he's killed that they're actually supposed to be there.

I stand corrected then - but wait, I usually play a simple EasyTUTU+BG1NPC games(I only started BG1 UB recently), and I remember, when Coran/Ajantis/me enter the room, there are always corpses, and an invisible ogre mage that becomes visible. So - speaking of TUTU(because I don't play plain BG1) - I think it is already working in that particular case, no?

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2007, 03:41:12 AM »
I was referring to you picking up BGT after Bardez and being responsible for creating the Weidu version of BGT, despite Sim and others pointing out that TUTU was stable and functioning and doing the same thing already. If BGT-Weidu wasn't created, BG1 NPC for BGT wouldn't appear and we naturally wouldn't have to deal with it.

Well, this starts to become ludicrous. You are blaming Ascension64 because he created a WeiDu version of BGT. I remember one sarcastic and out of place comment of yours made at the BGT Forum ( http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showtopic=24796) when you provided (I would like to say kindly but after that premise, that word chokes in my throat) a russian translation for some lines and now more direct attacks are launched like SCUD missiles (russian fabrication, uh ?  :P).

Well, I have never really played BGT while I did play TuTu in the past but one thing is sure (because reported by those who actually bothered to try something before judging it): the WeiDu version created by Ascension64 is a definitive improvement over the old non-weidu one by Barthez and the improvements are so many (not only bug fixing) that it would take too long to list them here. I would also debate the convincement that TuTu and BGT offer the same kind of gaming experience. While superficially they seem to do the same thing, they are inspired by two different philosphies.  But what you should also consider is that if it were not for MacReady who came like a thunder in the clear sky (at that time BGT-WeiDu was more than just started), we would still be using TuTu and no EasyTuTu would be available nor a better TuTu version because japeth disappeared from the scene after the release of TuTu v6 Beta, leaving us there gaping like fishes. And MacReady fixed quite a good amount of bugs. TuTu bugs.

You see, the problem is not just being prejudiced because - more or less - we all are sometimes but in the will of keeping us such. No offence meant, Kulyok. I just hope that you might become a little more tolerant if not respectful of the work of your fellow modders and of the (free) choices people make (like play BGT instead of TuTu).

Please forgive me for going a bit off track with this but I couldn't just help myself...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 03:47:55 AM by Salk »

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 07:13:57 AM »
Well, I am not a moderator of this forum, so I can't really do anything about the off-topic stuff, except purse my lips to them. So, I am offering no further comment on anything unrelated to BG1UB for Tutu bugs, and suggestions for future versions of BG1UB of Tutu.

If I have got this right now, then:
  • "Sarevok's Diary Corrections" shall be 'unmarked' for deprecation
  • In "Permanent Corpses" component, the following corpses are made permanent: _CATDEAD.CRE, _CORPSE1.CRE, _CORPSE2.CRE, _DEAD.CRE, _DEAD1.CRE, _DEAD2.CRE, _EADFUCK.CRE, _ALFMIRI.CRE, _SKELDED.CRE. I do not know the particular details of where these corpses are used. As far as I can tell, Sim believes these corpses are important for some consistency thing with Ogre Mage, but Kulyok reports that EasyTutu already has the corpses present. Fix or tweak? Discuss further. I think we need more information about these CREs anyway.
  • Kulyok reports you cannot rest anymore in the store for _BART8.CRE (_BART8.STO?). Probably needs bug-fixing. Will fix if it is bugged.
  • Miloch needs to know all the content of the "Stores, Taverns, and Inn Fixes and Restorations" component. Will list when I find time.

Anything I've missed/other people want to suggest?

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2007, 07:38:17 AM »
I stand corrected then - but wait, I usually play a simple EasyTUTU+BG1NPC games(I only started BG1 UB recently), and I remember, when Coran/Ajantis/me enter the room, there are always corpses, and an invisible ogre mage that becomes visible. So - speaking of TUTU(because I don't play plain BG1) - I think it is already working in that particular case, no?
I believe I may actually have done this myself back in the Tutufix days.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2007, 08:11:26 AM »
Ascension64,

would you perhaps mind giving a look here http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,23697.0.html and tell me what you think about it yourself if you have few minutes ? Thanks.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2007, 04:57:37 PM »
On Topic:
  • I hope that this Fixpack will eventually become both BG1 and Tutu friendly, because Macready will not live (or mod) forever. Hell, the only person I know who will is Icelus, and that is because he is my personal God.
  • I hope Sareavok's (and almost every other component) are marked for the possibility of depreciation in the future, because without that marking it is hell to make mods work together when (not if) they change.
  • On a related note, I hope that both BG1 NPC Project and UB continue to add flags to each major change to allow closer cooperation between the mods in terms of conflicting content. At the present time, UB does a far superior job to this than even the latest internal version of BG1 NPC.
  • I hope that anyone working on this project will consider the opinion of the original authors when they are available, and will use their best judgement when they are not.
  • I hope that open discussion of the need for specific corrections continues with regards to the *future*, rather than the *past*.

Off Topic Clarifications.
  • Any blame for changes to The BG1 NPC Project in any form rest solely with the current coordinator, me.
  • Sareavok's Diary is overwritten by The BG1 NPC Project with SixofSpades (it looks like) version, without any user choice at all... it is considered a fix, not a tweak, and (just like Gorion's "talking letter") the user is not even informed of its presence unless they scan the documenation very carefully. Any changes made to this by other mods would have to come after BG1 NPC in the install order. I am taking steps right now to rectify this, and to make sure that at least the documentation is clear that we have corrected this without other modders knowledge/identification. This exists several versions back from v12.
  • I am not "The BG1 NPC Modder", and relish the second-stand role as assistant. That being said, the current philosophy of The BG1 NPC Project is a subject of internal discussion, not public disussion. Until I am told by the majority of active contributors to the project to treat one platform as holy and the other as unholy, I will actively and vigorously pursue close community collaboration and proactive support of *any modder who is contributing code for either platform*, as long as the end result is furtherance of telling the Authors' stories on as wide an audience as I can personally drag kicking and screaming to the table, forcing their eyes open, and making them participate. Yes, I like Kulyok's, Domi's, Jastey's, Andyr's, et al work that much.
  • At no point in time has a BGT player or Modder sought directly to merge the code. Quite the opposite. Sir BillyBob was able to provide an alternate version, but not able to actively keep up with changes due to RL issues. Ascension64 was directly asked, and responded with appropriate caution and support, by the current coordinator of the project, and he kindly assisted in what had to be an awkward situation from a historical perspective.
  • I personally have broached, begged, asked, pleaded, traded, studied, and and generally dragged modders who do not associate with the project into an unholy alliance, I did this entirely out of self interest and a sense of Paladin-like Duty to a mod I love dearly and hold to be a great example of what can happen when you put hard headed, cussy, tough, bright, intelligent people into a huge melting pot and light their extremities on creative fire. It also served well to further my sekret goal; the eventual IE World Domination of The BG1 NPC Project. You *will* comply. You *will* be assimilated. The Future Is BG1 NPC.

That is all. Edit/24 hours later ==   I am definitely better, and apologise for falling off of the edge of whatever abyss I went psycho into. I will double check my post here for errors, fix them, and get back on track immediately. I prayed to Icelus, and he was Generous in his calming.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:49:36 PM by cmorgan »

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2007, 09:52:20 AM »
I receive the following error message when trying to install the component:

- Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest

[bg1ub/kagain/rKAGAIN.BAF]  ERROR at line 32 column 24-24
Near Text: )
   Not_found
ERROR: parsing [bg1ub/kagain/rKAGAIN.BAF]: Not_found
ERROR: error compiling [bg1ub/kagain/rKAGAIN.BAF]: Not_found
ERROR: [_KAGAIN.BCS] -> [OVERRIDE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

This is my WeiDu Log prior installation of BG1 UB Beta2:

~SETUP-EASYTUTUHOTFIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Hotfixes: 05 February 2007 Release
~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier
~SETUP-EASYTUTUSPAWNRANDOMIZER.TP2~ #0 #7 // EasyTutu Spawn Randomizer -> Base Spawn Chance: 100% (default)
~SETUP-EASYTUTUSPAWNRANDOMIZER.TP2~ #0 #15 // Respawn Interval Selection -> Disable Respawning (interval set to 1000 game days)
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #8 // Hooded unarmoured avatars and hooded bards
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Install Silverstar of Selune Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #112 // Install Painbearer of Ilmater Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Install Firewalker of Kossuth Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #118 // Install Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Install Lorekeeper of Oghma Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Install Heartwarder of Sune Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #130 // Install Strifeleader of Cyric Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #600 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Kit for Branwen
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #610 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Kit for Viconia

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2007, 07:14:24 PM »
@SixofSpades: My point is, you haven't just introduced fixes . . . . my original point was that this writing was not in the original game.
Good point. Now that I examine my work more objectively, I see that it's not precisely UB at all; it's closer to "less U, more B."

What say I write another version of the diary, one that does nothing but correct the erroneous dates and the few parts of the diary (and letters) that conflict with what we learn in BG2 and ToB? Such a version would likely be just what the doctor ordered for both UB and any actual Fixpack proper, and frankly I don't see any point in making it an optional component, since I can't see anyone not wanting it.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2007, 09:51:57 PM »
Fix present in BG1 NPC:
Code: [Select]

@2    = ~[The Personal Diary of Sarevok]Diary

14th of Eleint, 1367:  Today Cormyr has instituted a ban against the Iron Throne from operating within their borders.  While this is a great blow to the Iron Throne, it is the perfect opportunity for Reiltar to approach the Throne high council with his proposal.  If things go well, we could begin the operation within the year.

25th of Marpenoth, 1367:  Davaeorn has sent a message to Reiltar, informing him that the mines at Cloakwood have been drained and are ready for use.  This revelation should help greatly in convincing the Throne high council.

2nd of Nightal, 1367:  The Iron Throne council has agreed to support Reiltar's plan.  He has been given all the resources he needs, as well as leadership of the project.  I have expressed interest to my 'father', and he had promised to include me within the operations along the Sword Coast.  He mentioned mother in our conversation: how I wasn't to be unfaithful to him as she had.  He made it clear that I would suffer her fate if I was.  His threats are weak and hollow, and I shall listen to them for only so long.  I have decided to take this time to make my visit to Candlekeep.  I have waited a long time to research the prophecies of Alaundo, and I must know if the dreams speak the truth.  I will not believe the words of phantoms without proof, and the Priest of Bhaal I confronted gave me nothing. He was old and died quickly in my grasp.  If the words are true, I shall surely groom stronger acolytes than this.

11th of Ches, 1368:  My research has gone well.  The monks here at Candlekeep have been quite helpful.  From what I have read, it would seem certain that the blood of Bhaal does indeed flow through my veins.  His prophecies are (of course) ambiguous, but I think I understand them.  He foresaw his coming death, and seeded his essence across the land. The children born as a result bear the marks of chaos, have power with no direction, and shall feel the blood of a god within them. The deaths they bring shall awaken the father, and through them he will rise. It does not explicitly say, but obviously this means that death wrought by the children will cause them to ascend. Fitting, and since the father was the Lord of Murder, proving one's worth must involve an act in accordance with his portfolio.  I begin to see what I must do.  Death on a god-like scale.

3rd of Tarsahk, 1368:  The monk Gorion troubles me.  He seems to have taken an interest in my readings.  I must be careful to be more clandestine in my research.  I wish I could simply kill him, but I doubt I could safely murder him within this damnable library.

11th of Tarsahk, 1368:  I had a dream this night.  My mother was talking to me, but as she did her face became bloated and discolored.  Her voice became weaker as she spoke to me, telling me to save her from Reiltar.  I could see the garrote cutting into her neck, but I did nothing.  It was only a dream.

27th of Tarsahk, 1368:  I take my leave of Candlekeep now, and not a moment too soon, for I am sure that Gorion has perceived my heritage.  One thing that I am certain of: <CHARNAME> is, in actuality, one of Bhaal's brood as well.  <CHARNAME> has all the markings, and it would explain Gorion's curiosity of my studies.  Though there is nothing I can do now, I will have to make certain to return and kill the little brat.  It would be foolish of me to let one of my siblings live, especially one being brought up by the Harpers (and I am sure that is where Gorion's allegiances lay).

5th of Mirtul, 1368:  Today I met with Reiltar in Baldur's Gate.  The fool still insists on calling me his son, and for now I will let him.  He assumes that I am loyal to him because he raised me.  Well, loyal I am, but only as long as he is useful.  He's set up a base in the mansion of a destitute noble family and says that everything is running smoothly.  Mulahey has established himself at the mines of Nashkel, and his kobold minions should be already busily contaminating the iron ore.  Only a few slaves have begun to mine out the ore at Cloakwood, though Reiltar assures me that once the bandit raids begin we'll have a steady supply of new slaves.

8th of Hammer, 1369:  I met with the leaders of the Chill, and Black Talons.  I have little liking for Ardenor, the leader of the Chill, but Taugosz seems to be a man of his word.  It is a good thing, as I'll have to work with these mercenaries for the rest of the year.

3rd of Tarsahk, 1369:  Everything proceeds well.  The ore coming from Nashkel has started to deteriorate, and my mercenaries have been doing a fine job at destroying any iron caravans on route to Baldur's Gate.  Though some of my mercenaries have been captured, most think they work for the Zhents, so no trouble has fallen on the Iron Throne.  I am sure that the Zhents at Darkhold won't be pleased to know that their name has been falsely used.   I will have to be wary for Zhentish agents in the coming months.

28th of Tarsahk, 1369:  I think I now have the time to deal with that old codger Gorion, and his little whelp.  I will have to inform my men that I'll be gone for the next few weeks.

5 of Myrtle, 1369: No time to write, but I must not neglect my journals so.  The future dead must know of how the Lord of Murder again came to them.  I shall hire a scribe when time allows.  Things have not gone completely as I have planned, but I will still be able to salvage the situation.  <CHARNAME> is on the move to Baldur's Gate; if I could maneuver the whelp to Candlekeep, then I would have the perfect scapegoat for my plan.  My mortal 'father,' Rieltar, is there to meet with the Knights of the Shield.  He has been blocking all my attempts to escalate the hostilities between Amn and Baldur's Gate, and these meetings will only serve to smooth relations.  I must rid myself of them all and assume control of the Iron Throne myself.  I cannot allow petty business and monetary concerns to interfere.  Terribly sorry, 'father,' but my true parentage calls and you are in my way.  I shall be sure to instruct the dopplegangers in the exact manner Reiltar should die.  I think a garrote would be perfect for the task.

This diary looks to be important.  You should probably keep it on your person. ~

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2007, 01:29:01 AM »
What say I write another version of the diary, one that does nothing but correct the erroneous dates and the few parts of the diary (and letters) that conflict with what we learn in BG2 and ToB? Such a version would likely be just what the doctor ordered for both UB and any actual Fixpack proper, and frankly I don't see any point in making it an optional component, since I can't see anyone not wanting it.

I'd have liked nothing more, but the thing is, you can never quite eliminate conflict between what you find out in BG1 and in ToB. Alianna, Tamoko's fate, cloaked figures in the end movie/The Five, Imoen the Child of Bhaal - it just can never be fully consistent. Or, at least, I think so.

I'd suggest making do with BG1 NPC version of the diary for the moment - it seems(though I haven't compared it line by line with the original one) more or less the same thing to me, just with fixed dates. But I'll refrain from participating in this discussion further, if you don't mind: I've already been rather forcefully asked to pull my materials from BG1 NPC, and since I'd rather people played them, having additional belletristics in BG1 Fixpack seems like a small price to pay.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2007, 03:03:40 AM »
Well, obviously, no one else has tried installing this yet. I made a typo in the script. If you are capable for finding the second last line of that script and putting [] around 'PC', then that'll fix it. Otherwise, you can re-download the archive, since I've updated it.

I receive the following error message when trying to install the component:

- Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest

[bg1ub/kagain/rKAGAIN.BAF]  ERROR at line 32 column 24-24
Near Text: )
   Not_found
ERROR: parsing [bg1ub/kagain/rKAGAIN.BAF]: Not_found
ERROR: error compiling [bg1ub/kagain/rKAGAIN.BAF]: Not_found
ERROR: [_KAGAIN.BCS] -> [OVERRIDE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

This is my WeiDu Log prior installation of BG1 UB Beta2:

~SETUP-EASYTUTUHOTFIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Hotfixes: 05 February 2007 Release
~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier
~SETUP-EASYTUTUSPAWNRANDOMIZER.TP2~ #0 #7 // EasyTutu Spawn Randomizer -> Base Spawn Chance: 100% (default)
~SETUP-EASYTUTUSPAWNRANDOMIZER.TP2~ #0 #15 // Respawn Interval Selection -> Disable Respawning (interval set to 1000 game days)
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #8 // Hooded unarmoured avatars and hooded bards
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Install Silverstar of Selune Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #112 // Install Painbearer of Ilmater Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Install Firewalker of Kossuth Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #118 // Install Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Install Lorekeeper of Oghma Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Install Heartwarder of Sune Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #130 // Install Strifeleader of Cyric Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #600 // Install Battleguard of Tempus Kit for Branwen
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #610 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Kit for Viconia

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2007, 05:09:22 AM »
Thanks for your help with this, Ascension64.

It's sad to see that nobody else has even tried to install this component of the new Beta but few days have gone since your release so I believe it's just a matter of time.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 05:11:46 AM by Salk »

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2007, 01:28:34 PM »
Kulyok, please accept my humble, sincere, and absolute (and now *very* public - but if my inexcusable behavior requires public humiliation, I respectfully accept the demand) apologies for any implication that I ever asked or demanded that you withdraw any material from BG1 NPC in any way.

In an internal communication I very angily and inappropriately told you that if you felt the Project was headed in the wrong direction for supporting cross-platform modification and use across both Tutu and BGT communities, that you were a Project Author and had the right to withdraw your materials from The BG1 NPC Project. This discussion thread prompted the communication, but has no material bearing on my rude, inappropriate, and ridiculous communication.

I have no authority, right, or wish to remove or alter a fundamental cornerpost of The BG1 NPC Project. I have no right, authority, or wish to challenge your years of participation in the Project. While I will continue to work for support on both platforms until a quorum of BG1 NPC folks say not to, I do currently have in place tp2 code that can reconvert the project to Tutu-only code, and a separate tp2 that can convert the existing code to BGT only for packaging and sending to Sir BillyBob for replacement of his conversion. I am only the coordinator; the same descisionmaking process can replace me instantly - I can respectfully resign and work on my own projects. I would personally request that such discussion take place in our workroom, so that we can avoid sidetracking threads with our off-topic business.

While you and I disagree on the need for support of both platforms, I feel that your point of view and your greater understanding of the challenges inherent in this endeavor is necessary to this particular discussion thread. In the interests of making a secure, viable, non-intrusive Fixpack available for BG1, and accompanying consistent and appropriate Unfinished Business fixes and tweaks designations, I would request that you engage in the discussion and I will shup up and provide code. When I have a mod of my own, I can criticise. Until then, I should shut up and code.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 01:31:49 PM by cmorgan »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: