Author Topic: A request for english BG1-players  (Read 1071 times)

Offline bla212

• Planewalker
A request for english BG1-players
« on: March 26, 2007, 03:19:21 PM »
Hi,
i installed BG1 (german version) with addons and Tutu. It worked out really well, I'm about to free the Nashkell mines and encountered no bugs so far. I also like the english dialogue which came with Tutu. Only problem is that the German voicovers are REALLY, REALLY bad. Imagine picking up some random guys in the city, they would do a better job. In Addition, they speak in horrible bavarian/whatsoever slang.

So, because i cant seem to find a fair priced English version of BG1 here in Germany, i wonder if anyone could upload the NPCSound.bif located in bg1data on sites like filefront.com. This would be very kind, please don't leave a rpg comrade playing BG1 with disabled party speech  ;) (can't deactivate NPC's).

Offline Eleima

• Planewalker
  • Be warned! Stickler for spelling & continuity =*)
    • My Fanfiction.net
Re: A request for english BG1-players
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 03:40:15 PM »
So, because i cant seem to find a fair priced English version of BG1 here in Germany, i wonder if anyone could upload the NPCSound.bif located in bg1data on sites like filefront.com. This would be very kind, please don't leave a rpg comrade playing BG1 with disabled party speech  ;) (can't deactivate NPC's).

Check your PMs. :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 03:43:32 PM by Eleima »
Check out my DeviantArt account<br />as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net[/font]

Offline Evaine Dian

• Planewalker
Re: A request for english BG1-players
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 03:40:49 PM »
There are several DVD-versions of BG1 which feature the game in different languages. Link

I myself love the dubbed BG1 voices. The look and dialogues of BG1 always made me think the game was created by some nerds somewhere in a garage in Canada. The cheap dubbing greatly adds to that feeling.
"Show me how you do that trick! The one that makes me scream", she said,
"the one that makes me laugh!" she said and threw her arms around my neck.
"Show me how you do it and I promise you, I promise that
I'll run away with you, I'll run away with you..."

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: