Author Topic: BG1Tutu - My party  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Dregor

• Planewalker
BG1Tutu - My party
« on: February 18, 2007, 03:56:36 PM »
I've played through BG2, and did so as a Paladin, so in going back and trying BG1 with the intention of continuing on to BG2 again, I decided to try a darker route. I generally find it pretty tough to play the evil role in games; the moral questions really get to me ;) So I guess I'm struggling a bit with my group, keeping my reputation down low enough to keep the evil members in my party.

Here's what I have atm.

Kagain
Safana
Viconia
Edwin
Imoen w/ Bow(I feel strange not having her...)
PC (Druid)

I went Druid because a) I like them, b) if I decided I wanted to scrap the evil side I'd still be ok, c) I was having a hell of a time playing a character that couldn't heal at the start of the game.

I'm playing the Tutu version of the game, and I'm ashamed to admit that I get my *** kicked regularly ;p. Currently I'm ranging from levels 4-6 and have FINALLY defeated the Sirines outside the Flesh Golem cave for Safana's quest, but they're kicking my *** all over again. Any recommendations on what I should be doing? Is my party good enough? Will I suffer only having the 1 meat shield?

Thanks

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
Re: BG1Tutu - My party
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 05:48:01 PM »
Yes, I would get another fighter or fighter-multi.  I usually use Khalid but just because he's convenient - anyone will do.  I like to have two thieves (one for locks, the other for pockets) but then I usually play as a F/T too.  You could also multi or dual to a fighter-druid.  If you can get the elven charm resistance patch actually working (in BG1 Unfinished Business I believe) you can use elves against sirines, also berserkers/barbarian rage might be handy, and any magic items that give resistance.  You can also get the BG2 Tweaks 'happy patch' so folks don't leave your party due to rep/alignment issues.

Offline Marauder

• BGI fanboy and
  • Planewalker
  • Viking
    • Order of the Stick
Re: BG1Tutu - My party
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 07:43:37 AM »
An option would be to get rid of Safana (you already have Immy with the needed thieving skills) and get Shar-teel as your secondary meatshield.

If you need of the extra thieving skills, get montaron - he's a fighter-thief.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 07:47:59 AM by Marauder »
(http://i16.tinypic.com/2a6lgg9.gif)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: