Author Topic: Ardenor Crush  (Read 3467 times)

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
Ardenor Crush
« on: January 29, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »
Hello again Echon.

Love the mod as always, and I'm going through it again with the intention of finding out exactly what is wrong with my game, so I think I'll have a list of bugs for you later, if you choose to accept them. :P

As I'm in chapter 3, I notice that Ardenor Crush, the leader of the Chill, is a wuss.  I haven't looked at the stats at all of what hobgoblins should be, but I must say that it would seem that a level 7 hobgoblin should have more than 1 attack, and should have more than 1 item.  I may be wrong on the 1 attack, since he has 4 proficiency points in large sword.  I would think hobgoblins should generally be better than an equivalent human, but it is pretty hard to find balance sometimes.

Personally, he seems easier than any of the other hobgoblins you encounter (not random ones), like Zekar near Drizzt or Zargal, Geltik and Malkax near Bassilus.  He should probably get some magical armor, a helmet, and a high quality/+1 sword.  Maybe some treasure too.  He just doesn't seem worth the 1000ish exp.  Of course, Taugosz is harder than flesh golems, yet still worth less.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Ardenor Crush
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 09:03:05 AM »
Do report all bugs you find, I appreciate that.

As far as I recall, he should recieve the bonus from high mastery. But you are right, considering his level, he should probably have a high quality weapon. I think I will give him a potion or two, as well, which would be more efficient than a magical armour anyway.

The difficulty of the various enemies depends greatly on your class(es). Taugosz may be more challenging than a Flesh Golem to a fighter, but try fighting both with a mage. The golem is immune to all your spells while Taugosz may be neutralised with a Hold Person spell.

-Echon

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
Re: Ardenor Crush
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 11:57:56 AM »
Good call, I hadn't thought of using hold person's awesome power.

I know I have a few bugs already, but I'll let you start a bug reports 1.06 thread before I organize them.  The only glaring bug is the red sheaf inn again, but this time it's worse.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: