Author Topic: export from bg1 to bg2 - help  (Read 7660 times)

Offline mgila

• Planewalker
export from bg1 to bg2 - help
« on: January 14, 2007, 09:54:12 AM »
I'm sure it's been explained to death, but I can't figure out how to export my bg1 character to bg2 (I'm about as smart as Minsc!)... I have gone into the screen with his face, clicked "export," created a file name - but when I go into bg2 it does not appear in the import folder....  don't know what I'm doing wrong or what to do next... can anyone help?

Elu

Re: export from bg1 to bg2 - help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 10:11:04 AM »
Hi :)

What you'll want to do is take your Baldur's gate I savegame and copy it over to your Baldur's gate II save folder (either single or multi will work) - Then go into the game and create a new character (choose import) and then select 'Saved Game'.. you should be able to choose the BGI save file that you copied over, select it and you'll see any PC characters you had in that save.

I think you can also just copy an exported BG I character directly to the BG II character folder and then import him, but i've never done it that way myself.

hope that helps!

Offline mgila

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 10:15:35 AM »
umm, how exactly do I take my bg1 savegame and copy it over to bg2 - can you spell it out please?

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 10:24:14 AM »
Here is how it works. As you have already exported your character, find the Characters folder in your Baldur's Gate directory. Copy the CHR file you made and paste it into the Characters folder in your Baldur's Gate 2 directory. This will allow you to import your character when you start a new game.

-Echon

Elu

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 10:33:37 AM »
Ok

Double click your way into your BGI Save Folder:

My Computer --> Program Files --> Black Isle --> Baldur's Gate --> Save (or MPsave)

If you were playing a multiplayer game then you need to double click into your MPsave, if not open your Save folder instead..

Once you're in there, look for your most recent save file name (or just the one you want) -- right click on it, and choose "Copy"  Then click your way into the BG II - SoA folder (use the method described above, and in the Black Isle folder just click on BG II instead of BGI. Once you're in your BGII folder, Double click on either the Save or MPSave folder. Once inside, right click and choose "Paste".

Once you've done that you'll be able to import from your character(s) from the save file.

If you want, you can also just copy your exported BG I character to the BG II character folder using the same method described above, you'll just be looking for the folder "Characters" instead of your Save (MPSave) folder.

Offline mgila

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!  YOU HAVE PUT ME OUT OF WEEKS OF MISERY!!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: