Author Topic: BG1 Unfinished Business v4 Open Beta for Tutu released!  (Read 37018 times)

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
Re: BG1 Unfinished Business v4 Open Beta for Tutu released!
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 05:20:55 PM »
This will be an interesting game for you if you installed all components of this *and* BG1 NPC project. I'm not sure how some of it is going to work out, since some of the components kind of do the same things.
They do?  Like what?

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 06:56:29 PM »
..E22...
That's a new acronym for me.  Or perhaps a double acronym, being that TuTu = To Two?  So we are making a fairly obscure meaning even more obscure.  Can I kill it please? :D
NO!!!  ;D You can not kill it.  I'm a lazy person and I don't want to write out EasyTuTu, hence E22.   ;D
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 08:55:45 PM »
They do?  Like what?
Kagain's quest we rip out and rebuild, we have a Shar-Teel recognizing Angelo, we do alot with Tazok and Kivan, there are any number of modifications and interjections that expect certain states and statenumbers in order to work, we rebuild and patch Coran's Wyvern quest, etc., etc... the place to start is in the Core subfolder, but don't stop there!

BG1 NPC Project was the place that lots of fixes for inconsistency were put, since no-one had built an "Unfinished Business" component (and I don't think anyone anticipated the idea, even - they just wanted to be able to build a consistent mod that worked with the NPCs). This behavior is why we now also patch for IDS and Tutu areas, and several other small fixes which might just as well be in a fixpack. In fact, several of the components that were fixes in BG1 NPC were moved out into Tutufix under Andyr's guidance, I believe. It is one of the reasons I really like BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES! (We can't stop doing this, either, as we cannot be sure everyone uses EasyTutu, or even Tutufix, and some of our stuff will simply fail to work if we don't make sure it is fixed).

I think the only good way of dealing with the possible inconsistencies is a full review of ooverlapping code and some serious testing. I have not been able to get as far as installing UB and decompiling the dialogues and scripts, and then seeing where we are. We may have to flag sections of components, and do some serious reworking here.

Luckily, some of the Master Modders involved in UB are very experienced at the wild fun of managing almost-impossible conflicting mods and install order problems :D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 09:01:56 PM by cmorgan »

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 01:39:17 AM »
BG1 NPC Project was the place that lots of fixes for inconsistency were put, since no-one had built an "Unfinished Business" component (and I don't think anyone anticipated the idea, even - they just wanted to be able to build a consistent mod that worked with the NPCs). This behavior is why we now also patch for IDS and Tutu areas, and several other small fixes which might just as well be in a fixpack. In fact, several of the components that were fixes in BG1 NPC were moved out into Tutufix under Andyr's guidance, I believe. It is one of the reasons I really like BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES! (We can't stop doing this, either, as we cannot be sure everyone uses EasyTutu, or even Tutufix, and some of our stuff will simply fail to work if we don't make sure it is fixed).

I think the only good way of dealing with the possible inconsistencies is a full review of ooverlapping code and some serious testing. I have not been able to get as far as installing UB and decompiling the dialogues and scripts, and then seeing where we are. We may have to flag sections of components, and do some serious reworking here.
We are doing this sort of review in the revived BG1 Fixpack workshop on G3 (not sure if you have access to this but I'm sure Cam'll give it to you if not).  This includes probably moving a lot of the UB fixes into the fixpack (UB has become more of a quest mod).  Though we haven't as yet anticipated analysing BG1 NPC also.  Does it, in your knowledge, include fixes that are not necessary to the rest of BG1 NPC?  And even those that are necessary, it might be useful to have some knowledge of those (either to avoid or to include in the fixpack).

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 06:35:03 PM »
Update

Taerom has a nonsense dialog *after* you give him an Ankheg shell and have him build the armor,i.e. ...you have him make the armor, end dialog...open dialog to buy consumables...he speaks nonsense. He should say something along the line of "it's not ready yet, come back in a tenday" and THEN the store should open.

The Officer Vai store doesn't buy much, but what it does, it pays double for. You can get 5000GP for stat raising tomes, and she will give you 100GP for the Idol of Kozah. This is probably a side effect of her paying double for the scalps.

I liked the "Corianna" encounter in the Beregost temple area. One small gripe,,,,she says the basilisk lair is *near*, when it's actually a 12 hour walk to the adjacent area. My first thought was...'O my god! The modders have added(or restored) a basilisk to the Temple area". But that wasn't the case.

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2007, 05:21:35 PM »
Odd....whatever mod put the "raise dead" scroll for sale in the temples...they don't work. I tried to raise Kivan with Jahiera and Viconia. The scroll will target the dead portrait,,,but nothing happens. Scroll description says it will raise elves, BTW.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 08:09:45 PM by ElfBane »

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2007, 06:23:05 PM »
Odd....whatever mod put the "raise dead" scroll for sale in the temples...they don't work. I tried to raise Kivan with Jahiera and Viconia. The scroll will target the dead portrait,,,but nothing happens. Sroll description says it will raise elves, BTW.
It maybe like the raise dead scrolls in IWD1.  You have to use the scroll in the area where the person died.  Otherwise, it will not work.
However, I have with BG1 cheated a raise dead scroll in to my inventory and used it in the area where the character died and it still did not work.  I think it has something to do with the spell level required of the caster.  The scroll probably has the same settings as the raise dead spell, which is a higher level spell and can't be used successfully until reaching the proper level.  Perhaps, they should look at lowering the spell level requirements so that it could be used by lower level casters.
My working mods:

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007, 06:21:34 PM »
Easy TuTu (E22) with Unfinished Buisness (UB)

Problem file:
Taerom.dlg

Description of problem:
In the mysterious vial component the dialog file for Taerom is edited in the following manner.
REPLACE _TAEROM
IF WEIGHT #3 /* Triggers after states #: 13 even though they appear after this state */
~!GlobalTimerExpired("Taerom2","GLOBAL")
Global("MakeArmor","GLOBAL",1)
~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from:
  SAY #187 /* ~It's not ready as yet.  Perhaps another day or two.  Be patient; quality takes time.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Could you show us what you have for sale?~ DO ~StartStore("_TAERUM",LastTalkedToBy())~ JOURNAL @20001 EXIT
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY @18 JOURNAL @20001 EXIT
  IF ~!Global("D0TaintedOreQuest","GLOBAL",2)
!Global("D0TaintedOreQuest","GLOBAL",4)
PartyHasItem("_MISC87")~ THEN REPLY @16 JOURNAL @20001 GOTO Tainted
END
END
The problem is
  SAY #187 /* ~It's not ready as yet.  Perhaps another day or two.  Be patient; quality takes time.~ */
String 187 is the correct string for BG1 dialog.tlk, but since Tutu/E22 use BG2 dialog.tlk and add to it, then string 187 is incorrect.  In my E22 dialog.tlk string 187 says
Thank you Daleson, but now is not the time for secrecy. These people are not my family; these are my own hirelings. Keep no secrets here.
I would suggest pointing to a tra entry that has the correct text.  WeiDU should find the correct dialog.tlk entry and use that string.

There may be other situations like this.  This is just the first that I've noticed (or paid attention to).
My working mods:

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 06:16:45 AM »
Enjoyed very much the Cloakwood 'Sashenstar/Seniyad/Beador/Marethe/ShadowDruids' restored encounter. Thanks!

P.S. Does Jaheira have to be in the party for this to occur?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 09:12:46 AM by ElfBane »

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2007, 03:14:08 AM »
The problem is
String 187 is the correct string for BG1 dialog.tlk, but since Tutu/E22 use BG2 dialog.tlk and add to it, then string 187 is incorrect.
In EasyTutu, the string should be #75564, according to Infinity Talker.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2007, 02:24:04 PM »
I would definitely second the use of .tra instead of hard-linking strings; that way if someone has a non-standard install it will still work.

Just to check, do you folks do a ShadowDruids encounter, or is this one Elfbane is discussing actually the BG1 NPC quest? If it isn't from us, then we need to make sure we are not conflicting. If it is ours, then cool.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2007, 04:50:28 PM »
Yes, pretty much all string are .tra-ified. I just missed that one.

The ShadowDruids encounter is not part of BG1UB.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2007, 08:20:29 PM »
cool  8) I have a new download of the Tutu version of UB, and will try to get started on figuring out what crosses over :) I want to try a full run with both UB and BG1 NPC but will do some troubleshooting first.

Offline ElfBane

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2007, 09:24:29 AM »
I'm doing a Bg1NPC project and UB run currently. I may be able to answer some questions. I'm doing the Cloakwood mines now. I've done the entire South except for Ulcaster, Firewine, and Durlaq's.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 04:05:18 PM »
From a quick code crosscheck, I have the following preliminary notes on UB/BG1 NPC Compatibility. With a few exceptions, most players will have no trouble with installation in either order. There will be some oddities with storyline, but only one or two palces where things just won't work right/will be an untanglable mess when someone reports difficulty.

Icelus and I originally discussed flag files. His tentative list was
Code: [Select]
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBIceIsland.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBVial.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBElminster.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBSharTeel.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBKagain.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBCoran.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBKivan.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBBranwen.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBSafana.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBAlbert.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBEntar.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBScar.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBQuoningar.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBShiloChen.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBEdie.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBFlamingFist.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBCreCorrect.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBCreRestore.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBCreName.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBDialogue.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBAudio.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBStore.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBItems.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBAreas.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBCorpses.UB~
COPY ~tutu_ub/BG1UBcomponent.xx~ ~override/BG1UBSarevok.UB~

Ours are a little simpler for escaping: as far as I can tell (at the present time), the only flag file needed for the UB/BG1NPC conflicts from UB's perspective is ~override/X#BG1NPCPhase1.G3~.

/* Tells other mods BG1NPC Core is installed */
COPY ~BG1NPC/Core/X#component.xx~ ~override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3~ //has core files, alwys installed:
COPY ~BG1NPC/Core/X#component.xx~ ~override/X#BG1NPCPhase1.G3~

then we can both

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3~ THEN BEGIN FAIL ~This component is not compatible with the BG1 NPC Project. If you wish to use the UB version, please install UB before BG1 NPC.~ END

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~override/BG1UBKagain.UB~ THEN BEGIN FAIL ~This component is not compatible with UB. If you wish to use BG1 NPC's Kagain's Quest, please uninstall the UB version first.~ END

The initial .cre fixes put UB install before BG1 NPC, as we assign portraits and use some of these as base .cres to create project creatures. If these fixes are moved into Tutufix or another fix mod, then we can swap install order around without conflict, and the other components can probably be determined by install order (first one's component gets the priority, other mod escapes the changes to avoid conflict). If they remain here, then UB should be installed before BG1 NPC, and if people want the BG1 NPC components that work with the same materials as UB they will need to skip the conflicting parts of UB.

~bg1ub/Tutu/ARE~ ~override~ (FW1010.ARE and .MOS)
Does this mean that UB needs to be installed before the DeGreenifier?

We will escape the "corrected Sarevok Diary Dates" from BG1 NPC bg1npc.tra @2 fixes to _SCRL3F.ITM if UB is installed.

Ice Island Level Two Restoration - if you folks can suggest a good way of detecting the component being installed (I like flags) I can add the area script assignment to the common code that makes sure all areas know that they might have a script (probably silly - who would mod into an area like this :) - but it would be complete, and I love complete.)

Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest - incompatible from both code and storyline. Oddities will ensue! If you provide a flag file, I will escape ours if yours is installed - it might be nice to throw a warning on yours to let folks know they will have to skip this component if somene wants to try the BG1 NPC version. Especially as we add more content!

Coran and the Wyverns - might actually be ok as is, no real conflict, but I need to research the states.

Kivan and Tazok, Branwen and Tranzig - we do more development than the restorations on these; this one might be ok from an installing standpoint, but there will definitely be a double-dialogue call on the BCS and two acknowledgements with Kivan. The Branwen materials also are double-ICTs with similar dialogue. These are probably best labled as a "story conflict", and escaped.

WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII 0x280 ~Carbos~ #18 // dv = 18 bytes
We use #32 for dvs - IESDP indicates that is the field length for dv. Do we have it wrong (if so I had better fix it fast...)?

Forward-looking note: Nythrun's L1 NPC mod will have to be installed after UB without special handling, as this
COPY_EXISTING _IMOEN.CRE OVERRIDE // Imoen (Thief, AR2600, Candlekeep)
corrects and adds weapons to the NPC.

Line 2208 code clearing portraits means UB must be installed first or needs special handling, as a number of these creatures can be assigned portraits now via the component in BG1 NPC, and more are expected to be assigned.

Lines 2480 - 2521 could be replaced by the more comprehensive area assignment tph I tossed on the G3 common code area of the wikki

Offline Nythrun

• Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2007, 07:26:53 PM »
The field for script names is 32 bytes, but the script name itself can't be more than 18 because you need to be able to prepend the 14 character SPRITE_IS_DEADscriptname so the name knows if your actor is dead.

#32 what I'd do :)

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2007, 12:08:45 AM »
The initial .cre fixes put UB install before BG1 NPC, as we assign portraits and use some of these as base .cres to create project creatures. If these fixes are moved into Tutufix or another fix mod, then we can swap install order around without conflict, and the other components can probably be determined by install order.
Good stuff.  I would second moving those components into a fixpack.  As long as you're looking, would you mind making a note of things that should be considered 'fixes' rather than 'unfinished business'?  There was interest (originally expressed by Idobek and icelus) to move these into the BG1 Fixpack (or perhaps Tutufix in this case).  I think Ascension64 has also assented, so we'd probably just need a response from SimDing0.  If you're busy looking at other things, no big deal, we'll sort it out eventually. 8)
Not sure.  I don't think there is 'water' per se in that area (just ice) so it might be moot.
Ice Island Level Two Restoration - if you folks can suggest a good way of detecting the component being installed (I like flags) I can add the area script assignment to the common code that makes sure all areas know that they might have a script (probably silly - who would mod into an area like this :) - but it would be complete, and I love complete.)
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW1010.ARE~ THEN BEGIN?

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2007, 12:29:33 PM »
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW1010.ARE~ THEN BEGIN?
::) duhhh... Garrick's Zombies fried my brain! This is Tutu - the area will not exist in any form until UB creates it -

so I will add that I suggest grabbing the tph and adding the line

/* Tutu Area Script Assignment Patching */
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW0100.are~ THEN BEGIN
  INCLUDE ~BG1UB\LIB\tutu_area_script_assign.tph~
END

I have included the Ice Island Restoration code to the end of the tph on the common code page
http://dev.gibberlings3.net/index.php/Common_Code_in_pure_tp2_form#Assignment_of_Area_Scripts_in_Tutu
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 12:38:02 PM by cmorgan »

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2007, 11:37:05 AM »
    Ready to flag BG1 NPC for UB conflicts and put UB as "install before BG1 NPC" when you folks are. I am ok with just losing BG1 NPC content in favor of UB, but it would be nice if we could be able to swap install order so folks could have choices; the only way I currently see of doing that is
[list=1]
  • Having you guys IF NOT F_E_I_G ~override/X#BG1NPCCore.G3~ THEN BEGIN

// the fixes stuff I listed above that overwrite our stuff
END
  • We steal the fixes that you escape and run them at the beginning of our Core Fixes component, with a similar command to "don't do this if UB is already installed".

I know this is pushing the boundaries a bit, and this kind of multiple mod compatability thing is a nightmare for everyone, but you are the master of juggling multiple mods on BGT installs, Ascension64, how do you want us all to proceed?

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2007, 12:37:49 PM »
Fixes from BG1UB should go in the fixpack, yes. I have to confess to actively avoiding incorporating bugfixes to original content, since it's a slippery slope towards me having to fix absolutely everything.

How are you going about this conflict-resolution business? I know I always come along and say "no, everyone else's mods can overwrite mine", but in this case I'm inclined to think that for the benefit of character consistency, blah blah blah, BG1NPC dialogue should take precedence over BG1UB. (I pushed for the NPC content here as an "authentic" resolution to the unfinished scenarios, not as a rival to BG1NPC's more complete development.) People who install BG1NPC are presumably content with its characterisation and shouldn't have to filter out parts of BG1UB in order to install it all. Does that make any sort of sense?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 12:40:57 PM by SimDing0™ »

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2007, 02:28:30 PM »
IIRC, the TIS and WED are free from any overlays. It should be possible to install it at any point, and if it's installed first, the degreen thing shouldn't affect it.

WRITE_EVALUATED_ASCII 0x280 ~Carbos~ #18 // dv = 18 bytes
We use #32 for dvs - IESDP indicates that is the field length for dv. Do we have it wrong (if so I had better fix it fast...)?
As Nythrun states, the script name is the standard IE string length (32 bytes). I think the game truncates > 18 chars, but I don't think I've ever tested it. Only the first 18 chars are important in any case.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 02:30:21 PM by devSin »

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2007, 09:08:13 PM »
Fixes from BG1UB should go in the fixpack, yes. I have to confess to actively avoiding incorporating bugfixes to original content, since it's a slippery slope towards me having to fix absolutely everything.

How are you going about this conflict-resolution business? I know I always come along and say "no, everyone else's mods can overwrite mine", but in this case I'm inclined to think that for the benefit of character consistency, blah blah blah, BG1NPC dialogue should take precedence over BG1UB. (I pushed for the NPC content here as an "authentic" resolution to the unfinished scenarios, not as a rival to BG1NPC's more complete development.) People who install BG1NPC are presumably content with its characterisation and shouldn't have to filter out parts of BG1UB in order to install it all. Does that make any sort of sense?
Yeah OK. I think we can leave this to user choice, in that whatever they want the most out of, they install first. So, if they prefer BG1NPC stuff over BG1UB, then simply install BG1UB over BG1NPC. This, with the appropriate checks, will forbid installation of conflicting components...when I get around to adding them in.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2007, 07:11:21 PM »
Odd....whatever mod put the "raise dead" scroll for sale in the temples...they don't work. I tried to raise Kivan with Jahiera and Viconia. The scroll will target the dead portrait,,,but nothing happens. Sroll description says it will raise elves, BTW.
It maybe like the raise dead scrolls in IWD1.  You have to use the scroll in the area where the person died.  Otherwise, it will not work.
However, I have with BG1 cheated a raise dead scroll in to my inventory and used it in the area where the character died and it still did not work.  I think it has something to do with the spell level required of the caster.  The scroll probably has the same settings as the raise dead spell, which is a higher level spell and can't be used successfully until reaching the proper level.  Perhaps, they should look at lowering the spell level requirements so that it could be used by lower level casters.
I checked this out further.  The BG1 scroll copied over is incorrect.  It needs to be fixed and will be/should be included in the Fixpack.  The target is set to creature not dead character. I forget what the numbers are, that's just what dltcep defines those numbers as.  I made a dltcep fix and set it to target dead character and the scroll worked.  I'll code up a patch for the fixpack.  Do you want me to provide you with code for TuTu/EasyTutu?  It'll be no problem.
My working mods:

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2007, 10:33:07 PM »
The BG1 scroll copied over is incorrect.  It needs to be fixed and will be/should be included in the Fixpack.  The target is set to creature not dead character.
Good catch. ;)  The scroll doesn't exist in Tutu, as apparently it wasn't used.  So it only really makes sense to patch it for BG1.  The Tutu version should probably just use the BG2 scroll SCRL63 (which is correct).  I suppose it could copy that into either Tutu's or BG1UB's namespace if it wanted to, though I don't really see the point unless it's going to mod it further.  The good thing is the resource can be referenced the same way in both versions of the mod.

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »
The Root of the Problem causes damage (3x 3 damage) to whomever equips it due to the wrong opcodes in its various damage EFFs (noticed when I met Amarande and he took some damage). The damage EFFs need to be changed to be damage v type bonus (179) opcode instead of simply damage (12). The other issue is that the damage EFFs should go onto the melee header instead of global effects--when global as they are now, they provide these bonuses to both the Root and any dual-wielded weapons (i.e. putting the Root in the offhand will convey damage bonuses to the primary weapon or vice-versa). There's no way to prevent this with the THAC0 bonuses, unfortunately.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: