Author Topic: BG1 Unfinished Business v4 Open Beta for Tutu released!  (Read 36926 times)

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
Re: BG1 Unfinished Business v4 Open Beta for Tutu released!
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2007, 02:21:37 PM »
When you're waiting for Taerom to finish ankheg armor for you, he uses one of Nalia's lines from the keep. ubvial.d is replacing state 8 and using SAY #187--it should either be replaced with SAY ~It's not ready as yet.  Perhaps another day or two.  Be patient; quality takes time.~ or you could simply code around it with

Code: [Select]
ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER _TAEROM 8 ~False()~ DO 0
EXTEND_BOTTOM _TAEROM 8
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Could you show us what you have for sale?~ DO ~StartStore("_TAERUM",LastTalkedToBy())~ JOURNAL @20001 EXIT
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY @18 JOURNAL @20001 EXIT
  IF ~!Global("D0TaintedOreQuest","GLOBAL",2)
!Global("D0TaintedOreQuest","GLOBAL",4)
PartyHasItem("_MISC87")~ THEN REPLY @16 JOURNAL @20001 GOTO Tainted
END
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2007, 06:33:34 AM »
See above. ;D
Easy TuTu (E22) with Unfinished Buisness (UB)

Problem file:
Taerom.dlg

Description of problem:
In the mysterious vial component the dialog file for Taerom is edited in the following manner.
REPLACE _TAEROM
IF WEIGHT #3 /* Triggers after states #: 13 even though they appear after this state */
~!GlobalTimerExpired("Taerom2","GLOBAL")
Global("MakeArmor","GLOBAL",1)
~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from:
  SAY #187 /* ~It's not ready as yet.  Perhaps another day or two.  Be patient; quality takes time.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Could you show us what you have for sale?~ DO ~StartStore("_TAERUM",LastTalkedToBy())~ JOURNAL @20001 EXIT
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY @18 JOURNAL @20001 EXIT
  IF ~!Global("D0TaintedOreQuest","GLOBAL",2)
!Global("D0TaintedOreQuest","GLOBAL",4)
PartyHasItem("_MISC87")~ THEN REPLY @16 JOURNAL @20001 GOTO Tainted
END
END
The problem is
  SAY #187 /* ~It's not ready as yet.  Perhaps another day or two.  Be patient; quality takes time.~ */
String 187 is the correct string for BG1 dialog.tlk, but since Tutu/E22 use BG2 dialog.tlk and add to it, then string 187 is incorrect.  In my E22 dialog.tlk string 187 says
Thank you Daleson, but now is not the time for secrecy. These people are not my family; these are my own hirelings. Keep no secrets here.
I would suggest pointing to a tra entry that has the correct text.  WeiDU should find the correct dialog.tlk entry and use that string.

There may be other situations like this.  This is just the first that I've noticed (or paid attention to).

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2007, 08:45:30 AM »
Yeah, but unlike you lazy bums I provide several options for fixing. :p

(OK, so it's really just that I skimmed the thread. :) )

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2007, 10:29:01 PM »
Several = 2? ???

And I'm not a code guru like you, but I'm not sure if ignoring the delay it should take to construct the armour (if that's what you're suggesting) is really a decent option for fixing. ;)

Now on another level.. I would just hard code the string ref with '#' (only use the correct one :P) rather than quoting the text in the TP2 or TRA file.  I know I'm in the minority here, but if your string ref is off the standard (from either BG1, BGT or Tutu, and yes it would be fairly easy to code all those in one version, at least in this case), then you're hosed anyway. :P  But my argument is, it gives the translators less work to do, and I'd like to see Tutu and all mods become internationally friendly (I know I'm also probably in a minority here too :P).

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2007, 12:30:29 AM »
And I'm not a code guru like you, but I'm not sure if ignoring the delay it should take to construct the armour (if that's what you're suggesting)
I'm not; it's extending the state with the new options added by UB. However, the existing transition has to be False()d for this to work--as the current transition has no PC reply options, it'ill always be selected instead of the two new transitions (which do have PC replies) added by the EXTEND.

There are no hardcoded strings in Tutu, which is the problem with SAY #foo. The .d code posted will preserve the existing strref in the state, no matter what it is--I don't like to add work for translators either.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2007, 01:25:01 AM »
There are no hardcoded strings in Tutu, which is the problem with SAY #foo. The .d code posted will preserve the existing strref in the state, no matter what it is--I don't like to add work for translators either.
Oh.  Dialog strings you mean?  I guess it makes sense to use a TRAed text then if there isn't an easier way.  I haven't really messed with dialogue much.  Was thinking mainly of item descriptions, which I've been referring to as e.g. #6709 for the standard mace description, which seems to mirror itself across standard BG1, Tutu and BG2.  Though I did notice that Tutu seems to add duplicate string entries (e.g. #88835 in my install for the mace desc).  Moreover, it actually uses these strings.  The main difference I can see is that #88835 indicates it's usable by Druid, Mage, Thief whereas #6709 adds Monk and Beast Master.  The weird thing is that #6709 in both vanilla BG1 and BG2 do not have the kit info (fine for BG1 but not for BG2).  And neither, apparently, does Tutu since it uses the #88835.  This I would classify as something that needs to be fixed (though maybe I'm also in the minority here once again).

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2007, 10:09:10 AM »
I strongly, strongly, massively strongly (did I say wicked heavily strongly!!!!??!?) suggest the move to .tra for about everything added by a mod or fix. Translators want bugfixes, not new ones introduced; if someone has a slightly different dialogue.tlk this can be a disaster. Tutu's dynamic strrefs meant users were assured a misalignment, unless the modders' platform was absolutely identical. Maximum flexibility+maximum simplicity=tra.

Weidu only adds a line to the dialogue.tlk if it cannot find an identical existing string, so we do not bloat the dialogue.tlk (that is one reason the soundrefs on an empty string need commenting).

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2007, 12:52:51 PM »
I don't think anyone's arguing against using a TRA file rather than padding a TP2 with strings.  I'm just arguing for avoiding padding said TRA whenever possible with standard texts that shouldn't actually need to be translated (since they should already be translated by the foreign games, however badly those translations may be ;)).  This at least, seems to work (with some quirkiness I've mentioned above) for item texts, if not dialogs.  I'm not sure why *standard* dialog handling needs to be that bungled and random, but so be it if that's the case :(.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2007, 02:10:30 PM »
Several = 2? ???
He's referencing my mentions of being too lazy to write out EasyTuTu.

-- The one who coined E22   ;D
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2007, 02:21:11 PM »
I don't think anyone's arguing against using a TRA file rather than padding a TP2 with strings.  I'm just arguing for avoiding padding said TRA whenever possible with standard texts that shouldn't actually need to be translated (since they should already be translated by the foreign games, however badly those translations may be ;)).  This at least, seems to work (with some quirkiness I've mentioned above) for item texts, if not dialogs.  I'm not sure why *standard* dialog handling needs to be that bungled and random, but so be it if that's the case :(.
I understand what you're saying, but in this case with the conversion from standard BG to Tutu the strref number was changed in the file.  Hence the need to either 1) do a fix that doesn't even mention the strref at all or 2) point the strref to the correct text and let WeiDu find it in the dialog.tlk.
I would actually be for option #1 if that is possible, but I don't know.  That, my friends, is in the hands of the UB'ers and is their decision.
My working mods:

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2007, 03:42:20 PM »
I understand what you're saying, but in this case with the conversion from standard BG to Tutu the strref number was changed in the file.  Hence the need to either 1) do a fix that doesn't even mention the strref at all or 2) point the strref to the correct text and let WeiDu find it in the dialog.tlk.
I would actually be for option #1 if that is possible, but I don't know.
#1 is not only possible, but is what all that goofy .d code in my post does. :) It doesn't do it for the replies--we might be able to work around that with a lot of COPY_TRANS handwaving, but it's probably not worth it.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2007, 10:54:15 PM »
Several = 2? ???
He was?  I thought he was saying you gave one option for fixing whereas he gave two (i.e. "several" :P).

Anyway, I guess it's in Ascension64/SimDing0's hands to fix.  Unless they can't be bothered anymore and we're taking over future revisions... :o
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 04:28:40 AM by Miloch »

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2007, 04:11:49 AM »
I'm doing an EasyTutu (ToB) game with both BG1 NPC Project and UB for Tutu.  I left out the components suggested by G3's installation guide but shoved in AoE and BG2 Tweaks  (how on earth did we manage when ammunition *didn't* stack?).  And no, I'm not using any NPC mods this time.  It's a test run.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2007, 10:20:03 AM »
Several = 2? ???
He was?  I thought he was saying you gave one option for fixing whereas he gave two (i.e. "several" :P).
Oh, I don't know!  I just threw it in there.  Seemed like a valid reason...  ;D
My working mods:

Offline Da_venom

• Planewalker
  • No one escapes death
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2007, 11:31:27 AM »
uhm i almost have the same things installed as elfbane

IIRC the UB makes sure "ELF" get their racial immunities against sleep and charm spells

but still my main character(elf ranger) get's effected by sleep spells kinda buggy or what?:D

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2007, 04:43:16 PM »
That feature has always been buggy but I thought they fixed it in the latest version.  Elves don't become completely immune - they still have like a 10% chance to fall victim to charm and sleep.  Or is it happening more often than that?

Offline Da_venom

• Planewalker
  • No one escapes death
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2007, 02:15:00 AM »
it's happening 7 out of 10 times that my char get's asleep
:P

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2007, 06:06:17 PM »
This should really have been fixed a while ago.  I guess we can look into it for the BG1 Fixpack since BG1UB has a somewhat less-than-active maintenance schedule these days.

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2007, 04:51:27 AM »
BG1UB has been neglected for a bit.
Howwever, we are going to need to be clear about what will go in Fixpack and what will go in UB before anything proceeds.

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2007, 06:44:11 AM »
Howwever, we are going to need to be clear about what will go in Fixpack and what will go in UB before anything proceeds.
I think everyone's agreed fixes should go in a fixpack.  This is clearly a fix, so should go in the Fixpack - at least for BG1-TotSC, which we are working on.  However, it also concerns core Tutu in this case.  In the even Macready does not want to/cannot include it in core, we will probably include a Tutu version of it.
Just wondering why the BG1UB fix never worked though? ???

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2007, 12:11:25 AM »
In my ignorance, I would say I feel this is a non-problem. I am asking you: having duplicated content coming from the BG1 Fixpack and from the BG1 Fixpack is going to cause major problems ?

The BG1 Unfinished Business development should not really depend on the BG1 Fixpack's. The latter is in its early stage. The former is a completed project.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 06:01:56 AM by Salk »

Offline Da_venom

• Planewalker
  • No one escapes death
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2007, 04:23:26 AM »
well I don't care in which project it is in with so long it get's fixed  ::)

you guys are doing such a good job this should be a minor problem for your godlike modding skills :P

Cocoon

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2007, 10:11:14 AM »
Hi all... :D

I gather it's taking pot luck here... And I never trusted gnomes and the like. :P
I also gather few things from the previous page were implemented as of today to this UB Tutu version.

Apart from the tutufixes, tutusounds, Tutu/bg2Tweaks I've only just installed BG1 NPC project...
Would it be worthwhile and sensible tu install UB as well? And how about the overlapping stuff?

It's unlikely further progresses were done without stating them here, so I guess full UB/NPCProj compatibility is way ahead as well as the mutual checks and escapes...
Just want to make sure it's not worth it right now so I'd ask away. :D

Thank you guys!
And keep up the good work :)

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2007, 02:35:35 PM »
Take a quick look over at G3, in the General Forums, for a "Tutu State of the Modding Union" pinned thread. I have been trying out a run with UB installed before BG1 NPC, and following the "ok" vs "conflicting" advice have had no problems :)

Cocoon

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2007, 11:24:10 AM »
What do you mean << following the "ok" vs "conflicting" advice >> ?
Is it installing all components of NPC Project overlapping on UBtutu, as a sort of "overwriting" effect?

I will look for that thread, I reckon it contained a sort of "suggested order" for installing mods and that'd be so grand, this time around I don't want to mess it all up again ( I got Minsc talking with Viconia's voice and phrases... anyone got suggestions?).

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: