Author Topic: Sword Coast Strategems  (Read 22618 times)

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: Sword Coast Strategems
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2006, 09:41:42 PM »
I think he means a player AI.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2006, 02:18:37 AM »
I think he means a player AI.

Oh, okay.

In that case, no, not really - SCS doesn't really do player AI at all, other than the general "ease-of-use AI" which is much too stupid to cast spells.

Offline chegitz guevara

• Planewalker
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2006, 10:07:50 AM »
Did SCS do something to make the Chess game unwinnable? The pawns and knights hit me in two rounds, half of them become queens, and in then I'm dead. My spellcasters don't seem to be able to cast any area affect spells, and my queen died as soon as she stepped out of her square.

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2006, 06:57:15 PM »
Here's what I think you're experiencing.

Unfortunately the current version of SCS does introduce a bug that sporadically appears at the chessboard. (It didn't show up in my own playtesting and only some people seem to get it.) If you find that you're constantly being "re-started" at the chess-board (can't move off your starting square, spells keep being disrupted, that sort of thing) you're probably suffering from that bug. I'm being slow in posting an updated version; till then, there's a workaround, Open the cheat console and type

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADKALDRAN","GLOBAL",0)

and then

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWChessDelay","GLOBAL",0)

Sorry about this.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 12:29:05 PM by DavidW »

Marty

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2006, 12:16:01 PM »
...of... ;D

Anyway, I'm loving the mod so far. I'm using whatever the latest version is... just a sec... looks like v2.02, right?

-I was on the fence about dl'ing until I saw the Candlekeep begone option. For me, this should be included in EasyTutu itself. Great job with the dialogue too.

-When I saw "faster bears" in the Weidu window I was quite excited (usually, I run away from Imoen at the beginning, and then hunt bears with a short bow to get some cheap and easy xp., but this time I got mauled real good)

- Something very cool happened with the bounty hunter at Friendly Arm. I gave everyone melee weapons, probably because he was casting protection from missiles. Imoen didn't have one so I gave her Montaron's short sword, and gave Montaron a bastard sword which we picked up from the Hobgoblins in the north. We're taking down his mirror image through pure force, but shortly after we're all sleeped and having horrible nightmares to boot, except for Montaron who's got halfing resistances, amirite? Well, he gets magic missled to one hp, so I'm ready to reload... again... but then suddenly, the screen shakes violently and the mage is dead! :o! The dialogue box says Montaron killed him, with a roll of 19! When I equipped him with the bastard sword, I thought my memory of BG was a bit rusty... I figured out that Monty must have been weilding the sword with two-hands, a PnP thing I had heard of here and there but not relevant to BG. At first, I was disappointed that I won through sheer luck, as Monty surviving the magic onslaught and making a critical made it feel like I hadn't actually done anything to kill the mage; but then, when I saw the critical on 19, it was a completly different situation, where I had increased Monty's chances of making a critical by 5%; for me, there is a fine line between feeling like a flukey player (almost a cheater), and feeling like the RNG was on my righteous side for once: this fine line exists right between 5 and 10%. The thing is, I'm not sure if your mod is the one that added this rule. If it was, thank you for the moment, sir.

- My battle with Silke seemed to be broken, though. She casted mirror image, but I don't think it was an automatic protection deal. Also, she didn't cast (improved) protection from missles, or even fire any lightning bolts or magic missles. She tried to kill us with her staff...

- The enemies are now smart enough to not chase one party member while the others are hurdling missles at them. They'll stop for half a second and then go after the archers/slingers, which is very cool. An exception for me was Grey Wolf. His healing potions only prolonged his suffering. Did you do this on purpose?

- God damn, I actually had to use some magic arrows and potions outside of a solo run! This made me very happy. It happened in the area south of Beregost, when one ghast and one goul called for ten more. I killed five of them before I had to run away, but it was amazing because I got over 3k xp for my level ones.

Offline arawn

• Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2006, 03:48:30 PM »
I just wanted to say that I have run through it all and SCS made it a truly enjoyable experience. I think Saravok could have gotten some cool ability, but the skeleton warriors were a nice touch.
With the spiders you pretty much have to cut your losses if you are ambushed. You shouldn't leave home without a potion of free action.

The Basilisks should be much much harder to merit their xp. Simply having them change targeting, doesn't make them tougher. Just skeletons seems to make mincemeat out of them.

I regret that I didn't use the fine weapon component.

Most likely I haven't discovered the perfect tactics against mages because they are hard. The only way to get through is with arrow of dispelling, otherwise I just send in summons and grind them down. Does GOI make them immune from their own fireballs? because my mages aren't.

Love it that so NPC many quaff potions of invisibilty when its gets dicey.

A couple of details; Are the Loupe Garou not supposed to be hurt by weapons? because I have to kill them with spells. I had same problem last time I ran ordinary tutu. Also Eldoth had a bug were he couldn't switch weapons, but I don't think that has anything to do with SCS.

Anyway David I wanted to thank you for making this great mod and hope to see something similar for BGII.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: