Author Topic: IWD2 - robes for monks?  (Read 5160 times)

DanielPadawan

IWD2 - robes for monks?
« on: October 10, 2006, 07:22:07 AM »
Hi all and first of all many many thanks Weimer for all the excelent stuff, you've made my BG games so much better!

I have searched these forums for about an hour now and couln't find anything related with something which annoys me quite a bit!

Why can't monk wear robes? At least, generic ones, like Phaen's robe of rags? And of course, ALL robes if you multiclass your monk into a wiz or sorc?

Unless this is specified in 3E rules (you can ask me anything about 1st or 2nd but my knowledge of 3E is limited to CRPG), I think this is reaaly stoopid. ???

Is a workaround possible on this?

Offline redrake

• Planewalker
Re: IWD2 - robes for monks?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 03:49:02 PM »
It's in 3E rules. Sure Bioware chosed to add robes for monks in NWN, but in IWD2 BIS were more correct in their implementation. Monks can't wear any armor, robes included. Robes in 3E are included in light armor proficency.

Offline krunchyfrogg

• Planewalker
Re: IWD2 - robes for monks?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 10:28:50 AM »
Robes in 3E are included in light armor proficency.
Are you sure about that?  That would mean that Wizards and Sorcerers don't know how to wear robes.

It makes sense, from a coding aspect that Monks need that slot clear.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: