Author Topic: tutu problems, can any generous soul help? maybe its a bug  (Read 1623 times)

ozren

tutu problems, can any generous soul help? maybe its a bug
« on: September 29, 2006, 11:34:31 AM »
I followed all the instructions, installed TOSC on full as well as BG and BGII i installed on recomended, ran the installer...and when i go to click on the bg icon on my start menu, or in the directory (actually ive treid clicking on everything that could start up bg) it gives me the line An Assertion failed in

D:/Dev/Baldur/UIControlButtons.cpp at line number 302

D is my cd drive... does anyone know what i did wrong?

Thank you for your help

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
Re: tutu problems, can any generous soul help? maybe its a bug
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 11:42:34 AM »
You say you clicked on the BG icon? That could be your problem. If you chose to add a new icon to your desktop, you should use the BG Tutu icon.

If you were preparing to run Tutu, you've probably got your ToB disk in the drive, so when you start up vanilla BG, it's the wrong disk.

If you want to play Tutu, use the ToB disk and the Tutu icon.

Offline WizWom

• Wandering Kernel of Happiness
  • Planewalker
Re: tutu problems, can any generous soul help? maybe its a bug
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 12:33:16 PM »
Well, Ozren, Don't worry, it's not trying to find something on the D: drive.

When the game was compiled, the compiler stored the path in the assertion failure text.  Just like "Line 302" means nothing after compiling, so does the path there.  It WOULD mean something to a developer with the code in front of him.

Now, an assertion failing in UIControlButtons would be caused by a corrupt BAM or problem with chitin.key not finding a file.  Since there are different GUI screens for different reolutions, try both 640x480 resolution and 800x600.  Tutu is not reccomended to be run at all over 800x600.
If you aren't happy, it's not my fault.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: