Author Topic: Interact.2da  (Read 1343 times)

Offline WizWom

• Wandering Kernel of Happiness
  • Planewalker
Interact.2da
« on: September 15, 2006, 06:50:01 PM »
I decided to make a BGTutu NPC, sort of as a warm-up for a BG2 NPC, and sort of because I like the flavor of BG1's plot better.
Anyway, I noticed that the Interdia.2DA iis still active in the BG2 code, which is cool.  ZSo, i made this code to put my NPC into it.
Code: [Select]
//HACK danger!  This assumes a biowar-supplied Interact.2da without any other NPC added on.
APPEND_COL ~interact.2da~ ~$ $ WxJon c c c c c 0 c c 0 0 0 i 0 0 c c i s i i i 0 0 i~
APPEND ~interact.2da~ ~WxJon       c     c     c      c        c      0      c      c       0       0      0       i       0      0     c   c     i     i      i      i     i       0       i      i     0~
But it's VERY limited.  It will not work if anyone else has done the same - the append_col, specifically, will error out if there are more than the 27 base lines.
The append will work - but I just noticed I didn't put in a test for verification that I wasn't adding a duplicate line.

Anyway, I'm relatively new to WeiDU modding, and this is giving me bits of a fit trying to figure out hiow to tell WeiDU to do what I want: which is, put in the new collum, with 0- padding, to give nuetral reactions to other NPCs added in; and then append a line with the basic 24 NPC reactions, and pad it from there with 0s.

Note: Interactions in general seem to be hampered when running in Multiplayer.
Note: I don't think NPC.IDS needs to be modified at all, but the order is the same in NPC.IDS and INTERACT.2DA
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 06:54:06 PM by WizWom »
If you aren't happy, it's not my fault.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: