Author Topic: Finch (Spoiler) I think  (Read 2710 times)

Offline alboy

• Planewalker
Finch (Spoiler) I think
« on: September 05, 2006, 12:21:14 PM »
Hi

I am using Version 2 of Finch. I know it is not the latest.
I spoke to Finch in Candalkeep but did not recruit her until Beregost.
I have nearly finished the game but still told i don't have enough books at Nashkel Manor.
I have only 4 books so far, they are,
Metallurgy Today
Nashkel a Folk History
Primer of Faerun
The Tailor of Calimshan

How many books should there be?
Where can i find the missing books?

Thanks
Alan

Offline Wanderer

• Planewalker
Re: Finch (Spoiler) I think
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 02:42:40 PM »
The last time I played through tutu, I couldn't find the book that was supposed to be in the Cloakwood mines.  (No TotSC, so I didn't expect to finish the quest anyway.)

Offline alboy

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 02:54:27 AM »
Hi

I do have TotSC installed & have already completed all the quests for the expansion. I am towards the end of Balders Gate Area & so far only found the 4 books. Can anyone else help with this quest as i would really like to finish it.

Thanks
Alan

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 06:40:13 PM »
Hi

I am using Version 2 of Finch. I know it is not the latest.
I spoke to Finch in Candalkeep but did not recruit her until Beregost.
I have nearly finished the game but still told i don't have enough books at Nashkel Manor.
I have only 4 books so far, they are,
Metallurgy Today
Nashkel a Folk History
Primer of Faerun
The Tailor of Calimshan

How many books should there be?
Where can i find the missing books?

Those are the four you need for v2. There's a scripted timer, however, in each area where you would find one of the books that destroys all four and replaces them with an item representing the completed library. (The timer is so Finch has a chance to comment about each book individually as you find them before triggering the change.) If you left the area where the last book was found very, very quickly, it's conceivable this script never had a chance to trigger.

I'd suggest either traveling to an area where you found any one of the books (Finch should pipe up and tell you you've got all the books you need after the script triggers.), or jump straight to the chase and CLUAConsole: CreateItem("SUFBOOK5", 1,0,0)
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline alboy

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 03:49:14 AM »
Hi

Thanks for the reply.
I can remember not having Finch in my group when i found the forth book because i had left her in the FAI. When i arrived back at FAI, Finch plped up about me having a very interesting book even though she was not in my party.
I let Finch join the group to give her the book & although she has all 4 books now, according to that chap in Nashkel Manor i don't have a full set.
It is along time ago now that i got all 4 books ( I am a slow player) & have no idea which areas i found any of them.
Does anyone know the 4 areas involed, as i would really like to finish this quest.

Thanks
Alan

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 10:04:53 AM »
Using CLUAConsole: CreateItem("SUFBOOK5", 1,0,0) to get the Library item Trask is looking for is probably the quickest way to finish.

Otherwise, the outdoor area where the bandit camp was would probably be the easiest to reach. Stand around a minute and the script should trigger.
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline alboy

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 10:16:49 AM »
Hi

Thanks for your help Bons.
I revisted the bandit camp area & all is well now

Alan

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: