Author Topic: BGTutu, or BGTrilogy?  (Read 2622 times)

Vincent

BGTutu, or BGTrilogy?
« on: August 08, 2006, 05:33:55 AM »
Basically I wish to play BG->BG:TOSC->BG2->BG:ToB in one consecutive run with the same characters (As BG with the BG2 engine) Would BGTutu let me do this? Or shall I tr BGTrilogy instead?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: BGTutu, or BGTrilogy?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 08:08:22 AM »
Hello -

Basically I wish to play BG->BG:TOSC->BG2->BG:ToB in one consecutive run with the same characters (As BG with the BG2 engine) Would BGTutu let me do this? Or shall I tr BGTrilogy instead?

Yes, Tutu allows you to play the BG1 game using the BG2 engine, and then import your character into BG2 proper to continue the saga.

You can do some forum reading in order to try to make a decision one way or another, but I'll state my opinion of things simply: Tutu offers a more faithful experience of the BG1 game, and is the native platform of the best mods.

Have a look at the EasyTutu page and the EasyTutu FAQ for some documentation.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
Re: BGTutu, or BGTrilogy?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 09:18:42 AM »
The other consideration is that both provide several mods that add to/integrate with (not fundamentally change) the opportunities for immersion. If you have your eye on a particular mod, then you may need to choose your "platform" to accomodate it.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: