Author Topic: Compatibility with slime quest  (Read 9166 times)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Compatibility with slime quest
« on: July 27, 2006, 08:36:18 AM »
EDIT: FotD v1.07 and slime quest are compatible, sais Echon. :)

---original post---
Hi Echon,

I have a bug report (actually three) concerning FotD and slime quest, all stating that for the installation order FotD-slime quest, entering the house used for the slime quest leads to a CTD with the error message:
"An Assertion failed in D:\Dev\Baldur\CGameSound.cpp at line number 106"

The installation order slime quest-FotD made it impossible to start the slime quest as the woman in Beregost introduced by the slime quest doesn't appear.

I would like the two mods to be compatible, if possible. Looking at the two incompatibility reports, do you have an idea of what I should adjust in the slime quest installation to make it compatible?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 01:34:22 AM by jastey »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Compatibility with slime quest
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 01:03:18 PM »
Where is the house you are trying to enter located? Also in Beregost? I do not recall in previous sound-related assertion errors but I might as well begin by checking things in FotD.

-Echon

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 02:40:07 PM »
It's house number 7 on Dudleyville's walkthrough.

Do you have an idea why the woman won't appear in the Beregost area (she is created via area script)  if FotD is installed last? Does FotD do anything with the area script (AR3300)?

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 06:21:20 PM »
FotD overwrites AR3300.BCS, as it does with all the files from the original game that it alters. Having compared this one with the original, I noticed that I have removed one trigger for some reason which is not easily apparent. I might as well just remove AR3300.BCS from the mod, but I doubt the two mods will become compatible due to this as long as FotD is installed last. I am going to have a look at that house first.

-Echon

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 02:34:30 AM »
I am not getting any assertion errors when entering that house. I guess you could still try installing FotD last if you delete AR3300.BAF from the FotD folder first. At least it is not going to overwrite the script then.

-Echon

Offline whathuh

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 04:22:41 AM »
These Assertion errors tend to be really finicky, and show up for some, while others are fine.  It's more of a problem with baldur's gate and your data being corrupted (probably).  I get them too, but not in this particular spot.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 10:24:43 AM »
Yeah, this is certainly not the first time that people have reported assertion errors that I have been unable to reproduce.

-Echon

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 05:10:38 PM »
I am not getting any assertion errors when entering that house. I guess you could still try installing FotD last if you delete AR3300.BAF from the FotD folder first. At least it is not going to overwrite the script then.

-Echon
I am surprised that the area script introduced by FotD does not necessarily have to be installed for the mod to run?
 I would very much appreciate if direct compatibility could be achieved for the two mods. (With direct I mean that the player does not have to do anything "by hand" to make it work, like deleting files before installing). Would it be possible to change the overriting to patching?

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 05:56:31 PM »
That script is not specifically mentioned in the TP2, it is just set to compile all BAFs.

Yes, it would be possible, but that is a huge project which I am not going to undertake anytime soon I am afraid, since it would only make sense to do it for the whole mod while I am at it.

-Echon

jastey*

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 09:30:08 AM »
Hi Echon,
last time I checked version 1.07, I noticed the .are get copied / overwritten. That means changes introduced before the installation of FotD, like the slime quest does to AR1344.are, get lost afterwards.

So, I am afraid unless this was changed in the meantime, slime quest and FotD are still not compatible. :'(

I am reworking the slime quest currently, and am taking out the area changing bit, as it caused too much trouble (compatibility wise and broken quest wise). The next version of the SQ will work with changed area scripts only. I am not sure when this version will be released, though.

Offline kovarex

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 10:03:32 AM »
The slime quest doesn't work for me with bgt at all.

When I enter "the house" the game crashes.

I made really small install to test what incompatibility is there, and the crash is still there.

Code: [Select]
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings,   Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers   and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in  Wrath Hell Trial
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.05a
~SETUP-SLIMEQUEST_JASTEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installation of jastey's mini-quest mod "fun with slime"
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate v6.6.1 - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Travel Times and Area Visibility -> Revised Area Visibility and Travel Times for BG1 & SoA/TOB+BP Family Mods
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #4 // Worldmap size: Choose the size of the worldmap -> Large Worldmap 4900x3500
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #6 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhall -> Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:09:15 AM by kovarex »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 11:16:04 AM »
This is a known bug for version 1.7 with BGT.
For BGT, make sure you use version 1.6. You get it from the downloads page: http://www.rosenranken.de/index.php?action=downloads;section=mods;cat=bg

Just a note: The slime quest got integrated into a bigger quest mod: BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters (still beta though).

The slime quest is included into this quest mod, and the sinlge slime quest version will vanish soon.

Offline kovarex

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 12:09:33 PM »
The package looks pretty nice, I will test it.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 12:16:31 PM »
Cool. Thank you! The linked version is pretty much a stable beta (although still named alpha), so I hope you don't encounter too many bugs (hopefully none).

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »
Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters Modification including the slime quest has been released as an open beta. It should be compatible with FotD current version.

Offline Silverstar

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 06:33:10 AM »
Yes, it is, I was able to finish the Slime quest in my current game which has both mods installed.

Great work, people!  :D

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 01:02:02 PM »
Thank you!

Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters Modification (BGQE) which includes the slime quest has been released as full version, btw. (Sorry for advertising, but I made it compatible with FotD on purpose, so.)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: