Author Topic: Sword Coast Strategems  (Read 22621 times)

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
Re: Sword Coast Strategems
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2006, 04:36:55 AM »
It is TRA-ified, in the sense that all the dialogue is in the TRA file.

If you mean it needs translation, I'd be happy to host them. Unfortunately I'm monolingual, so I can't help much ...

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 03:15:57 AM »
It turns out (due to sloppy coding on my part) that SCS stops Mur'neth appearing, unless you install him after SCS. The new version fixes this.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2006, 01:47:36 PM »
So far, everything is working out fine between SCS and BG1 NPC Project. I have not installed the "npcs get sent to an inn" or the "alternate starting locations" components, though.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »
Just tried a playtest, and got completely clobbered by Silke. This is completely awesome; low-level characters now have to be intelligent about mage/cleric combat, but no-one has special advantages (unless the player chooses to use the BG2 spells). Extremely fun upgrade of AI  8)

Offline Western Paladin

• You're not fooling me, 'cause I can see, the way you shake and shiver.
  • Planewalker
  • Jeepers!
    • Gibberlings Three
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2006, 03:21:55 AM »
Anyways, I installed all the components, then I installed some components of tutu tweaks after, the first problem I encountered was that montron got all messed up (tututweaks made him an assasin but) he had 1 hp, actually -something but max of 1, and you couldnt damage him.. I uninstalled that component of tweaks, and he was working ok. I checked khalid and he was fine, a f/m (proficiencies distributed but that I can understand).

Funny, that happened to me too - but not until I reached Minsc . . .

Then again, my installation is also majorly weird right now, so I'll see if I can disappear it myself. Just thought I'd let you know what the score was over here. :)
"What was that? I couldn't hear you over the STREET JUSTICE!"
-- Stan Smith, American Dad!

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2006, 04:01:52 AM »
As in: it happened to Montaron when you reached Minsc, or: it happened to Minsc?

It shouldn't happen to either, of course... w.d.'s problem came from an early version of SCS not playing nicely with some other mods, but hopefully the latest version is more flexible.

Offline Western Paladin

• You're not fooling me, 'cause I can see, the way you shake and shiver.
  • Planewalker
  • Jeepers!
    • Gibberlings Three
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2006, 07:51:23 AM »
It happened to Minsc, bizarrely. I'm not quite done fiddling yet, so I'll see what happens.

Edit: The current version is v3, yes?
"What was that? I couldn't hear you over the STREET JUSTICE!"
-- Stan Smith, American Dad!

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2006, 08:37:57 AM »
Edit: The current version is v3, yes?

Ah: no, it's not. Rashly or otherwise, I changed my labelling convention fairly early on, so v3 became v1.03 (I got into the habit of making micro-releases and decided the numbering would get silly. Perhaps that was a mistake). I got as far as v1.07 and then released a genuine v2 (which I haven't made a big song and dance about since it's moving to G3 fairly soon). The problem you're having, I suspect (though I'm not sure) will have been fixed by v1.06, though probably it won't fix it retrospectively (i.e., once you've arrived at Nashkel).

Offline arawn

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2006, 06:59:01 PM »
Hi David,
I installed your mod without any trouble except the choose skill and proficiencies component.

Debugger:

Copied [_yeslic.cre] to [override/_yeslic.cre]
[./override/_yeslic5.cre] loaded, 1856 bytes
override/_yeslic5.cre copied to scs/backup/6/_yeslic5.cre, 1856 bytes
Copied [_yeslic5.cre] to [override/_yeslic5.cre]
ERROR: illegal 1-byte read from offset 51 of 0-byte file a#murn.cre
ERROR: illegal 4-byte write (    ) offset 24 of 0-byte file a#murn.cre
ERROR: [a#murn.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("a#murn.cre: write out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills], rolling back to previous state
[scs/backup/6/UNSETSTR.6] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall  81 files for [SETUP-SCS.TP2] component 6.
  Restoring backed-up [scs/backup/6/_yeslic5.cre]
scs/backup/6/_yeslic5.cre copied to override/_yeslic5.cre, 1856 bytes
  Restoring backed-up [scs/backup/6/_yeslic.cre]

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
Clobbered by Bassilus
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2006, 08:16:37 PM »
This is so cool. I am used to breezing through Bassilus, barely giving him a second thought. He clobbered my party! Ajantis and Minsc both had single digit HP by the time it was over, even after multiple potions.

This was great.

Offline Captn_Immort

• Love Boat Captain
  • Planewalker
  • Take the reins and steer us towards the clear
    • Clan DLAN
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2006, 05:31:57 PM »
It is TRA-ified, in the sense that all the dialogue is in the TRA file.

If you mean it needs translation, I'd be happy to host them. Unfortunately I'm monolingual, so I can't help much ...

Hey, sorry it took me so long to reply!

Yes, i can translate this mod into spanish. For some reason i didnt see any tra files when i downloaded it :/

Now im trying to download the new version but i'm getting a 404 ? Did you move the file or deleted it perhaps? In any case, when you have it up again ill give it a go with a spanish trans. :)

Cya! :)
DialogChecker makes dealing with TRA. files a lot easier! New tool for translators and modders with multi-language mods.

CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

If you need my assistance with a translation or update of a translation please send me a PM or email. Thanks!!

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2006, 05:52:34 PM »
Hi David,
I installed your mod without any trouble except the choose skill and proficiencies component.

Yes, this is what I get for not understanding quite how WEIDU's ALLOW_MISSING command works...

What's happening is that SCS is expecting to find Mur'neth installed, and is sulking because it can't. A workaround, if you want this component, is just to install Mur'neth, Indira, and Finch (just ignore them if you don't want to use them). But I'll fix it properly as soon as I release a new version. Sorry about that!

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
Sword Coast Strategems has moved
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2006, 05:53:54 PM »
I think this got announced somewhere else, but SCS now has official hosting with Gibberlings Three.

Many many thanks for the indulgence of the moderators here at PPG for letting me squat on their site for the last few weeks - I really appreciate it.

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2006, 08:37:59 PM »
Actually, if you had wanted hosting, I'm sure we could've accomodated. But then, you G3 types have always been all "we're too good to be hosted at PPG. Neener neener neener!" :)
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline arawn

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2006, 03:36:56 AM »
Ok, this is a very interesting mod.  :)
You notice a little AI lag when you enter a new area.
The protection from (not so normal) missiles makes the mage fights very different.

How do different AI enhancing scripts interact? Say this with the Tutu AI pack?

A detail: In the Bassilius fight his strength of one affected my party too.

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2006, 04:12:26 AM »
Ok, this is a very interesting mod.  :)
You notice a little AI lag when you enter a new area.
I don't think I can do much about that... it tends to happen with any mod that adds a lot to AI scripts.
The protection from (not so normal) missiles makes the mage fights very different.
Cool. (It's the poor man's protection from magic weapons...)
How do different AI enhancing scripts interact? Say this with the Tutu AI pack?
Almost certainly they don't. If you install the TUTU AI pack after SCS, it overwrites nearly (not quite) all the SCS mage improvements with the TUTU-AI mage improvements, and nearly (not quite) all the SCS general-combat improvements with the TUTU-AI ones (so enemies won't get potions automatically, for instance). If you do it the other way around, the SCS mage AI completely overwrites the TUTU-AI mage AI and partially overwrites the TUTU-AI general AI. Basically, pick whichever one you prefer and install that one.

A detail: In the Bassilius fight his strength of one affected my party too.
Oops. Thanks.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2006, 05:19:29 AM »
Don't bother with Tutu AI. It was to fill the time before somebody produced a *real* AI mod. I'm not sure everybody can even install it. :)

Offline arawn

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2006, 05:26:34 PM »
I'm suddenly having great difficulty with the chess board. All my characters are sent back to their square if they try to leave. the picture jump somewhat like a critical hit all the time. It's just about impossible to summon monster, spells are interrupted and the attack order has to be reissued between each attack.

I never had this problem before is it something to do with SCS?

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2006, 05:59:22 PM »
I'm just about to go away, so I haven't had a chance to check this properly, but it could be an SCS problem (one caused by the game's inconsiderate habit of sometimes continuing to run the scripts of areas you're not in, which it's possible I haven't adequately insulated against.

If you can use the cheat console, try

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADKALDRAN","GLOBAL",0)

and then

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWChessDelay","GLOBAL",0)

See if that helps.

Offline arawn

• Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2006, 01:50:36 AM »
Thanks David.

DMWWChessDelay stops it until it counts up too three I believe. then the screen starts jumping and action resets again.

SPRITE_IS_DEADKALDRAN was enough, in itself, to make the problem dissappear permanently. So who is Kaldran and will his sorry dead sprite affect further game play? :P

DavidW_guest

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2006, 09:43:52 AM »
Kaldran is a bear that you fight in one of the four elemental quests to get into the chessboard area. He's one of the four creatures that have to be dead before you're teleported, in fact. SCS mucks with the transition by giving you a few rounds to prep before being teleported. I should have made sure, but didn't, that it mucked in a way that prevented you being transported more than once (the transport script is only supposed to run on the previous level, but the game can be a bit funny about which scripts it's running at a given moment.)

So what's happening to you is that you're being continually transported and re-transported to the chess maze. Sorry about this!

Offline arawn

• Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2006, 02:50:50 AM »
No worries David. It's an awesome mod. I know you have compared it with Tactics. I like Tactics and I would never play SOA without it, but sometimes it cheats so much that you really feel that the game is modded. SCS never suspend that disbelief while still making you work hard for the win. The mages really are smarter not just beefier.

BG was always more lethal then SOA anyway, so perhaps it's simpler.
(I can still remember my despair when I first played the ankheg map north of the friendly arms, it was night and the party members were dying right and left before I even knew what was hitting them. I didn't matter how many times I reloaded they just continued too die, in SOA you had to find a boss for that kind of lethality).

I love it that you actually have to use potions and scrolls. Spells like see invisibility and invisibilty purge goes from never used to mandatory. It's truly frustrating to be caught out.
There are a couple of other things I haven't mentioned. Does Invisibilty purge actually dispel Shadowdoor? it says so in the spell desciption but it doesn't seem to work.
The basilisks were even easier to kill then normal. They never seem to switch from gaze to melee. Ghorax could clean his map on his own.

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2006, 03:01:35 AM »
Hi,

Yes, not cheating (preferably not cheating at all; certainly not getting caught) was definitely one of the main goals for SCS. Actually I find Tactics very variable in this respect: if I remember right, for instance, its mage script hardly cheats at all (though its targetting isn't brilliant sometimes).

Invisibility Purge does take down Shadow Door, but most people benefitting from Shadow Door also have Minor Globe running, which blocks it. I'll take another look at the basilisks.

Offline Lys

• Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2006, 12:38:05 AM »
Any chance of a noncheating mage/cleric script? Or is that too hard work.

It prevents me from installing them (I am a stickler for the rules)

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2006, 07:50:32 AM »
Any chance of a noncheating mage/cleric script? Or is that too hard work.

For SCS? I can't actually remember there being any mage/clerics in BG1...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: