Author Topic: Problem with Sarevok's dialogs  (Read 11065 times)

Offline meromi

• Planewalker
Problem with Sarevok's dialogs
« on: July 05, 2006, 12:37:57 PM »
Mods installed: Redemption, Ascension, Easy-of-use, Unfinished Buisness/
Sarevok doesn't speak his second and third banters with PC. I really want to change his alighment, besides ascension is supposed to fix this problem
Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Rashemen ;D oops, Russia

Offline Evilyn

• Planewalker
Re: Problem with Sarevok's dialogs
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 03:00:29 PM »
Cheap answer:

Have you let enough time pass to trigger his banters?

Offline meromi

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 02:04:53 AM »
I'm on my pocket plane ready to kick Mel's ass. I think it's enough

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 06:40:31 AM »
Cheap answer:

Have you let enough time pass to trigger his banters?

Well, with Ascension they're meant to be entirely scripted, in the same way that Imoen's talks now are.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Archibald

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »
I'm having the exact same problem.  I have Ascension, Tactics, Ease of Use, Item Upgrade, Soulafein, Valen, Unfinished Business, G3 Anniversary, Quest Pack mods, plus Baldurdash and the official patch.  I get the first dialogue after killing Yaga Shura and then I never get another one.

I've heard these are scripted in Ascension, but I haven't been able to find a specific listing of when exactly each of these dialogues is supposed to take place.  Does anybody know the specific events that trigger each dialogue?  Is there a time component as well, after the event happens?  Ctrl I isn't doing anything either, and this is right before the final battle.  Can I force these last two conversations by futzing with specific global variables or timers via Shadow Keeper?

Sarevok figures significantly in my plan to win the final battle, and I really don't need him turning against me.

Thanks in advance.

da_2_pacalypse

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 04:02:17 AM »
You say you got the first banter after Yaga Sura? I got the third one right before that fight. If the second one is where you talk about tamoko and yoshimo that is, then i got the third one. Problem is I died and didnt save it, so im waiting for that banter, but its not coming. I got 2 jaheira banters and 1 imoen since then. So I dont think there a specific time in the game you get em since a number of people got at different parts.

Elflady

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 01:50:08 AM »
Did anyone find a solution to this?  I had the same problem. I think maybe the timer is messed up, but i have no clue how to fix it.  I played all the way thru ToB and Sarevok only talked to me once, right after he joined my party.  And Imoen did her dialogs back-to-back when I reached Amkethran.  I have Ease-of-Use, Kelsey, Valen, Unfinshed Business, Item Upgrade, G3 Anniversary, the flirt & banter packs, and Turnabout Mods installed. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Offline MidnightVoyager

• Elf/Dwarf/Human Ranger/Rogue... uh...
  • Planewalker
  • My course is as elusive as a shadow across the sky
    • Middy's Art
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 07:55:24 PM »
I'm having the same problem, too. Is there anything anyone can tell us to change to make the dialogs trigger correctly? The variables for the timer? Anything?

EDIT: If it helps, I'd mention that I've done everything I can with Sarevok and the sword, and nothing happened there either. I assume this is another dialog that just isn't triggering?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 08:09:27 PM by MidnightVoyager »
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkeys typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true." -Ian Hart

Offline MidnightVoyager

• Planewalker
    • Middy's Art
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 03:24:27 PM »
Maybe it's something to do with Sarevok's Remorse in Unfinished Business?
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkeys typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true." -Ian Hart

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 03:47:32 PM »
Sometimes it happens that Sarevok's banters take a long time to trigger. (By the way, have you made him swear an oath of servitude? He won't be changing an alignment then).

Try activating the console and pressing CTRL-I a couple of times. It should help.

Generally, it is hard to mess up Sarevok's banter file so he doesn't talk at all, so if everything else looks good, you'll hear from him sooner or later. Or, as I said, try the console.

Offline MidnightVoyager

• Planewalker
    • Middy's Art
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 04:29:49 PM »
Done it. But I don't think that helps any. The banters are now SCRIPTED, it says... so if the script wasn't firing...

And yeah, I didn't make him swear the geas.

Offline MidnightVoyager

• Planewalker
    • Middy's Art
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 08:36:56 PM »
*jabs Sarevok repeatedly with the sword, hoping he eventually recognizes it!!*

It's! Right! There! Gaaah!

Elflady

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 06:20:31 PM »
Did anyone ever find a solution to this?  According to the readme the 2nd and 3rd Sarevok banters not firing was supposed to already have been fixed.  I got the first right after he joined me and the sword conversation fired and then nothing. I even tried re-installing Ascension!   HELP!!!   ???

Elflady

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 09:26:04 PM »
Me again!  I got frustrated and started uninstalling things and found the problem...  or part of it anyway.  The "Sarevok's remorse" part of the Unfinshed Business mod conflicts with the conversations in the Ascension mod.  I don't know if it fixes the timers (I was almost to the end of the game when I figured it out) but uninstalling "Sarevok's remorse" will at least let you use CTRL-I on the console to trigger the talks.  Hope someone finds this helpful!   :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: