Author Topic: A possible bug report: the component of revised Nine hell trial  (Read 2008 times)

Bairy

Hey,

I don't know if this is due to Mods I installed or simply the bug in the component itself, but I have a problem to report: in the trial of sacrifice in Nine Hell Trial, it seems that no matter which path I choose (except neutral), the dialogue of the demon always ring out as if I chose the good path of self sacrifice for an innonent. Obviously, the bonus of the result is always the good bonus (+10% to magic resistance). Furthermore, after I open up both of the doors, I have to wait a QUITE awhile before the demon will finally kill (yes, not releast, but kill) the innocent, and say all about how "noble" my choice was.

I have following Mods/patches installed: Both official and unofficial (Baldurash), Ashes of Embers, Ease of Use, Tactics, Ascension, Oversight, Questpack, and finally, Dungeon Be Gone. They were installed in the order I listed, I am pretty sure, so if you do find any glitch in my method, some help would be appreciated.

Another minor problem report: whenever tactics component is installed with improved area/AI stuff of questpack, it seems that some part of tactics component is destroyed/ruined. For example, against the first confrontation with Bodhi, she would come out with all the stats like tactics designed, but no grim archers will be with her at insanity difficulty. Furthermore, if I run away and disappear from her sight, she will dimension door to where I am, but instead of attacking me, she simply wonder around here and there, never seem to even notice my presence-a bit quizzical script problem. Similarly, Improved Maevar Component will lose its edges and all the nice crazy spell combo Maevar will abuse is suddenly gone, and he will maybe use some stone skins and mirror images when attacked.

I know there is a huge chance that my ignorance in the order installing Mods may have caused problems, so any pointer would be, once again, really appreciated.

And furthermore, I will proudly say that SimDing's Mods were always extremely satisfactory and have been the "must install" along with Tactics and Ascension of Weimer. I don't think the words of appreciation would hurt here, so I wanted to say thanks again for the great Mods.

Thanks again!

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
The way you've got it set up currently, QP is patching out some of Tactics. If you want full Tactics AI, either install it after QP, or don't install QP's AI components.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Bairy

That is exactly way I have been dealing with the issue with Tactics (I simply don't intall them)  :D still, I would like to find out the way to fix the Nine hell problem.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
I don't know if this is due to Mods I installed or simply the bug in the component itself, but I have a problem to report: in the trial of sacrifice in Nine Hell Trial, it seems that no matter which path I choose (except neutral), the dialogue of the demon always ring out as if I chose the good path of self sacrifice for an innonent. Obviously, the bonus of the result is always the good bonus (+10% to magic resistance). Furthermore, after I open up both of the doors, I have to wait a QUITE awhile before the demon will finally kill (yes, not releast, but kill) the innocent, and say all about how "noble" my choice was.
This isn't the first report of something fishy happening here. Will check through it.

Another minor problem report: whenever tactics component is installed with improved area/AI stuff of questpack, it seems that some part of tactics component is destroyed/ruined. For example, against the first confrontation with Bodhi, she would come out with all the stats like tactics designed, but no grim archers will be with her at insanity difficulty. Furthermore, if I run away and disappear from her sight, she will dimension door to where I am, but instead of attacking me, she simply wonder around here and there, never seem to even notice my presence-a bit quizzical script problem. Similarly, Improved Maevar Component will lose its edges and all the nice crazy spell combo Maevar will abuse is suddenly gone, and he will maybe use some stone skins and mirror images when attacked.
As noted, whichever AI you install last will take precedence. There's no easy way I can change this, and it's fairly sensible really.

And furthermore, I will proudly say that SimDing's Mods were always extremely satisfactory and have been the "must install" along with Tactics and Ascension of Weimer. I don't think the words of appreciation would hurt here, so I wanted to say thanks again for the great Mods.
No, thank you!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: