Author Topic: help on certain mod installation order  (Read 2939 times)

Offline conan26

• Planewalker
help on certain mod installation order
« on: May 28, 2006, 08:52:09 PM »
wonderin if anyones used these same mods and in what order,  im only interested in MINOR tweaks and bugfixes and of course im very interested in half finished content that was never realeased,
so heres what i got and what order I would install them
1. Baldurdash fixpack
2. racial traits mod
3. dudley fix 1, 2, and 3
4. unfinished business

all these mods I consider to be closest to the pure game but enough improvement to make it a little longer and considerably better.
Now I understand mods that modify the same aspects or files are where it causes problems,  is it as easy as looking through the readmes to see what they change and avoid them?  thats my problem   im not very good at understanding the inner workins of these mods yet,  I just like what I hear it makes for changes
If anyone has any suggestion or any kind of info at all  it would be MOST appreciated,
thanx to the majority of smarter people than I!

also one other thing while im here,  anyone else have problems with sound on highend newer systems for BG1??   i get music but some soundeffects like when I strike an opponent dont make a sound  or its very faint and not executed on time,  like after i whack the guy, then it makes a very faint sound like I turned my sound effect volume down even though i havent   I have original saga and an onboard realtek AC97 soundcard ]
\
thanx again people!

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Re: help on certain mod installation order
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 02:21:37 AM »
Hello!

You don't need to install the racial traits as Unfinished Business already talkes care of it (it's one of the components). I would also recommend you to give Echon's Fields of the Dead a chance.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 04:08:49 AM »
I would always recommend FotD, of course, but if minor tweaks and restorations are what he is looking for he is probably going to get disappointed. :)

-Echon

Offline conan26

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 02:06:42 PM »
hey well im still open to anything,  if its a great soundin mod i will try it out,
so im gonna look it up now!
hoiw about my installation order?    are some of these that affect the same components gonna cause problems??

and any idea on sound issue?

thanx for the replies already people

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: