Author Topic: Removed stat gain in Hell?  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Ascendency-Down

• Planewalker
Removed stat gain in Hell?
« on: April 28, 2006, 12:03:57 AM »
I'm referring to the following change made by version 2.3 of Quest Pack:

"Hell: Removed leftover stat gain upon defeating Wraith Sarevok."

If the PC chooses the evil way during the Wrath-trial in the unmodded (but patched) game, he gets +2 to his strength - and +1 to his primary attribute after defeating Sarevok. Does that mean that the latter stat gain is removed by Quest Pack 2.3? May I ask why this is changed? Is this a confirmed bug? The game is already totally biased towards a goody-goody playing style, so there is no need to push the player even more into this direction, at least in my opinion. Actually, this is one of the very few situations in the game I can think of in which it is really beneficial to play in an evil fashion.

Oh, and otherwise great mod!

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: Removed stat gain in Hell?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 03:30:53 AM »
No, it's not a "confirmed bug".

Yes, it's pretty clearly leftover from an older means of distributing hell bonuses.

I agree that there are many good ways in which the game could be enhanced for evil players. An unexplained bonus to a single random hell trial which you aren't even notified of ingame until you open the record screen is not one of them.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: