Author Topic: Bug Report  (Read 17554 times)

Offline Vasculio

• Baldur's Gate
  • Planewalker
  • Death comes for you! Feel its icy breath!
Bug Report
« on: April 09, 2006, 02:36:59 AM »
Okay i noticed how i wasn't geting Khalid ending by having all three summons.

Note: You can't turn down summoning Dynheir or Tiax to summon on the next pool. You just get the "No" option on all characters.

Anyway heres the bug. I summon Dynheir just to have her die again. I went to the next pool to summon Khalid and promise to resurrect him.
Then i went to the third pool, which i had turn down summoning.

We finally kick Mellissian's butt, after the hero's ending. Instead showing Khalid Ending, its shows Dynheirs instead. Even though i didn't resurrect her.

Before adding more characters. I'm looking forward to endings for Gorion and Yoshimo, I not sure if Alianna has one?

Basicly just looking forward to bug fixes!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 02:39:00 AM by Vasculio »
Montaron- Ye goody-goodies make me sick!
Xzar- Must we be so insufferably charitable?!

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Bug Report
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 10:38:01 AM »
Part of this is a known issue but we really don't know how to fix it. The problem seems to be related to the engine's scripting getting out of sync on very fast computers (like, those much faster than existed when the game was published.) The only thing we've found that helps is to click slowly through the pool dialogues.

I'll see what I can do about the Dynaheir/Khalid thing. Did you offer Dynaheir new life as well? (which would be another bug.)
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Vasculio

• Baldur's Gate
  • Planewalker
  • Death comes for you! Feel its icy breath!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 04:21:46 AM »
Part of this is a known issue but we really don't know how to fix it. The problem seems to be related to the engine's scripting getting out of sync on very fast computers (like, those much faster than existed when the game was published.) The only thing we've found that helps is to click slowly through the pool dialogues.

I'll see what I can do about the Dynaheir/Khalid thing. Did you offer Dynaheir new life as well? (which would be another bug.)

If you want, i could take some screenshots and label them, in order to show you what i'm talking about!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 12:11:40 PM by Vasculio »
Montaron- Ye goody-goodies make me sick!
Xzar- Must we be so insufferably charitable?!

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 12:04:17 AM »
Can someone tell me what exactly is involved in going slowly through the conversations, so that I have options other than "no" after choosing an option from the pool? Do I have to wait a certain amount of time before continuing each time? A few particular parts? Hold down the continue button? How much waiting time, if that?

I've tried this several times with no result, using mixes of these possibilities. Is there any way I can break the conversation in the pool that lets me get Dynaheir or Tiax? When I can only say "No" to them, there's nothing but an infinite loop I can't get out of, since there's no "Bring back noone" option from there.

Offline AkashaCatBat

• Loves Glowsticks
  • Planewalker
  • Teh Akasha
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 12:17:11 AM »
Is there any way someone could make an epilogue post for all the NPCs that can be resurrected by CHARNAME? It's been years since this came out and I have yet to see Khalid's ending. :( Even when I choose not to raise anyone from the first pool, I still get Dynaheir's epilogue instead of Khalid's.

In fact, the only two I have ever seen work are Dynaheir and Yoshimo, since I rarely play with an evil party. Has anyone else seen any other ending?

It seems a shame to me that someone went to all that trouble writing a beautiful epilogue and it never gets a chance to be read.
"In this world of miracles, there's nothing wrong we can't make right." - Feeling Electric

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: