Author Topic: Baldur's Gate Prologue voice-over intro being skipped! Why?  (Read 8920 times)

Offline MikeSol

• Planewalker
After  I create a character, I am taken right to Candlekeep. The intro voice over that normally plays is skipped. I then noticed that after the fight with Gorion and Saverok, I got the correct voice over and text for that point in the game, but it was playing over the Candlekeep graphic that I should have seen in the original voice over. I also did not get a chapter advance when arriving in Nashkal as I believe I should have. Tutu v6 never gave me this problem before. Maybe one of the mods is screwing it up? I am using the following: Tutufix16b, TutuTweaks-v19 from the Gibberling Three, Item Upgrade v32 and Ease of Use v32 from Weimer -- I am using various plugins from these mods.

Does anyone have any idea which of all the little plugins from these mods could cause the intro voice over not to play? I suspect that if I can get the intro voice over to play again, the other problems I described will go away. Thank you for any assistance.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Baldur's Gate Prologue voice-over intro being skipped! Why?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 06:06:59 PM »
Hello -

After  I create a character, I am taken right to Candlekeep. The intro voice over that normally plays is skipped. I then noticed that after the fight with Gorion and Saverok, I got the correct voice over and text for that point in the game, but it was playing over the Candlekeep graphic that I should have seen in the original voice over. I also did not get a chapter advance when arriving in Nashkal as I believe I should have. Tutu v6 never gave me this problem before. Maybe one of the mods is screwing it up? I am using the following: Tutufix16b, TutuTweaks-v19 from the Gibberling Three, Item Upgrade v32 and Ease of Use v32 from Weimer -- I am using various plugins from these mods.

Does anyone have any idea which of all the little plugins from these mods could cause the intro voice over not to play? I suspect that if I can get the intro voice over to play again, the other problems I described will go away. Thank you for any assistance.

I'm fairly certain all of the issues revolving around chapters (chapters advancing, what narration plays when, dreams) are in fact broken in Tutu 6 and are not caused by mods you might be using.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline MikeSol

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 07:18:53 PM »
I'm fairly certain all of the issues revolving around chapters (chapters advancing, what narration plays when, dreams) are in fact broken in Tutu 6 and are not caused by mods you might be using.

Yes this might just be a chapter problem, although I thought this was fixed in tutufix16b. Maybe I was mistaken. I found out since posting my original message that the problem does not always occur. I am currently playing a game where the opening prologue DID play. As I suspected, I did not run into the other problems I mentioned in my first post. Those problems seemed to have stemmed from the prologue not playing. I still find it odd though that I never had a problem with the prologue before with Tutu 6. I wasn't using some of these mods last time - which is why I was looking there for the culprit.

Offline MikeSol

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 11:30:39 AM »
Macready, I just noticed that you are the same person who convinced me to use EasyTutu. I wanted to let you know that I did try it. Unfortunately there are problems with it stemming from the version of of Tutu it uses.

1. My character's movement is choppy. The only fix I am aware of for this problem is turning off ambient sound which I don't want to do. The game is far too slient without it.

2. The travel map is messed up. I am getting grey icons rather then the colored flashing icons I can get with Tutu 6. Now, Tutu 6 has this problem to with the grey icons, but it can be fixed. The same fix does NOT work for the version of Tutu that EasyTutu uses as I just tried it. I *need* the corrected icons as I can tell which map areas I have been to and which I have not. They change colors after you have been to that location just like in regular BG1. The grey icons don't do this. They always remain the same color.

In short, dealing with the problems of Tutu 6 is, so far, turning out to be the lesser of the two evils for me.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 11:55:12 AM »
Hello -

Macready, I just noticed that you are the same person who convinced me to use EasyTutu. I wanted to let you know that I did try it. Unfortunately there are problems 1. My character's movement is choppy. The only fix I am aware of for this problem is turning off ambient sound which I don't want to do. The game is far too slient without it.

As far as I know, this is an engine issue and has nothing to do with what version of Tutu you are using.

2. The travel map is messed up. I am getting grey icons rather then the colored flashing icons I can get with Tutu 6. Now, Tutu 6 has this problem to with the grey icons, but it can be fixed. The same fix does NOT work for the version of Tutu that EasyTutu uses as I just tried it. I *need* the corrected icons as I can tell which map areas I have been to and which I have not. They change colors after you have been to that location just like in regular BG1. The grey icons don't do this. They always remain the same color.

Is the alternate map the one Ghrey did as an optional component in Tutufix, or are you referring to something else?  Also, if you point me toward the fix you mentioned, I am happy to evaluate it to see if it is something that can be easily adapted.

In short, dealing with the problems of Tutu 6 is, so far, turning out to be the lesser of the two evils for me.

OK.

EDIT: Erased my Tutu6 question.  I looked it up for myself.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 12:12:32 PM by Macready »
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline MikeSol

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 12:53:17 PM »
As far as I know, this is an engine issue and has nothing to do with what version of Tutu you are using.

Well it happens with Tutu v5 but not Tutu v6, so that was the only conclusion I could come to.

Is the alternate map the one Ghrey did as an optional component in Tutufix, or are you referring to something else?  Also, if you point me toward the fix you mentioned, I am happy to evaluate it to see if it is something that can be easily adapted.

No, I am not referring to the componnent in Tutufix. All that does is make the background look like BG2 rather then the plain one in BG1. The icons are messed up either way. At least that is the case with Tutu 6. Maybe installing that component will work with Tutu 5. I didn't try it. It was Ghreyfain (think that was his name) who showed me how to fix the icons. I asked him here awhile back. You simply go into the tutufix\wmptweak directory and copy worldmap.wmp and yac22map.bam into your ovveride directory. This fixes the map in Tutu 6. That is what I tried with EasyTutu and it did not fix the worldmap. And yes, I tried with a new character. Now maybe installing that component will fix the map. Or maybe copying those files from *tutufix16b* rather then from the version that comes with EasyTutu will work. I can not try either anymore. Perhaps you are willing to try. I'd like to know.

Again, I do not blame EasyTutu for any of my problems. These issues stem from the version of Tutu it uses. I have seen these problems before EasyTutu ever came along.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: