Author Topic: Baldurdash and EasyTutu?  (Read 6834 times)

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
Re: Baldurdash and EasyTutu?
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2006, 02:56:58 PM »
Thanks for the help!. But what I want to do is not select a kit in BG1 TUTU, but then take the same chracter, import him into BG2 and give him a kit this time (Archer in BG1 is kinda cheesey). The engine just sees it as a BG2 character and won't give you "new" options.  I guess this is only possible through importing a vanilla BG1 save or editing with shadowkeeper.  :( Is shadowkeeper a good tool, I don't want any corrupt save files.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 02:59:01 PM by cvieor »

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2006, 03:33:44 PM »
OK - understood  8). I have used SK and NearInfinity; in my opinion, SK is easier to understand. The quickest, easiest, least-complicated way to do what you want to do, then, is when you get to the end of Tutu create a new Archer character in BG2. Start the game, and when you have finished the opening BG2 cutscene save. Open the save in SK, and change the Str,Int, etc. of the new character to match your old character, change the XP to match your old character, and save. Reopen BG2, load the edited save, and level up.

This results in a character that has all of the attributes of a level "x" Archer, all the stats/experience gained in Tutu as a Ranger, and without having those attributes during the Tutu run.

From a roleplaying perspective, perhaps your dude/dudette was working on the archer stuff on the side; the strange editing feeling was the Infamous Irenicus Torture-by-Editor  :pirate !

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2006, 08:12:33 PM »
is when you get to the end of Tutu create a new Archer character in BG2. Start the game, and when you have finished the opening BG2 cutscene save. Open the save in SK, and change the Str,Int, etc. of the new character to match your old character, change the XP to match your old character, and save. Reopen BG2, load the edited save, and level up.

Is this easier than importing my tutu character and giving him the archer kit with SK?  Cause more things would import (I think).
edit: or better yet, finish Tutu, then create that character with GateKeeper (in BG1).  Would that work?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 02:01:01 PM by cvieor »

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2006, 11:14:09 AM »
Don't use Gatekeeper on anything but a BG1 file. SK is for BG2 engine material!

Well, if you import your Ranger, he comes with all Ranger attributes up to that point, and none of the new kit abilities. When you SK a kit on, the kit doesn't take effect until the next level up.

Someone more conversant than I needs to weigh in on this one...
I think that means you will have your original character, but progression in the new kit abilities (i.e., your L 8 Ranger has only 1 "called shot"). Since I am pretty conservative with editing/changing, I have always simply rolled a new character in the correct class and then edited stats/etc. to match my original character. That means that I have a "clean" character that matches the original -- no accidental "extra abilities", etc.

It might be fun to do each of the ways, and see what results.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: