Author Topic: Baldurdash and EasyTutu?  (Read 6837 times)

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
Baldurdash and EasyTutu?
« on: March 26, 2006, 03:32:16 PM »
Can I install baldurdash for both BG1 and BG2 before installing EasyTutu? I don't want them to screw up tutu at all. Thanks!

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Baldurdash and EasyTutu?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 04:29:35 PM »
Hello -

Can I install baldurdash for both BG1 and BG2 before installing EasyTutu? I don't want them to screw up tutu at all. Thanks!

Yes, you may, although either way it will not affect your EasyTutu installation.  EasyTutu comes Baldurdashed whether you want it to or not. :)  So, there is little point to Baldurdashing BG1, unless you actually plan to play vanilla BG1.

Baldurdashing BG2 is recommended, because you will benefit from it when you play BG2.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 04:58:03 PM »
You're awesome! Thanks!

Avian

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 08:05:51 PM »
You're awesome! Thanks!
I'll agree with that  ;D,

What other fixes would you recommend for bg2?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 10:05:04 PM »
Hello -

What other fixes would you recommend for bg2?

Keep your eyes on The Gibberlings Three in the coming months.  They are cooking up a BG2 "fixpack" that fixes everthing Baldurdash does, and much more.

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 07:24:50 PM »
Can I install the new fixpack over baldurdash? I don't want to have to reinstall :(

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 07:52:41 PM »
Hello -

Can I install the new fixpack over baldurdash? I don't want to have to reinstall :(

I doubt it.  But it's not even available yet, so reinstalling would still be a ways off.

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 07:57:11 PM »
Two more quick Q's.  Could I just pack up a full clean install of BG2, delete the current folder and replace it with the clean backup for the future patch?  And is there a new fixpack being made for BG1 also? Thanks!
edit: Ok a 3rd, will the degreenifier be included in the next version of EasyTutu?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 07:59:10 PM by cvieor »

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 08:25:43 PM »
Hello -

Two more quick Q's.  Could I just pack up a full clean install of BG2, delete the current folder and replace it with the clean backup for the future patch?

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Can you blow away your BG2 folder, and replace it with a backup of a clean install, and have the patch work?  I would think so, but I really don't know for sure.  What do you have against the installer?

And is there a new fixpack being made for BG1 also? Thanks!

I believe so, but it is considerably further off.

edit: Ok a 3rd, will the degreenifier be included in the next version of EasyTutu?

There is a de-greenifier already available -- check the EasyTutu page.  Will it be bundled into EasyTutu itself?  No, because that would make the EasyTutu download around 1.5 GBs in size.

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 09:25:34 PM »
Couldn't find something on this with Easytutu, just regular tutu.  Can you export characters to play with in BG2?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 10:12:22 PM »
Hello -

Couldn't find something on this with Easytutu, just regular tutu.  Can you export characters to play with in BG2?

Yes.  After you win, a final save will be created automatically.  Copy this final save to your BG2 installation, and use the import feature in BG2 character creation in order to import your character into BG2.

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 01:28:40 AM »
I just read that you said the newer TutuTweaks packs are buggy.  Should I install v19 or v16 (I have both downloaded)?  I'd rather have older and stable than newer and buggy.  I'll install that right after I use tutufix for everything but the core fixes as you said  :)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 07:11:08 AM »
Hello -

I just read that you said the newer TutuTweaks packs are buggy.

Well, I didn't go so far as to call it buggy.  A few things which used to work started not working after BGT support was added.  I probably shouldn't have suggested that using an earlier version is a good idea, so I am going to delete that bit from my previous post.

The G3 folks work diligently at fixing any and all issues brought to their attention.  Further, you will not get any support when using an old version.  So go with whatever is most current at the time you are modding your game.

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 08:11:17 PM »
Do you know which components stopped working? I just won't intall those :)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 08:33:07 PM »
Hello -

Do you know which components stopped working? I just won't intall those :)

Visit the Tweaks forum and have a look around.  It's the best way to keep tabs on things.

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 07:07:43 PM »
Hello -

Yes.  After you win, a final save will be created automatically.  Copy this final save to your BG2 installation, and use the import feature in BG2 character creation in order to import your character into BG2.

If I make my TUTU character a ranger, when I import him can I make him an archer?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 08:01:56 PM »
Hello -

If I make my TUTU character a ranger, when I import him can I make him an archer?

You can import any save, so why not take your most recent save and see?

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 09:30:17 PM »
I didn't know if it made it a "special" last save or something.
edit: I just tried it, it didn't let me pick a kit! Is this suppost to happen?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 09:37:25 PM by cvieor »

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 09:36:24 PM »
Hello -

I didn't know if it made it a "special" last save or something.

Well, you do get a "final save" once you've won the game, but that save is functionally equivalent to any other save.  It just contains the sum total of your BG1 runthrough.

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 09:45:13 PM »
So no kit upgrades? I'm confused.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 10:23:03 PM »
Hello -

So no kit upgrades? I'm confused.

I don't know.  That's why I suggested you try a test import.

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2006, 12:55:06 PM »
I found out that it's because the Tutu saves are BG2 style.  If I import from vanilla BG1, I get to pick a kit and racial enemy.  Is there any way to convert my Tutu save to BG1 format so I can import it into BG2 the right way?

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2006, 01:38:09 PM »
It looks like what you are really asking is:

I have a Tutu run-through Ranger I want to make into an Archer when I start a BG2 game. How can I do that?

The answer to this question is either

1. import your character from Tutu final save as a ranger, then change the kit in Shadowkeeper and advance in the new kit;
or
2. start a new BG2 game, create an Archer character, and edit your experience/stats/etc. to match your old character.

I believe a Ranger/Archer dual class is impossible, as one is the subset of the other.

Offline cvieor

• Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2006, 01:46:10 PM »
Nono, I didn't want to dual class a ranger/archer.  If you load a character from BG1 it lets you pick a kit for your class and such, but this is not true with Tutu saves. Maybe some kind of restore file could be included like there is in regular Tutu, but just for converting the saved game.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2006, 02:32:22 PM »
Well, l must be missing the point, sorry man  ???. To check it out, the posts above summarized:

A Tutu game (in all its variations) is really a BG2 game using a BG2 character and emulating the BG1 environment. Ordinarily, it will not give you a chance to change kits, because you get to set that up at the start of character creation; changing it means using a character/saved game editor.

1. If you have played through a vanilla BG1 game, your character couldn't have kits because they didn't exist in BG1. Thus, when you import a character from BG1, you get to choose kits and move up to Tutu.

2. If you have played through a Tutu game, then your original character was created in the BG2 engine, and you had choice of kits when you built the character. All versions of Tutu saves ARE BG2 saves. The way to change BG2/Tutu saved game imported characters is to edit them.

The "restore" file for regular Tutu only helps clean up the directory so that you can use your BG2 installation to play BG2 instead of Tutu. So, there is no true "converting" of Tutu save>BG2 save. All that is happening is that you are extracting the character from the Tutu(BG2engine) save, and putting that character into a BG2(BG2engine) game with a new environment (but the same old rules). The only time you get to *choose* a new kit rather than edit one in (other than a straight BG1 saved game, which is in a different format) is at initial character generation, which for all intents and purposes is at the beginning of using the BG2 engine (either Tutu or BG2).

Hope this helps  :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: