Author Topic: Guarded Compound  (Read 6840 times)

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Guarded Compound
« on: March 07, 2006, 05:59:10 PM »
On the first level of the Guarded Compound, there's a trap that summons a demon and some other shit. This is not only heavily gay, since the demon just attacks the stuff it was summoned with, ignoring you and generally looking stupid, but is also a last-minute Bioware hack.
What was MEANT to happen, it appears, is that Ketta, the thief on the upper level, would backstab the party. This is indicated by the naming of the trigger region and associated script. I certainly think this'd be vastly more interesting than a load of random shit being summoned that doesn't even work properly. (It would eliminate the combat from the first level, however, so I'd suggest having some arbitrary shit summoned after Ketta runs off anyway.)

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
Re: Guarded Compound
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 10:51:42 AM »
I'm all in favour. I usually used a simple Death Spell + PFE10", so combat on the first level was virtually non-existant anyway.

Offline Rabain

• Planewalker
  • Luck o' the Irish!
Re: Guarded Compound
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 03:27:18 PM »
If that mage with Ketta summoned the demon etc just before leaving to go upstairs...a sort of "Show these riff-raff to the door Mr. Demon, the door to the lower hells, mwahahaha!" type thing, it might make more sense.
Touchstone: Wild Elf Fighter
BG2CPM: Dialog Portraits for Everyone!
WTPFamiliars: A new version of the Find Familiar Spell
All at: Border Kingdoms

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: